Iron Man 2 Sam Rockwell is Justin Hammer

I agree. I would like to see Hammer in IM3 at the very least. I loved the Monaco scene where he corners Tony. They played off each other very well, with Tony bascially trying to get away from him and pretty much openly showing disdain for Hammer. Rockwell did a great job of playing up Hammer's insecurities. He was a wanna-be Stark, but deep down he knew that he didn't have the skills of Stark yet he always projected confidence in public. Great performance by Rockwell.

Rockwell now has two comic book movies on his resume, and they're both good.

I agree. I would like to see Hammer in IM3 at the very least. I loved the Monaco scene where he corners Tony. They played off each other very well, with Tony bascially trying to get away from him and pretty much openly showing disdain for Hammer. Rockwell did a great job of playing up Hammer's insecurities. He was a wanna-be Stark, but deep down he knew that he didn't have the skills of Stark yet he always projected confidence in public. Great performance by Rockwell.

Yea i agree with this. I sorta felt sorry for Hammer... but he was a little ****, funny **** though.

Sam Rockwell is a great actor whom I love but I thought that his performance (among others) was way too over the top and silly.

am I the only one who feels hammer looks like dana carvey, and carvey's garth, sans the mullet & overbite?

I really didn't like Hammer in the Movie. Sam is a great actor and I would've loved to see his performance as a more competent and menacing competitor and not just simply playing a loser version of Tony Stark.

I just felt he was reprising whatever the characer's name was in Charlie's Algels, with little dances and everything on. :csad:

I was actually asked if Rockwell was "The Master of Disguise" while we were watching it.

Sam Rockwell is a great actor whom I love but I thought that his performance (among others) was way too over the top and silly.

I think that was the intent. Hammer was jealous of Stark, so he tried to emulate the things that people loved Stark for. Instead of being cool and charming, Hammer came off as trying too hard and his act was a bit silly. That is why it was great.

I just felt he was reprising whatever the characer's name was in Charlie's Algels, with little dances and everything on. :csad:

Not at all IMO. Hammer was more over the top... but still less confident, if you know what i mean? He seemed sorta nervous and desperate underneath the surface. Like when he started screwing at Vanko near the end, he was angry, but his eyes looked desperate more than angry.

I thought it was a great performance.

"I'm going to the expo. Maybe I'll even get laid."

"I took your stuff. How does that make you feel?"

"I'm sorry... but I don't SPEAK RUSSIAN!!"

Rockwell was easily one of the bright spots of the movie for me, and the scene's between him and RDJ just played out brilliantly, two top actors going at it and it was just brilliant, I just wish we had gotten more of the villains in IM2.

I really do hope Hammer returns to the franchise in IM3.

Hahaha! Was this made for a show or something?

Rockwell: " except c*** block junior over here got in the way". :hehe:

I honestly don't know, but it is hilarious. I don't remember how I found it either... but I started watching it on some website a few years ago and realized Robin was Justin Long pretty quickly, but then half-way through the video I was like "Holy ****! Batman's SAM ROCKWELL!!" haha

Yea that is beyond ridiculous. The way he just appears whilst on the phone to Robin :awesome:

I would love to get a rundown on all his lines again, evey line was gold and his delivered them so good. I loved the scene when hes selling rhodes on all his weapons he can add to the suit. noone could have sold the "ex-wife" better then rockwell.

That line could have only been better if Hammer dramatically flipped his tie over his shoulder.

I said that line about 1,000 times the other night on Xbox Live because we were in a group with Russians and they kept getting mad at us because we weren't following their "battle plans" when half the time they were speaking Russian amongst themselves.

I liked ROckwell alot my 2nd favorite performance after RDJ. I wanted to see more of him, his character was kind of a b***h

True story, I promise: I work at the gym I train at (it's an mma gym) and today the phone rang and the caller ID said Sam Rockwell. My first thought was, "Huh, somebody made it so their caller ID says Sam Rockwell.", but then I answered it and it was most definitely Sam's voice, asking about private boxing sessions. I answered all his questions despite being pretty mind blown that I was talking to Sam Rockwell lol. So far some of the people to come train at my gym consist of, Chuck Liddell, Chris Hemsworth, Josh Brolin and Gene Hackman. Along with soon to be Sam and Daniel Craig is supposed to come in some time too. The funny part (I think) is that, except for Liddell, they are all people from comic book slash super hero(ish) movies. Thor, Jonah Hex, Lex Luthor, Justin Hammer and James Bond/Jake Johnson from Cowboys & Aliens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"