Sequels Sam Raimi on Spider-Man 4

That's no problem, have someone threaten to kill his girl.

Don't be too sure about that.
Yeah......I suppose. He really didn't fool anybody with that act anyways. He's killing cops and he seems to be taking a hell of a lot more money than he needs for an operation. " I am not a bad person" my a$$.

People who want Sinister Six don't understand how movies work.

People who want Sinister Six don't understand how movies work.

I couldn't agree more with you, DACrowe. You tell them over and over, and they just don't listen. But I figure whats the point anymore.

I always thought the Sinister Six concept was useless. If it takes six villains to take down one man, it makes said six villains look inept. Plus, Spidey got his butt handed to him by only two of his foes in unison. He's screwed if he had to deal with six by himself.

Why you say that?
No one knows what characters the new writer likes and don't like. What characters he thinks will work best for him as the writer. He may not like The Lizard or Kraven. Or maybe he likes The Lizard and Electro. In other words, the two villains that can be picked from Spidey's rogue gallery are huge. He may not see what we see or want.

I couldn't agree more with you, DACrowe. You tell them over and over, and they just don't listen. But I figure whats the point anymore.
Well, I think there is a chacne the Sinister Six could work, but there is a better chance it won't. That's alot of Villians to put in one film. I'm not saying it couldn't work though.

You would need a much, much better director than Raimi, with an epic vision to pull off Sinister Six. It can be done, but not exactly like the comic books' motif.

I always thought the Sinister Six concept was useless. If it takes six villains to take down one man, it makes said six villains look inept. Plus, Spidey got his butt handed to him by only two of his foes in unison. He's screwed if he had to deal with six by himself.
I am glad to see someone else realise this as well. They nearly murdered him in SM3 with no problem and people think six villains joining forces is a brilliant idea.....NOT.

Yeah, sure. This is why the series is about to sink.

You would need a much, much better director than Raimi, with an epic vision to pull off Sinister Six. It can be done, but not exactly like the comic books' motif.

Yes, you are in agreement with what I said, they need Imagination, Creative Writing, and a profound Understanding of the villains Character and Alter-Ego. It can be done. :up:

J.K. Simmons spoke about his character in SM4. This been posted in here yet?
No, but here it is. :up:

J.K. Simmons Talks Spider-Man 4

Source: JUDAO.com.br
February 20, 2008

Sueprhero Hype! received the following note:

Hi There! This is Thiago Borbolla, from Brazilian JUDAO.com.br. Our international correspondent, Fábio M. Barreto, who runs the blog S.O.S Hollywood at our site, just spoke with J.K. SIMMONS about JUNO and asked about SPIDER-MAN 4... Here's what he said:

"There's talking and talking, on the character, on the possible movie. I've received several calls. But nothing firm on that. [...] I do expect to be on the fourth movie, though. I hope so. I'm really able to do it and will be great playing that character again."

I hope we hear what Raimi is going to do soon :spidey:

Spider-Man 3 was already two villains too many
three villains. three.
don't take Harry or Venom out of it.

and two villains is perfect.
Batman Begins is an example of that.

Begins doesn't have villains with origins that leads to getting their powers, different animal.

good point...but that's because they don't have powers.
but they were introduced.
Scarecrow was with Rachel in the beginning already and so was Ra's with Bruce. both playing the good guy until they showed their true faces. that counts.
even so, SM4 can handle 2 villains.

With the possible exception of Ra's, there was no substance to any of the villains in Begins. That's why movies like BB and X-Men can get away with multiple villains, while a movie like SM3--which tries to make its villains into actual characters--stumbles a bit.

take X-2 for instance.
it was perfectly handled
and SM3 could have been something more. but they wasted screentime with Peter and MJ whine

SM4 can handle two villains perfectly well. the secret is not waste time in cheesy and dumb scenes.

take X-2 for instance.
it was perfectly handled
and SM3 could have been something more. but they wasted screentime with Peter and MJ whine

SM4 can handle two villains perfectly well. the secret is not waste time in cheesy and dumb scenes.

But It did say in the first film the story was about a girl, so it didn't exactly surprise me that there was all that crap between MJ and Peter.

take X-2 for instance.
it was perfectly handled
Can't compare X-Men either, they're born with their powers. No need for origins.
Which means getting rid of Sam Raimi. He has a knack for filming useless and silly scenes. Let him serve as producer and get someone else to take the helm of SM4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"