Saints Row Reboot

I wait anxiously to see which direction they will lean, mirth or mercy-killings. *ahem*

( the correct answer is "Mirth", Saints Row was best when it stopped even pretending to be a GTA clone ;) )

I'm curious. I kind of prefer the silliness of Saints Row to GTA. Only played the third one but it was pretty fun.

I haven’t played a Saints Row game since the first game and liked it back then but not enough to play the sequel’s.

I have to admit though after watching the trailer I’ll most likely pick this new one up. Looks really fun and I can’t wait for the gameplay reveal.

Also coming out in February 2022 which is my birthday month so kinda nice lol.

A lot of people on Volition's upload of the trailer whining about how this looks and it's getting disliked to hell. Thoughts? I'm neutral party here.

For some reason the last two games didn't appeal to me so I haven't tried them. I played so many GTAish games like Watch Dogs, Just Cause and Sleeping Dogs, but not this. There's something about the character models that I don't like. And I got the same vibe from this new trailer. It looks a bit Fortnite to me. I'm also surprised that its out in less than 7 months. If the gameplay looks better then I might consider buying it when its discounted.

For some reason the last two games didn't appeal to me so I haven't tried them. I played so many GTAish games like Watch Dogs, Just Cause and Sleeping Dogs, but not this. There's something about the character models that I don't like. And I got the same vibe from this new trailer. It looks a bit Fortnite to me. I'm also surprised that its out in less than 7 months. If the gameplay looks better then I might consider buying it when its discounted.
Yeah, Saints Row, up until now, has always had a purple color scheme and a wacky sense of humor since at least Saints Row The Third. It kinda became somewhat iconic and now Volition threw that in the garbage. And that kills me since I LOVED Saints Row IV; that game's soundtrack put GTA V's in its place! This reboot, though? This looks shockingly generic. Agents of Mayhem sucked, but it was at least trying. WTF happened here?

As long as the missions are varied and creative and the characters are interesting (the only thing good about Agents, btw) Im on board. I will reserve judgement untill I see more.

I'm always on board with delays if it means a better game, but this one is so soon after they even announced it existed, it seems so odd to me that they didn't just set that date to begin with. Seems unlikely to me that whatever pressure points led to the delay, they weren't obvious 3 months ago too. Hope the devs aren't dealing with too much publisher pressure on this one.

Game awards trailer. Looks as crazy as ever!

I’ve watched more videos of this game to the point that I like what I saw and I preordered the game yesterday. It seems like a dope game that’ll quench that GTA 6 thirst and I’m looking forward to playing it. Preordered the Notorious GameStop Steelbook edition that comes with an expansion pass and other goodies. So yeah can’t wait.

Those definitely aren’t good but I’m still gonna have a good time. Plus something to keep me busy till Gotham Knights.

The graphiX looks good though,so it would be fun just to roam around and see the environment.

Yeah a fun game too waste time in.

About an hour into the game and I’m liking it so far.

Very janky controls for me. I think I might stop playing for now and wait till I can co-op, as i imagine that's probably the most fun version of the game.

Also, it... doesn't look great haha It feels weirdly dated graphically haha

Very janky controls for me. I think I might stop playing for now and wait till I can co-op, as i imagine that's probably the most fun version of the game.

Also, it... doesn't look great haha It feels weirdly dated graphically haha
I agree. I mean I still like it but it does kinda feel like this game came out a decade ago lol.

Yeah, like I'm not just hating haha. I've played and enjoyed most Saints games. But the tech behind this one feels ancient haha

$80+ Saints Row reboot or $65 Saints Row reboot? Do they have the same ending where the Saints Boss kills the bad guy or is your saints boss just dead, if you don't buy the expansion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"