Sam Raimi's Spider-Man Trilogy vs Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy

Not all the way in, Alfred gave him full access

What are you talking about?

Alfred made sure Dick was in the third floor so he could go into the cave safely without having him finding out the secret. Then Grayson himself got down and into the cave.

I decided to vote both, but if I were forced to pick one, it’d be Nolan’s Dark Knight Trilogy.

the TDK trilogy is all around great and more iconic and influential than the SM trilogy. BB was a great intro to the characters and world, TDK was a fantastic continuation and expansion of BB, and TDKR was a fitting and somewhat satisfying end to the story. The action could’ve been a billion times better, but that’s not really what the trilogy was trying to excel at.

Oh, and it’s Batman.

I decided to vote both, but if I were forced to pick one, it’d be Nolan’s Dark Knight Trilogy.

the TDK trilogy is all around great and more iconic and influential than the SM trilogy. BB was a great intro to the characters and world, TDK was a fantastic continuation and expansion of BB, and TDKR was a fitting and somewhat satisfying end to the story. The action could’ve been a billion times better, but that’s not really what the trilogy was trying to excel at.

Oh, and it’s Batman.
I think there's a common misconception that action is fight scenes in specific. If we're talking about the choreography, then I surely agree, it could be much much better. Some of the gun shootings too. But there are also the car chases, explosions, intensity, pacing, editing, music, and the films excel in almost every other aspect that make action pieces great. So many great and memorable scenes and moments that look even more glorious in IMAX. Batman's training, his first appearance and tumbler chase in Batman Begins, the bank heist, Hong Kong sequence, truck chase, hospital explosion or batpod in motion in The Dark Knight, plane heist, sewer fight and pit climb scene in The Dark Knight Rises and so many others.

honestly i prefer every trilogy in the MCU over Raimi's because of how bad 3 is, so no doubt it doesn't stand a chance against Nolan's.

Even Iron Man? :o
Iron Man > Spider-Man 2 >> Spider-Man >> Iron Man 3 >> Iron Man 2 >> Spider-Man 3 imo
Iron Man and Spider-Man 2 are both great movies
Spider-Man and Iron Man 3 are both decent/alright movies
Iron Man 2 and Spider-Man 3 are both disappointments but at least the former has a lot more enjoyable scenes than the latter

Chronological comparison
Spider-Man < Batman Begins
Spider-Man 2
> The Dark Knight
Spider-Man 3
> The Dark Knight Rises (narrowly)

But most-comparable comparison
Spider-Man 2 > Batman Begins (narrowly)
Spider-Man 3 < The Dark Knight
Spider-Man
< The Dark Knight Rises

Raimi's trilogy gets some points for ending on stronger note but even that is only slightly, I do think Nolan's films are overall stronger.

Iron Man 2 and Spider-Man 3 are both disappointments but at least the former has a lot more enjoyable scenes than the latter
As someone who loves Iron Man 2 I say nothing in it stands up to this scene

NOTE: This post is not disagreeing with yours

Nolan, easily. Both have two great films and a lackluster third film. But I don’t actively HATE The Dark Knight Rises the way I do Spider-Man 3. TDKR is a well acted, good looking film with some bad writing decisions and a few too many characters. Spider-Man 3 is just embarrassing to the point where I feel bad for the actors while watching it.

Chronological comparison
Spider-Man < Batman Begins
Spider-Man 2
> The Dark Knight
Spider-Man 3
> The Dark Knight Rises (narrowly)

But most-comparable comparison
Spider-Man 2 > Batman Begins (narrowly)
Spider-Man 3 < The Dark Knight
Spider-Man
< The Dark Knight Rises

Raimi's trilogy gets some points for ending on stronger note but even that is only slightly, I do think Nolan's films are overall stronger.

I disagree with Raimi's trilogy ending on a "stronger note", That's something TDK trilogy holds over it easily.

Nolans TDK trilogy takes the cake for me. You've got a fantastic origin story in Batman Begins, which pulled Batman out of the darkness after Batman and Robin. Batman Begins fleshed everything out, took it's time and provided us with a fantastic introduction to Bruce Wayne, Batman, and his world. Memorable villains like Ras Al Ghul and Scarecrow played by some of the industries best.

Then you have The Dark Knight, which builds upon and expands Bales Batman while giving us an absolute rollercoaster of a film with post 9/11 themes of terrorism, and how far people can be pushed without losing their humanity. Obviously, the elephant in the room is Ledgers iconic portrayal of the Joker which has gone down as not just the greatest villain portrayal in comic book movies, but one of the greatest in cinema standing along side Darth Vader and the like. The Dark Knight redefined and transcended the comic book movie genre. It's accolades speak for themselves.

The Dark Knight rises ties everything set up in Batman Begins and has it come full circle. Bruce began his journey in Batman Begins falling down a well trapped with his greatest fear. He literally gets broken in TDKR and climbs out to save the city he helped protect and inspire. Along with Tom Hardys memorable iteration of Bane, we have a movie that is emotional, epic, and serves as a definitive ending to a fantastic trilogy. People like to pick this movie apart for things such as the action and such, but that sewer fight and the emotional drive behind it is so damn effective.

I LOVE the Raimi trilogy and particularly the first 2 films defined and introduced my love for those kinds of movies. both films are in my top 5 comic book movies ever, with Spider-Man 2 coming in at #2 behind The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight and Spider-Man 2 are the gold standard of the genre. Spider-Man 3 is a flawed movie, but i still enjoy it for what it is. I'll always hold that trilogy close to my heart, and it's still, far and away, the best live action adaption of the charatcer. I also think the first 2 Raimi films are better than every Marvel film since. Yeah I said it! but for me, the Nolan trilogy edges it out overall.

Random bump of thread from 2013

I disagree with Raimi's trilogy ending on a "stronger note", That's something TDK trilogy holds over it easily.

Bane beating Batman because Batman is apathetic, possibly with a death wish, Batman pretty much beat himself is a pretty bad way of depicting it happening.

Then you have The Dark Knight, which builds upon and expands Bales Batman while giving us an absolute rollercoaster of a film with post 9/11 themes of terrorism, and how far people can be pushed without losing their humanity.

Batman does get pretty pushed-aside which is not really bad, and is very understandable, but does get very slammed elsewhere.

Batman essentially beating himself is what happened in Knightfall.

I don't see how, he was wearied out because villains kept coming up because Bane freed them all at once, don't see how there's a lot of mistakes or failure from Batman.

I don't see how, he was wearied out because villains kept coming up because Bane freed them all at once, don't see how there's a lot of mistakes or failure from Batman.

He let himself get in that state before Bane even freed the villains. The stories leading up to the breakout/Knightfall saga he was feeling emotionally and physically worn. He was supposed to get therapy from Shondra Kinsolving but he kept skipping her appointments. He wouldn't turn to Nightwing or the others for help.

Bane freeing the villains was the pushing point that completely broken him down to the point where he stood no chance against Bane. Bane knew it.

Very hard to answer, to be honest.

Both have a strong opening film, a stone-cold classic 2nd and a some-what weary third.

For me, Begins is the best of the Bat-trilogy and the first is the best Spider-Man film (Spider-Man 2 be a genre best, be damned, yes it's fantastic but simply adore first Spider-Man's feel and sheer will to stick to the blue-print, webbing aside *ahem*).

Both 2nd films take what was good about the first and add more, but present more in such a composed and measured manner rather than most CBM sequels where 'everything' is chucked at the screen and see what works.

Spider-Man 3, I have far more fun with than most, it seems. Whilst not being what Sam had in mind and studio dictatorship ruined what 'could have been', what we have is still strong in my view and I like it a whole lot more overall than Rises, which bar certain elements is bloated and wasteful.

So, in conclusion, overall, I'm going for Spidey.

I like both, but this isn’t really a contest. Voted Nolan.

Captain America is probably the one who can compete in terms of trilogies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"