S-VHS - The V/H/S Sequel

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
tJGdy.jpg

AABhZ.jpg

Trailer #1
[YT]cAYX3P4lZSE[/YT]

The upcoming sequel, 'S-VHS' looks to be an augmentation of what we got the first time around. Bringing together the likes of Jason Eisner ('Hobo with a Shotgun'), Gareth Evans ('The Raid: Redemption'), and Eduardo Sanchez ('The Blair Witch Project'), 'S-VHS' has just seen the release of its first trailer. It's incredibly intense and hints at everything from zombies to alien abduction. Take a look at the trailer below and let us know what you think.

Searching for a missing student, two private investigators break into his abandoned house and find another collection of mysterious VHS tapes. In viewing the horrific contents of each cassette, they realize there may be terrifying motives behind the student’s disappearance.

'S-VHS' premieres this week at Sundance with a wide release soon to follow

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised they finished filming and got a trailer so quick, it wasn't that long since the announcement.

Liked the first one and am excited about this one... so... the third one is gonna get called "Betamax" then? :p

Hope this is good, I was really excited for the first one but it turned out to be crap for the exception of the last segment.

I was gonna ask you guys,, I put on VHS the other night from netflix... I turned the movie off after about 5 minutes.. I could tell it was just going to be very cold.. I keep on hearing about this film.. Is it worth it to watch?

It looks even better than the first one.

I was gonna ask you guys,, I put on VHS the other night from netflix... I turned the movie off after about 5 minutes.. I could tell it was just going to be very cold.. I keep on hearing about this film.. Is it worth it to watch?

It's definitely worth a watch.

I'm going to take the good reactions with a grain of salt, seeing as the first VHS had a very similar reaction last year.

VHS is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

I MIGHT watch the sequel on netflix, but seriously, I just finished watching VHS, and it was god awful. Worse than Haywire and John Carter, even.

I MIGHT watch the sequel on netflix, but seriously, I just finished watching VHS, and it was god awful. Worse than Haywire and John Carter, even.

I was not a fan of either of these, but they hardly represent some extreme low end, even just for films from last year.

This can't be real. It just can't.

The first was wildly uneven like most(all?) anthology films, the wraparound in particular was really weak and it pissed me off that one of the most talked about/praised moments of the film (the "oh snap!" camera reveal in Ti West's) was just stolen/identical to a bit from Lost Highway. The first and last segments were pretty awesome though, and the voyeuristic behavior that permeated the entire film that a lot of people found trashy and disgusting was very realistic and accurate. I don't know what all of these naysayers use their phones, cameras and computers for but pretty much everyone I know has naked pictures and sex tapes stashed around on every piece of technology they own.

V/H/S/2 Release Date Locked

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/172805-vhs2-release-date-locked-new-image

Magnet Releasing will release the horror anthology sequel V/H/S/2 on VOD June 6th and in theaters on July 12th. The film, a follow-up to the successful V/H/S, is playing in front of SXSW audiences soon.

Simon Barrett, Adam Wingard, Edúardo Sanchez, Gregg Hale, Timo Tjahjanto, Gareth Evans and Jason Eisener are part of the directing crop this time around.

Searching for a missing student, two private investigators break into his abandoned house and find another collection of mysterious VHS tapes. In viewing the horrific contents of each cassette, they realize there may be terrifying motives behind the student’s disappearance. Head inside for two new images!

V5piGVr.jpg

"VHS 2 has maybe one of the best horror shorts I've ever seen." @scottEweinberg

I agree. It is an awful, awful movie. I caught it on netflix and it is one of the most stupid movies I have ever seen. I thoroughly regretted watching 5 minutes of it let alone 90 minutes or however long it was. I started fast forwarding through most of it.

Is V/H/S a darker Creepshow? Different horror stories in one film?

Yep, it's a "horror anthology."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"