Saint Seiya live action movie

It looks...weird?

Like the video quality of the trailer itself looks bad. Something looks off about all the armor.

I think the issue you are always going to have with a lot of anime is that a lot of it doesn't translate well visually into live-action. It's kind of why I don't have faith they can pull off One Piece in live-action. They couldn't pull off Cowboy Bebop and that show was set in a far more grounded, realistic world than One Piece.

Reason #12943400 why Hollywood needs to stop doing live action anime adaptations.

That trailer looks like a bad DCEU movie.

Truthfully this trailer looks more like Dragon Ball Evolution to me than DCEU.

Civ 6 has me really weirded out by Sean Bean being the narrator.

The color really reminds me of DC movies...haha.

Saint Seiya should be more bright and full of fantasy wonders in its visual, just like the anime.

And it is weird seeing Seiya going alone without the 4 other Knights.

Better trailer, doesn't fix the Snyder coloring, though.

Literally my first thought when seeing the initial footage for this was “Tokusatsu by way of Zack Snyder, but actually fun and without the needless high school-level philosophical ponderings and pretensions”. :funny:

That aside, looks like it could be somewhat entertaining. It’s actually interesting and fascinating seeing something Super Sentai-esque done on a Hollywood budget.

Looks like boiled low-budget B-movie trash. White-washed characters. Awful, generic dialogue. The armor looks goofy as hell.

Terrible CGI. Sean Bean phoning it in. It looks like Dragon Ball Evolution 2.0.

Also, where are all the other Knights of the Zodiac?

Finally on Netflix. Yeah, this is bad. The middle really needed to be a fun training montage.

Trash movie that I enjoyed. Dacastos certainly can be fun in trash.

At least we can say Phoenix Ikki is stronger than Jean Grey XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"