Sequels Sam Raimi confirms Spidey 4, 5 and 6!

The only potential and possible story-line that I see for the upcoming movie, is with the Lizard, introducing Kraven, and Spidey trying to not kill both, while Kraven hunts Connors. Maybe in this one, Peter could be ill for any reason (the Morbius arc in SpiderMan TAS?), and Kraven is the only one who has the anti-dote (?????)
Apart from that, I really can't imagine any of the others villains. The good thing though, is that Spider-Man has SO many villains, unlike Batman, or Superman (who apparently for filmmakers, the only one they don't get enough of is that stupid Lex Luthor. Just kill the damn bold!).

D!

Tobey says he won't do S-M4 without Raimi. This from IESB.net, about an hour ago:

"Sam stated earlier in the day that he knows Sony has every intention of moving forward and making Spider-Man 4, 5 and 6. He is willing to do it if there is an excellent story attached. However, he is also willing to step down as a director and have a younger director do it if he doesn't feel any real emotion with the new story.

"We followed up with Spidey himself, Tobey Maguire, and he said that if Sam Raimi didn't come back to direct, then he wouldn't be coming back either. Of course, it would also have to involve a great story as well, but, no Sam Raimi, no Spider-Man 4 for Tobey."

So go ahead and start writing those letters to Raimi, folks. Apparently $20 mil isn't enough without the big guy at the helm.

Not really new news, Sony brought it up awhile ago, but still great to hear

Here are the exact words of Raimi:
Sam Raimi on SpiderMan 4,5,6
Movie Spider Man 3 Posted By: Michael / Source
Related News : Action Movie News , Movie Interviews , Comic Flicks ,

We caught up with Sam Raimi today and got to ask him all kinds of great questions about Spiderman 4 5, and 6 and the musical. He spilled the beans that yes there are 3 more spidey flicks coming. First off about the musical he made it clear he has no involvement.
I’m not involved in the Spiderman musical. Sounds exciting would love to go and see it.
Then we asked him about the upcoming Spiderman 4, 5 and 6 and whether there was any truth to it.

"Yes Sony is making 4 5 and 6 but I have not had time to think about involvement. I don’t want to assume they were going to ask me to do it. Right now I am not involved, and have not decided. If there was a great story to tell and I felt I had a really great take on the character, and where he could grow to, then it would be great. But I would have to have a passion to do it, so many people love Stan Lee’s character, if I could not do it fantastically I would be better to step aside for a director who would have the passion to do it.
I would definitely need a break before going into doing any new Spider Man movies. I would have a very hard time saying good bye to Spidey."

Of course we then had to ask if the characters were going in a different direction could he see a new person stepping into the Spidey suit.

"I don’t know if there should be a new Spiderman in the new series. I would have to make that choice based on the story and the characters. I couldn’t make that decision. It would be very hard to be involved without Tobey or Kirsten."

Look for our detailed interview with Sam Raimi on SpiderMan 3 coming in the near future. Below are some Spidey Clips to get you all excited.
http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_11795.html

Even though Tobey may do Spider-Man 4, he will definitely not be doing 5 or 6. Most actors don't want to portray the same character for more than 3 movies, and especially all in under 10 years. I know I wouldn't.

Harry potter anyone! :cmad::ninja:

wait, what? Star Trek 2 is the best! KHHHAAANNN!

Maybe I got it mixed up, I'm not the biggest Star Trek fan.

As for a new director and cast, based on what Raimi and Tobey are saying about only doing it if it's a great story, if they don't decide to do it, there'll be doubts right away if it goes ahead. Doesn't sound too great if the guy who's been at the helm of the franchise so far goes "I wouldn't have done that."

This still isn't ground-shattering. Of course Sony is going to make more movies...they'll continue to make movies until ticket sales take a hit. The real news will be when Sam or Tobey sign up.

PPL need to stop bringing HP and Rocky into this argument... Stallone built that franchise himself... can't say the same about Tobey... Radcliff is Harry Potter... but the real trick is it doesn't cost 15 million plus to sign him... so tell me then... who else stuck with a franchise of this type of magnitude for 6 films... nothing coming to mind eh? Cause there are none left... maybe SM won't even make it to 5/6... but will that stop Sony from milking it... ppl are in such a rush to get these guys signed.... but what happens after that... 5/6 would flop if they switch half way through... will be a waste of money... so maybe 4 will flop with a different cast... but let me say this... with a cheaper cast... a lesser story... expectations will already be lowered... it can still be a success based on a lower budget... you would still be looking at 250 domestic... not bad at all... and slowly you raise the stakes to where you can make a 250 million dollar flick for SM5/6 yet again rather than putting out cheap milk squeezing sequels with a sagging Tobey and a director who is washed up

I think it CAN do good. Theres still plenty of badguys and storylines to chose from.
I DO think they are jumping the shark though. They should wait and see if SM3 bombs(unlikely) or sells before announcing three new ones. Then they should do the same with 4, and so on and so on.
But its possible to do this well. With stories like the spiderslayers, kingpin, sinister six, maximum carnage, seperation anxiety, Man spider, clone saga(Scarlett Spiderman and Dopple Ganger), return of the Green goblin, ect it COULD have several sequels if done right.

That haven't even touched the surface of the stories they can do, if they can keep the same people attached to it, or the same credibility, why not

even if they loose mcguire people aren't going to see toby mcguire, they are going to see spiderman, joseph gordon levit, jake gyllenhaal would suffice the need just as easily

they can basically make these movies at like 500 million dollars a movie, and they wouldn't loose any money

I just don't want oversaturation with the movies. Have one of the best trilogies of all-time, and leave with your head held high. Spider-Man 4 is all but confirmed at this point. I just don't want to be oversaturated with Spider-Man. We also have so MANY other superheroes to have movies about. 3 more Spider-Man movies will take the places of some of those heroes that I am craving to see on the big screen. It just comes from my bias of loving trilogies, and thinking that it shouldn't go farther. 4 is pushing it, but is more plausible than having a 5 and 6.

...But like I said, I'll still see them, so bring them on. :)/:csad:

I love Spider-Man, but the fear of oversaturation is killing me. I don't really want to see a 5 or 6, either. Only a 4 is plausible to me, depending on how Spider-Man 3 may leave open.

PPL need to stop bringing HP and Rocky into this argument... Stallone built that franchise himself... can't say the same about Tobey... Radcliff is Harry Potter... but the real trick is it doesn't cost 15 million plus to sign him... so tell me then... who else stuck with a franchise of this type of magnitude for 6 films... nothing coming to mind eh? Cause there are none left... maybe SM won't even make it to 5/6... but will that stop Sony from milking it... ppl are in such a rush to get these guys signed.... but what happens after that... 5/6 would flop if they switch half way through... will be a waste of money... so maybe 4 will flop with a different cast... but let me say this... with a cheaper cast... a lesser story... expectations will already be lowered... it can still be a success based on a lower budget... you would still be looking at 250 domestic... not bad at all... and slowly you raise the stakes to where you can make a 250 million dollar flick for SM5/6 yet again rather than putting out cheap milk squeezing sequels with a sagging Tobey and a director who is washed up

I believe that this is also true.
Rocky should definitely not be compared to Spider-Man. Look at the movie budgets and the time period when it was made. Back then, you could have all those sequels no problem. It's different for that nowadays. For Potter, I can give an explanation, but that explanation may not be strong enough to withstand people asking me I think it.

I just feel that there is such a thing as "too much of a good thing." And, really ... I think that Sony has used up the best villains already.

If Sony somehow creates a great story that can spread out to the 6th movie, I will eat my own words. :woot:

Mi God!!! :eek:
What will my post count look like after 3 more movies? :csad: :o :cwink: :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"