Ryan Murphy Brings 'Feud' to FX

I haven't gotten the People v. OJ set yet, did that have a lot of features?

Itll be interesting come awards season who gets nominated and who wins. You know Joan and Bette are fighting in the after life over whose portrayer will get that emmy.

How funny is it that Bette hated Fate Dunaway who ended up portraying Joan?

Last edited:
Itll be interesting come awards season who gets nominated and who wins. You know Joan and Bette are fighting in the after life over whose portrayer will get that emmy.

How funny is it that Bette hated Fate Dunaway who ended up portraying Joan?

That's tied with Anne Bancroft almost playing Joan in Mommie Dearest for things that are just beyond belief to me. The actress that Joan used to snatch the Oscar out of Bette's hands almost played Joan? lolwut?

Great stuff, though. Curious to see the response to Charles and Diana, when that comes. I fear that they executed old Hollywood so well here that the audience will subconsciously hold it against the show for not sticking to that.

The dude that directed Trog won two Oscars for cinematography.

Edit: oh, wow, he also shot The Elephant Man, Dune and Cape Fear.

Last edited:
OH MY G JOAN :'( I FEEL WORTHLESS

btw although they never met, did you know bette davis asked for susan sarandon to play her on screen. Susan tweeted about it last year

Welp, I watched the finale with a lump in my throat the whole time. The scene that elicited full-blown tears was the one with Joan and her grandkids. Powerful. I also loved the part where Joan described her life guidelines.

BD was an ungrateful brat to the end. Your mom swats your two-year-old for crying and now she can only have supervised visits with him? :whatever:

Wow, what a strong finale. I absolutely loved that dream sequence. It was so heartbreaking.

I'm with @BestGirl, BD was a brat. I never quite believed all of her claims like I did Christina Crawford.

I don't know. If Crawford's claims are accurately represented in the Mommie Dearest movie, that's just f***ing outlandish.

It's possible I'm just letting Lange's more human, sympathetic performance cloud my judgment.

That was a great series.It really made me want to watch or re-watch some of those films.

There's this Princess Diana: Final 100 Days documentary on, and they talk about how she and Versace were friends and how she attended his funeral shortly before her own death. With Ryan's tendency, between ACS and Feud, to weave recognizable figures into stories they're sort of tangentially related to (the Kardashians in People v. OJ, Sinatra and those Oscar winners/nominees in Bette and Joan), I wonder if he may use the same actress playing Diana in season 2 of Feud to play her in a cameo on the Versace season of ACS.

Charles and Diana no longer in active development:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/feud-charles-diana-season-no-longer-active-at-fx-1132117

'Feud' Charles and Diana Season No Longer Active at FX

FX's efforts to tell the story of Prince Charles and Princess Diana is no longer happening.

"As far as I know, it's not active right now," FX CEO John Landgraf told The Hollywood Reporter when asked about the status of the second season of the anthology from Ryan Murphy.

Does that mean this show is dead?

There's so many celeb feuds they have to mine tho.

Too bad. I was looking forward to the Charles and Diana story.

Perhaps now they'll fast track Feud: Taylor and Kanye.

Also The Crown is probably gonna feature that to some extent

That sucks. Especially as they pushed The Hurricane Katrina series back for this (as well as the Gianni Versace series).

Hopefully they find a worthy feud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"