Ryse: Son of Rome

Male or female streaker?!

Male or female streaker?!

Haha it was a male unfortunately. But it was the strangest thing, here i am fighting all these dudes and behind me i just see some dude running across the screen. Little black bars covering him up and everything. Weird wild stuff haha.

I'm just addicted to this multiplayer. Really really love the combat in this game

I know its a bit shallow but its damn fun and can be challenging plus the executions do not get old

EDit: wrong thread

Quick question & sorry if this has been asked before, but how long does the first stage take to "install"? It's been installing for close to 20 minutes already.

It doesn't, I don't think you can play til its fully installed

Yeah, it took close to 30-40 minutes or so to fully install & finally got around to playing it. Wowzers.

Yeah she is a bit of a big install.

Im glad I installed all my 360 games, which got me used to the whole process. If not, i would of found the mandatory XB1 installs to be really frustrating.

Yeah at least all of the other games allow you to play while its installing

I want to get this soon. And I don't have a problem with installing. My huge prob is hard drive management and having to delete things I've installed and then waste time again redownloading it. I don't mind the 1st time.

I want to get this soon. And I don't have a problem with installing. My huge prob is hard drive management and having to delete things I've installed and then waste time again redownloading it. I don't mind the 1st time.

Same, although to be honest, iv been doing that for some time now. I did the exact same thing with the 360. I would download every game to the HDD and then delete it if i was no longer playing it. Typically, once i deleted a game off my HDD, i rarely if ever went back to it. There were a few exceptions, the Mass Effect series for example(due to their sheer size) i deleted and re downloaded multiple times.

I went through a 250 gig HDD pretty damn quick with my 360, now seeing as how these installs are so much larger, it'll be no time before i fill this HDD up.

This is really the primary reason i won't be going digital any time soon, at least not for my One. I really don't like the idea of deleting something i have downloaded off Live. Im afraid there will be another Activision/Marvel situation where i delete something and then can no longer get it back.

Tempted to get this if I can get it for 40.

Amazon has some used copies going for like 35. I think its well worth it at that price. I thoroughly enjoyed the title. Hope Crytek gets to make more games in this series. I really think they're on to something.

Is the combat as boring and bland as everyone says? I know people that really like the game but they said they just get extremely bored with the combat.

Is the combat as boring and bland as everyone says? I know people that really like the game but they said they just get extremely bored with the combat.

Eh I think it'll come down to preference and how much you dig the setting and brutal look to the combat. I personally really like it just because iv been wanting a more 'authentic' roman legionary game. The combat is really simple though and you never really have to change it up as all the enemies pretty much have the same attack patterns. It looks really cool tho and there's a pretty large number of the executions. But when people say the combat isn't very deep, they aren't exaggerating.

This type of combat its in between AC and Batman. Not as shallow as AC but not as deep as Batman which wasn't deep at all. I'm level 100 on the mp and I still haven't grown tired of it. I love it

This type of combat its in between AC and Batman. Not as shallow as AC but not as deep as Batman which wasn't deep at all. I'm level 100 on the mp and I still haven't grown tired of it. I love it

Assassins Creed's combat is deff deeper than whats found in Ryse. It may feel deeper because of the multiple executions, but with AC at least when you counter you have the option of branching that out into various sword, pistol and equipment kills. The fact you can use different weapons in AC also adds on a layer that Ryse doesnt have. I think the Batman comparison is best. Take away all of Batmans gadgets and thats pretty much how the combat in Ryse goes.

For me, what keeps Ryse from becoming too monotonous are the many executions, both environmental and standard and just that the combat works so damn well. Its just fun to chop these people up, but i also really, really dig the setting. I can completely understand why some would put the game down after so many hours tho.

This is really the primary reason i won't be going digital any time soon, at least not for my One. I really don't like the idea of deleting something i have downloaded off Live. Im afraid there will be another Activision/Marvel situation where i delete something and then can no longer get it back.
There have been a lot of cases of this now. I need to download everything I've ever downloaded onto separate Xbox hard drives to make sure I'll always have them. Never get this problem with hard copies.

After playing a few hours of this game... I really quite like it. I can see where the DMC/GOW combo group would get bored quickly but it honestly doesn't bother me. I can't imagine Roman's knowing TOO many flash in the pan moves or anything.

I enjoy it. I do wish randoms would stop quitting the Gladiator modes before what would seem to be a boss fight though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"