Sam Raimi Presents Wizard's First Rule

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
Sam Raimi Developing Wizard's First Rule
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
January 29, 2008

"Spider-Man" franchise director Sam Raimi is teaming with Disney-ABC Domestic Television and ABC Studios on a new first-run, live-action weekly series targeted for a fall launch, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The series, titled "Wizard's First Rule," is based on Terry Goodkind's best-selling epic fantasy series "The Sword of Truth."

"Sword" follows the extraordinary transformation of woodsman Richard Cypher into a magical leader who joins with a mysterious woman to stop a bloodthirsty tyrant.

Raimi is executive producing the hourlong series with Robert Tapert (The Grudge), Joshua Donen (The Quick and the Dead) and "Xena: Warrior Princess" production executive Ned Nalle. Disney-ABC Domestic TV is distributing, and ABC Studios is producing.

Production on 22 episodes is slated to begin in May.

"Wizard's First Rule," Goodkind's first installment in the "Sword of Truth" series, was published in 1994, followed by 10 additional titles.

I read the first 3-4 books in that series and it was pretty good, still I lost interested in the series after those books.

Haven´t there been like 7-8 of those books by now? If they are going to cover them all with this TV series then the show will have to go on for quite a long time :yay:

I have read all the book in the series. I honestly do not see how they can afford to make this in an hour long show. I would love it and each book has enough in it for it run a season but who is going to pick up the price tag of what should be a very expensive show.

I honestly do not see how they can afford to make this in an hour long show. I would love it and each book has enough in it for it run a season but who is going to pick up the price tag of what should be a very expensive show.

Apparently Disney has the cash.

Sounds cool to me. I'll follow it.

What channel is it going to be on? If its on ABC, I give it 6 episodes before cancellation.

I just read that the first season will follow the first book which sounds about right. The story wil not follow exactly of course given the format but I look forward to seeing the finished product.

I wonder who they are going to choose to be the actors.

Haven´t there been like 7-8 of those books by now? If they are going to cover them all with this TV series then the show will have to go on for quite a long time.

Pretty much. 11 total, I believe. For those just curious, the titles of the books are:

Book 1: Wizard's First Rule
Book 2: Stone of Tears
Book 3: Blood of the Fold
Book 4: Soul of the Fire
Book 5: Temple of the Winds
Book 6: Faith of the Fallen
Book 7: Pillars of Creation
Book 8: Naked Empire
Book 9: Chainfire
Book 10: Phantom
Book 11: Confessor
(Prequel) Debt of Bones

"Soul of the Fire" nearly turned me off but "Temple of the Winds" brought me right back. Goodkind nearly lost me again with "Pillars of Creation" and "Chainfire" was a bit of a chore to read through. But I invested so much with the characters and I had to follow it through to the end. Overall, it has been a wonderful journey.

I wonder who they are going to choose to be the actors.

I read casting starts in May 2008 so hopefully it won't be long to find out who'll be playing the principal characters. I'm crossing my fingers that Kahlan, Richard and Zedd are cast correctly because I just don't know if I can commit to a show who's actors I can't tolerate. *crosses fingers*

Well it seems that tzhe main characters are cast but who is Craig Horner. Does he have the right look and by that I mean build. Richard is meant to look impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"