Saints Row demo is up on XBL.

The game looks good, there is no denying that, but i got this wierd sense that i have played this game before......weird huh?

Gammy79 said:
This saves you from playing a larger version of a crap game.

But you haven't even played it? :confused:

Dude, don't be the guy that just goes along with what other people think.... I have too much love and respect for you to see you go down that route :(

and whats with ignoring my posts lately? :(

Horrorfan said:
But you haven't even played it? :confused:

Dude, don't be the guy that just goes along with what other people think.... I have too much love and respect for you to see you go down that route :(

and whats with ignoring my posts lately? :(

When have I ignored you??

And no, I'm not just going along.
It's just that I don't need to play this game to know that...

a) It's just a GTA clone with emphasis on gangs and "respect, yo!" and all that crap.

b) It's super ultra hyper Gangsta....and check out this thread I made....

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193250

You'll see that this is something I feel strongly about, not like a whole bandwagon thing.

:up:
Gammy79 said:
When have I ignored you??

And no, I'm not just going along.
It's just that I don't need to play this game to know that...

a) It's just a GTA clone with emphasis on gangs and "respect, yo!" and all that crap.

b) It's super ultra hyper Gangsta....and check out this thread I made....

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193250

You'll see that this is something I feel strongly about, not like a whole bandwagon thing, trust me buddy.

I will never ignore your posts, we're like brothers who like things that are way too different sometimes, but still, you know I love you buddy.

Sorry gams, I thought you were ingnoring me because you didnt go to the scrubs thread and you didnt mention anything about the dead rising info I posted (most of the info I get is specially for you since you love zombies almost as much as me).:up:

But yeah I understand much more now. I agree with you to a certain extent.....the reason I am interested in it is because I just love free roamers, even if I am not too fond of the whole gang/bling bling culture in general, and I am interested in the customising options and insurance fraude mode as well as online....I thinkt hey could really add to the genre in some respects. But I understand what you mean better now :up:

Horrorfan said:
:up:

Sorry gams, I thought you were ingnoring me because you didnt go to the scrubs thread and you didnt mention anything about the dead rising info I posted (most of the info I get is specially for you since you love zombies almost as much as me).:up:

But yeah I understand much more now. I agree with you to a certain extent.....the reason I am interested in it is because I just love free roamers, even if I am not too fond of the whole gang/bling bling culture in general, and I am interested in the customising options and insurance fraude mode as well as online....I thinkt hey could really add to the genre in some respects. But I understand what you mean better now :up:

There we go....all better now.
Now Crackdown....maybe, MAYBE if they fix the physics (they won't), I'll give it a whirl, cause I guess it'll have some transformer-like action, but I'm not holding my breath.

Holy crap,
Kim is pregnant.

Is it JD's, I wonder? What happened during those 2 weeks and a half? Did she see someone else? I hope not.

I really hope they end up together.

Who's Kim? :(

We only have season 3 so far here.....I really liked JD and Danni, because it had him and Cox interact in a ''friendlier'' way, sort of.

Holy crap how much did what JD do to elliot and shaun suck?

Perry Cox is pure genius.

Horrorfan said:
Who's Kim? :(

We only have season 3 so far here.....I really liked JD and Danni, because it had him and Cox interact in a ''friendlier'' way, sort of.

Holy crap how much did what JD do to elliot and shaun suck?

Perry Cox is pure genius.

Ohhh....I don't wanna spoil it for you, but let's just say this hottie enters JD's life...

cceleb_elizbanks.jpg

It's about friggin time people started recognizing this game for what it is. I could never understand what all the raves and hyped up anticipation over this game was all about. The graphics don't impress me. What's ground breaking about it? So it has improved physics....that should be a given with next gen. I'm not one of those who thinks that just because something is free roam, that it is a GTA clone. You'll never catch me saying idiotic stuff like "Spiderman 2 is GTA-Spidey." I personally think that sandbox games should be the standard...it's about the world/characters that can be built within. This one really is a GTA clone.

Jericho said:
It's about friggin time people started recognizing this game for what it is. I could never understand what all the raves and hyped up anticipation over this game was all about. The graphics don't impress me. What's ground breaking about it? So it has improved physics....that should be a given with next gen. I'm not one of those who thinks that just because something is free roam, that it is a GTA clone. You'll never catch me saying idiotic stuff like "Spiderman 2 is GTA-Spidey." I personally think that sandbox games should be the standard...it's about the world/characters that can be built within. This one really is a GTA clone.

The things I am interested in in this particular game are:

massive customisation for cars and character

the insurance fraud mini game where you throw yourself into traffic and stuff to claim for insurance

I just am tired of the whole gang culture thing. I like free roamers so I'll give it a shot, but the whole urban thing has outstayed it's welcome.

I don't really understand why people think they are avoiding being compared to GTA though....in previews and interviews in the uk x box 360 mag, the developers seemed pretty open that they were more or less a clone of GTA. It would be guitared of them to try and convince us otherwise (though if you can get people to buy a ps3, you can convince them to do anything I suppose)

Basically, for me its a stop gap till the next spiderman and GTA games.

"Press UP to recruit the hos"

Jesus Christ :rolleyes: :down
The Gametrailer preview was more than enough to make me hate the game even more :down

Gammy79 said:
"Press UP to recruit the hos"

Jesus Christ :rolleyes: :down
The Gametrailer preview was more than enough to make me hate the game even more :down

I otta quote that.

Shouldn't it be ''press down to recruit hoes?'' :D

But I played the demo with the official x360 magazine. Not bad at all....I mean like I say the whole gang thing is kinda played out and whatnot, but it plays pretty decently (even if the triggers being used for attacks feels slightly odd at first), rag doll physics are pretty neat ( I popped a cap in an old man's ash and his walking cane made a satifying and funny ''dink''' as it hit the sidewalk) and it looks pretty good.

I think I will pick it up. It's more or less GTA in all but name (even if it does miss the wicked satire and pure scope of san andreas).

The gangster speak makes me feel stupid, but hitting people and watching them fly in their glorious ragdoll selves is priceless. Same as hitting a car hard enough and having the driver or you fly out of the windshield. Once I was in the back of some pick-up shooting cars with the shotgun, the driver crashed into a dumpster and went flying, it was awesome.

Master Chief said:
The gangster speak makes me feel stupid, but hitting people and watching them fly in their glorious ragdoll selves is priceless. Same as hitting a car hard enough and having the driver or you fly out of the windshield. Once I was in the back of some pick-up shooting cars with the shotgun, the driver crashed into a dumpster and went flying, it was awesome.

Yeah, the ragdoll physics make it worth it. I was driving on the sidewalk throwing hurling people into a lake, it was awesome. :eek::up:

I'll be holding my money for Crackdown then:o

I liked holding up the alcohol store, then shortly after getting a bong and icking up some hoes :o

I hate to admit, but this game was kinda fun.:o

Yeah Crackdown will be the best game.

This game is like an exact copy of GTA, only better visuals and more options.

I miiiiiiiight get it. Maybe. I dunno. No. Maybe. I dunno.:)

The rag doll is awesome. What really was a pleasant surprise though was a smaller thing...when you're chasing someone, sometimes they turn to see how close you are, stumble and fall before scrambling to their feet, and another time I tried to run some chick over and she jumped up and overr a fence to escape.

It definitly seems to add some interesting elements to the genre....not much groundbreaking, but its cool to see demolition derbys, insurance fraud and rag doll physics which is very satisfying.

BTW can you even hijack stores in the demo?

Im getting this AND Crackdown, god willing. :up:

It's probably been posted but:

CHWAAAH :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"