Salute your CO: The official "Dennis Quaid is Hawk" thread

Bug-Eyed Earl

Civilian
Reaction score
This is the first of a few threads following traditions in other SHH forums- one thread for each main actor/character.

So let's start things off with one of the more popular casting choices.

Quaid is gonna be perfect as Hawk. My second favourite casting choice after Ray Park.

I was shocked at the casting of Quaid. It almost softened the blow of Tanning Chatum (or whatever his name is) as Duke.

Quaid being cast as Hawk was really the announcement that got me interested in this movie. That indicated to me that at least someone in the casting department knows what they're doing.

Quaid's a great choice, probably the best cast in the film thus far, IMHO.
He was my #2 choice behind Alec Baldwin (as bad of a movie as Pearl Harbor was, Baldwin's performance as Jimmy Doolittle convinced me he'd be an awesome Hawk in a Joe film).

AMAZING casting choice, hands down one of the best.

Dennis Quaid has always been one of my favorite actors. I've heard someone say that he is the poor man's Harrison Ford, and I have to disagree. He is a great actor, who seems to be getting better with age. Hopefully, they will let him kick some ash in this movie.

Reading the script review on LR, I like that quote Hawk has:
"Whenever a new breed of evil emerges, a new breed of soldier must fight it."

I hope they let him say that and not just have it be a title card. That's a good line.

quaid_charity_weekend_34_wenn1371228.jpg

He'll make a great General Hawk.

I'm wondering what Tatum looks like as Duke. I loathe the choice, but maybe if I see him with blonde hair, kaki shirt with green bandellero, sleeves rolled up to forearms...maybe I'll settle down.

I thought Hawk was only a Brigadier General and not a 4 Star. Even still, I like Quaid as Hawk. I can't wait to see more pics from this.

"He was just poured into that uniform!"

I'm surprised they are already filming. I thought they would put the cast through a 6-8 military style training program, to help them get more in character. Anyone know if they are doing anything like that?

Yeah, they started filming pretty fast. Can't wait for the pics to start pouring in. ... Good or bad. :csad:

DQ looks great. :up:

The pics could change the whole outlook for this movie.

Not to burst any bubbles, but are we sure this image of Dennis is from G.I. Joe or is it from Vantage Point? I could have sworn in one of the trailers, they showed Dennis in this uniform...hope I'm wrong. If this is G.I. Joe then WOW!!! Looking good!!

Not to burst any bubbles, but are we sure this image of Dennis is from G.I. Joe or is it from Vantage Point? I could have sworn in one of the trailers, they showed Dennis in this uniform...hope I'm wrong. If this is G.I. Joe then WOW!!! Looking good!!
Well, Hawk's last name is Abernathy. Quaid's character in Vantage Point had the last name of Barnes. Now, I can't really read what's on his name tag, but given the choices of Abernathy and Barnes, I'd go with Abernathy.

18702740.jpg

Dennis Quaid in Vantage Point. Yeah I say thats General Hawk in the first pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"