Run | Sarah Paulson | Lionsgate

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score

Sarah Paulson has nabbed the lead role in Lionsgate's thriller Run from the creative team behind Searching, with Aneesh Chaganty to direct.

Paulson will play a mother who raises her teenage daughter in isolation, only to see her life begin to unravel as she discovers her mother's sinister secret.

Really dope trailer and Paulson looks like she's really going to deliver. Also, Searching was fantastic.

One thing that I found great is that the actress portraying the daughter, actually uses a wheelchair! :up:

As someone with special needs, I can only hope that films like this and Peanut Butter Falcon will inspire Hollywood to try to search for disabled actors harder.

Yeah, that would be great if more real disabled/wheelchair users got a shot!

So Lionsgate sold it to Hulu. Hey, as long as it's better than Antebellum.

Also, calling it now: the twist is probably something like "She's not her real mom and was a kidnap victim" or something.

Awesome to see this dropping just before the holidays.That's like the best time to watch new movies and shows IMO.

Can't wait to see it, I loved Aneesh Chaganty's Searching.

Given how good and surprisingly unpredictable Searching was, I REALLY hope I haven't guessed the twist already. Either Paulson's not her real mother (a la the Alice twist from The People Under the Stairs) or she's on the run and trying to protect her daughter from SOMETHING or SOMEONE. Considering we've only seen 2 characters in these trailers and thus making this look like a 2-person show a la The Lighthouse (IMDB says there's other people in this movie), I really hope they're withholding the other characters and other information to avoid spoilers.

I think Paulson is a really talented actress but her movie choices were bad very often or were not my cup of tea. I got strong Vibes of Sharp Objects here and I agree with @MOVIELORD101 , there have to be another twist. Since how it looks now, they take away a lot of movie experience already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"