Iron Man 2 Sam Rockwell is Justin Hammer

does anyone have a clip of Sam Rockwell in the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

"We're family".

Rockwell and I are in the same boat because I don't know s**t about the character either.

I dont know anything other than what he looks like.

Did the character appear in the 90s Spidey cartoon?

since they seem to be using there own take on the character, him knowing anything about the comic version, wouldn't really matter that much

does anyone have a clip of Sam Rockwell in the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

"We're family".

No clip but.........

''You want regular or Menthol''? :woot:

Samrockwell-tmnt.jpg

Anyways, awesome quality casting by the way Marvel.

Yet again.

For the people up above on this page, if your curious to learn about Hammer read the Demon in a Bottle storyline.

Having read it a number of times, I'm really excited thinking of the possibilites they can have for this sequel.

Yeah, Hammer is in Demon in a Bottle. Gives me more hope they use this for this film. If not this one, they HAVE to use it. The first comic book hero to deal with problems like those would be great to see on screen if done right.

Yeah, Hammer is in Demon in a Bottle. Gives me more hope they use this for this film. If not this one, they HAVE to use it. The first comic book hero to deal with problems like those would be great to see on screen if done right.

Only thing that worries me a little bit is that interview someone posted not too long ago. Favreau was saying something about how they were going to downplay the alcoholism since they still wanted the movies to be enjoyed by younger crowds...or something to that extent.

I was kind of bummed to hear they were essentially toning it down a notch for the 'families'.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Hammer's behind the control of Tony's armour, isnt he?

Leading to the manslaughter of the Ambassador for which IM gets the blame and starts Tony's true descent into alcholism.

For the people up above on this page, if your curious to learn about Hammer read the Demon in a Bottle storyline.

Having read it a number of times, I'm really excited thinking of the possibilites they can have for this sequel.

Good! Haven't got there yet but I will--I'm still reading the early IM years..

Hammer's behind the control of Tony's armour, isnt he?

Leading to the manslaughter of the Ambassador for which IM gets the blame and starts Tony's true descent into alcholism.

Yup. :cwink:

Good! Haven't got there yet but I will--I'm still reading the early IM years..

Right on. It's one of the biggest if not the biggest/well known Iron Man stories. I'm sure you'll like it, and believe me after reading it you'll understand what I meant about all the possibilites in my previous post.

Right on. It's one of the biggest if not the biggest/well known Iron Man stories. I'm sure you'll like it, and believe me after reading it you'll understand what I meant about all the possibilites in my previous post.
I'll post something around here when I'm done with it :up:

Last edited:
the more I think about it, I don’t know if I like the idea of a younger Hammer
I mean, it kinda would take away from what makes Tony special, I thought he was suppose be like, boy genius, who's very advanced for his age, one of the youngest in his field, and to run a company,...

I think I’ve heard the idea suggested, that maybe he'll be playing a young Hammer, in a flashback (we've already heard rumors of Tim Robbins, playing Howard, so, we'll probably be seeing some flashback scenes)
I'd kinda prefer that (kinda hope thats what it is)

and then have an older actor, that kinda looks like him (or even have Sam, in make up to look older) play old Hammer in the present

^^There's nothing to say Hammer has to have the same level of smarts as Tony - he could be just a rival businessman with his own agenda; equal or better to Tony in some ways (business acumen, opportunism) but inferior in others (intellect).

Come to think of it - much like Obediah was in the 1st movie.

I hope they keep it a little more faithful and make him older than Tony, but again, they may do something good by making them the same age. One thing I would love would be if it turned out that Hammer helped with the Iron Monger design, and then re-works and improves it to make Crimson Dynamo.

I think Justin should carry a GOLDEN HAMMER with him at all times!!

"I'ts hammer time, Iron Man. You hear me..HAMMER TIME!" - - JUSTIN HAMMER

''You think you can touch me, Iron Man??

You can't touch this!!!!''

I think he should play a younger Justin Hammer in the movie to truly make him an equal to Tony or anti-Tony Stark. I don't know why I keep envisioning him as a Ezekiel Stane type character instead of his older Justin Hammer comic counterpart

I think the Howard Stark rivalries and all the history there would take away from the film... let's just move forward. If Rockwell is playing a younger Hammer... why even bother with the flashbacks? Even if Bridges returned and they de-aged him. It would serve little purpose retracing those steps and detracting from Tony Stark and the modern day.... even if Tim Robbins is signed on it's not worth it. I wouldn't go out of my way to show what took place in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"