Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S.H.I.E.L.D. has no shortage of enemies - The villains thread

Taskmaster would easily be one of the most fun characters, because in every encounter he could fight completely different. And every time they encounter him, he'd become more and more dangerous, because he keeps learning new techniques. I think it'd be awesome if we hear that someone broke into the SHIELD archives, and stole all of the WW2 footage of Cap. And during the next action sequence, you suddenly see a shield ricochet all over the place.

Last edited:
I would love to see Justin Hammer return, if Rockwell is interested as others have said get him the hell involved asap.

Also, I like the idea someone else mentioned about using Monsters like Man-Thing in some episodes, I think that would be great and a good way of introducing into the MCU. Wendigo would be another one that could work on the show.

Stuck in the Canadian Wilderness with a cannibalistic monster hunting them. That would be an epic episode.

Stuck in the Canadian Wilderness with a cannibalistic monster hunting them. That would be an epic episode.

Exactly, it would be something different for the show, would give us a new villain for SHIELD, and would show us how good this team are, especially surviving against a monster that would eat them in a second.

It's really neat that we have seen the apparent origin of Graviton already. Other Marvel villains that I would enjoy seeing in this show would be:

Count Nefaria
Madame Masque
The Mad Thinker
The Wizard

These villains would be great and would fit in well with this type of show.

I would love to see Justin Hammer return, if Rockwell is interested as others have said get him the hell involved asap.

Also, I like the idea someone else mentioned about using Monsters like Man-Thing in some episodes, I think that would be great and a good way of introducing into the MCU. Wendigo would be another one that could work on the show.

This needs to happen. Seriously. One: I love Rockwell. Two: I thought Justin Hammer was great.

It NEEDS to happen. :)

Yeah, played by saffron burrows! That's pretty cool. I thought Victoria was Asian though? Bit of a missed opportunity for more mu diversity but oh well

Who is Victoria Hand again? Any relation to Wandering Hans (Zimmerman)?

Didn't Saffron Burrows play in Law & Order Criminal Intent for a season?

Yeah, played by saffron burrows! That's pretty cool. I thought Victoria was Asian though? Bit of a missed opportunity for more mu diversity but oh well
Having jet black hair doesn't make you Asian. Also, this show already has two Asian leads and recently had a prominent Asian guest, so while it might be a missed opportunity, it's not a big deal to me.

I didn't say having black hair makes you asian. That's a bit of an assumption. I just always assumed the character was drawn to be asian

I posted this in the RATINGS thread, in response to the charge that this show doesn't have any recurring villains, and follows a "Villain of the Week" format. But it really deserves to be in this thread.

There are actually numerous recurring villains, they just haven't... recurred much yet. In fact, they probably have too many (though some of these will probably tie together, once we learn more).

Rising Tide - Mentioned numerous times. Opposes SHIELD's secrecy of information, but doesn't seem to have much in the way of sharp teeth. It's more of a loose-knit philosophy of open-information.

Van Chat - Thorn in SHIELD's side, trying to acquire alien technology. Also was a target for Aquila Amador's initial raid. Possibly tied to another group below.

Anonymous micro-cybernetics group - Captured and used Aquila and the Englishman as pawns to acquire the Skrull (Chitauri?) writing/formula/circuits. I'm sure we've not seen the last of them. May be related to Van Chat and/or...

HYDRA - Now known to have survived WWII (at least in S. America), but hasn't surfaced by name yet. I've got a feeling we'll see them again.

AIM splinter group Project Centipede - Trying to stabilize Extremis to create a "toy army". Has popped up twice now, and is entering into Phase 2. Has a clairvoyant, and seems poised to become our team's recurring nemesis.

Graviton - Yeah, he's totes coming back.

S.H.I.E.L.D. - Agents Blake, Hand, and Sitwell. Internal conflict! Power struggles! Classified Death & Recovery records! Tasing superior officers! Setup for CA:TWS. And this is just getting started.

That's 7 recurring antogonistic organizations/individuals in 7 episodes, most of which have appeared or been mentioned in at least two episodes. That's a lot of villains. There were even three of these that popped up in the pilot episode (Van Chat, Rising Tide, and AIM Splinter) -- in retrospect, that might have been part of the weakness of the pilot -- it wasn't even clear to me at the time these were separate groups, and it led to some confusion.

I think it's high time that they start tying some of these threads together; the mystery might be hurting this show more than helping it. No wonder it feels like a bunch of weekly one-shot villains -- it's too cluttered and mysterious.

Last edited:
For those keeping score, here's the structure of the various organizations/individuals introduced so far:

SHIELD (many members & locations)

The Clairvoyant
..Project Centipede
....Reina
....Po (deceased)
...."The Doctor" (deceased)
......Extremis Army
......Mike Peterson (trained by SHIELD, kidnapped)
......Akela Amador (liberated by SHIELD)
..Ian Quinn
....Graviton (in SHIELD custody)
....Blizzard (in SHIELD custody)

Occasional Centipede collaborators:
..Vanchat (in SHIELD custody)
..Rising Tide

Also mentioned, assumed defeated in-universe:
..AIM
..HYDRA

Keeping in mind characters Marvel may be holding onto for potential movies, there are several villains I'd love to see in the show.

The one I'm probably most interested in seeing show up is Zodiac. They would make a fantastic anti-Shield organization.

I would also love to have them introduce Taskmaster, as he would be an awesome and super skilled character to challenge the team.

I really want to see Taskmaster, but I'm slowly developing doubts that they can pull him off well. The one thing they need to get right is his combat expertise. But so far, none of the action on the show has really wowed me.

On a show like Arrow, there's no doubt that a character like Taskmaster would give everyone a fangasm. On Agents of Shield, I'm not entirely sure anymore that they could do him justice.

For those keeping score, here's the structure of the various organizations/individuals introduced so far:

SHIELD (many members & locations)

The Clairvoyant
..Project Centipede
....Reina
....Po (deceased)
...."a female Doctor" (deceased)
......Extremis Army
......Mike Peterson (trained by SHIELD, kidnapped)
......Akela Amador (liberated by SHIELD)
..Ian Quinn
....Graviton (in SHIELD custody)
....Blizzard (in SHIELD custody)

Occasional Centipede collaborators:
..Vanchat (in SHIELD custody)
..Rising Tide

Also mentioned, assumed defeated in-universe:
..AIM
..HYDRA

A slight correction for obvious reasons!:woot:

Madame Masque would be cool but I'd be a little sad about not having either Hawkeye around...

I think it would be cool if the Clairvoyant turned out to be someone like Amora.

I really want to see Taskmaster, but I'm slowly developing doubts that they can pull him off well. The one thing they need to get right is his combat expertise. But so far, none of the action on the show has really wowed me.

On a show like Arrow, there's no doubt that a character like Taskmaster would give everyone a fangasm. On Agents of Shield, I'm not entirely sure anymore that they could do him justice.
I wouldn't be so quick to doubt them. It's not like we've seen any of the comic characters in action yet. They've only just been set up. I'd wait to see how they handle Deathlok first.

I"m waiting for them to finally reveal that HYDRA still exists and we can finally get some of those HYDRA vs. SHIELD dust ups that end up with an ongoing covert war between the two organisations, complete with fringe science, super technology and super assassins/villains stalking the team. Man I would love to see an episode with Coulson and his team infiltrating a HYDRA base that leads to an all out SHIELD assault against HYDRA agents.

I wouldn't be so quick to doubt them. It's not like we've seen any of the comic characters in action yet. They've only just been set up. I'd wait to see how they handle Deathlok first.

I don't expect Deathlok to be a super martial artist though. May is supposed to be the best of the best. Ward supposedly has Black Widow specs. But none of the hand to hand combat made me go "Woah! That's awesome!".

When they get to Taskmaster, hopefully they will have hired a new stunt coordinator at that point.

I want to see Taskmaster show up on Agents of SHIELD, and he should be played by Ray Park.

Here are my ideas:
taskmaster_for_agents_of_shield_by_needham_comics-d7c0l55.jpg

I think Taskmaster would be a perfect villain for Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. He wouldn't require a great deal of special effects, and his "costume" is more utilitarian than say Captain America's. So it wouldn't be too out there. I am working on some concepts for him, like variations on his skull mask, but this is my main idea. He wears SHIELD type gear, like Hawkeye's bow, or Blackwidow's gun holsters. He uses a shield like Captain America's only its not painted. He wears a shirt with a hood, sometimes long sleeved and sometimes short. He doesn't have any fancy symbols or customized gear. He has two blades, one a Katana. He also has bows and arrows and a quiver like Hawkeye had in the film. His bow is collapsible so he can store it in his quiver. The design is based on his few pages appearance in Age of Ultron.
RayPark_1244159215.jpg

My favorite idea in the design I haven't even drawn yet. I think the actor who played Darth Maul and Snakeyes, Ray Park, should play him in the TV show. Taskmaster wouldn't have to talk much anyway, but would require a ton of fighting and an actor who could do that. Plus Ray Park has been in a few things showing he can act. And isn't afraid to hide his face either. The variations on the masks would keep him looking interesting and reveal parts of Ray Park's face too. But i will have to post those later so you can see them. Plus, once the Taskmaster character is popular enough Ray Park could be used in the Avengers movies because he is a movie actor too.

In the show I can see him being this ghost, SHIELD doesn't even have any photo of his real face or finger prints, because he has never been caught. He has an eidetic memory allowing him to learn and retain things he learns simplay by watching. However this also effects his memory so he eventually forgets other things, for example who he is or his life past a few months ago. Just like in the comics. His mind could work similar to Captain America's where it absorbs knowledge or any kind, not just fighting, but anything he learns like battle strategy.
I see him being a character who was off the grid for a long time and suddenly reemerges. It turns out he was teaching mercenaries how to fight in his secret school. He works for whoever pays, no alliances to any terrorist groups, but would work for them if they paid. He comes out of retirement and the Agents of SHIELD have to figure out why and stop him/catch him.
During his fight scenes he could copy Agent Ward's fighting style, and Agent May's, and Agent Coulson's, and even reference the Avengers movies by using Cap's fighting style, or Thor's, or even the Winter Soldier's and Black Widow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"