San Diego Comic Con (SDCC) Thread

Mandon Knight

We did it......
Reaction score
It's nearly that time again kids !!

The annual pilgrimage to the promised land of all things nerdy, geeky & CBM related, cos play, & Hall H histrionics.

Place all your news, stills, reports, panel wishes & actual news here along with your joygasms as long for wished projects are declared 'going into production'.

Have a great 4 days. For a start.....

http://www.superherohype.com/news/4...s-include-cw-heroes-sabrina-and-more#/slide/1

Schedule :-

http://www.superherohype.com/news/418315-comic-con-2018-schedule-for-thursday

http://www.superherohype.com/news/418367-comic-con-2018-schedule-for-friday-july-20

http://www.superherohype.com/news/418417-comic-con-2018-schedule-for-saturday-july-21

http://www.superherohype.com/news/418429-comic-con-2018-schedule-for-sunday-july-22

Enjoy !!!

giphy.gif

I'll be the only one to say my most anticipated movie to show some stuff at Comic Con is King Of The Monsters.

I'll be the only one to say my most anticipated movie to show some stuff at Comic Con is King Of The Monsters.

You're not alone there at all. With no Marvel Studios or Game of Thrones panels, Godzilla is pretty much my only anticipated panel this year. I'll check out others like Aquaman, Shazam, Bumblebee, and Venom but I'm not particularly excited for them. Same with The Walking Dead, which I probably would have skipped entirely if it wasn't Andrew Lincoln's last one.

I'm betting my arm and leg that Duncan Jones is directing Gambit. With BW finding it's director gambit is the only CBM in development right now that we know of atm. Unless he's directing MOS2.

I'm betting my arm and leg that Duncan Jones is directing Gambit. With BW finding it's director gambit is the only CBM in development right now that we know of atm. Unless he's directing MOS2.

Well I figured he wouldn't have directed Black Widow anyway since they probably wanted a woman director for that one.

I feel like SDCC is gonna be a let down this year. Interested to see the Aquaman trailer though

MCU and Game of Thrones not coming makes it hard to really care about CC this year, honestly.

MCU and Game of Thrones not coming makes it hard to really care about CC this year, honestly.

Save for last year when they were only one episode into the season when the they went to SDCC, the Game of Thrones panel has always happened after the season finale, so while they were fun, there was never anything new that they would really show. But Comic Con would have been a perfect place for them to unveil the premiere date for the final season. That's what really bums me out about GOT not being present.

Little video explaining about what to expect from Shazam...and DCEU in general.

[YT]c1xY7a759TQ[/YT]

Looking forward to any news regarding the DCEU and Sony. That's about it.

You're not alone there at all. With no Marvel Studios or Game of Thrones panels, Godzilla is pretty much my only anticipated panel this year. I'll check out others like Aquaman, Shazam, Bumblebee, and Venom but I'm not particularly excited for them. Same with The Walking Dead, which I probably would have skipped entirely if it wasn't Andrew Lincoln's last one.

Pretty much this.

Someone on another board was talking about the December movies.

So far it's Aquabro, Transformers 6, Ferrell and Reilly 3 in England, Sequel to a Disney Classic that I'm not too interested in.

After Godzilla and Venom, I am mainly looking forward to show stuff. I am really hoping for a Netflix She-ra trailer, but I can't see any where on the schedule where it might pop up.

I can't wait for DC's panel. Aquaman trailer, Shazam trailer, WW84 first look and hopefully some confirmation about future films (Birds of Prey)... Exciting! Also looking forward to the tv and streaming side of things! We'll likely get our first trailers for Titans, Young Justice: Outsiders, and Super Hero Girls, plus comfirmation about what the next 2 animated films after Reign of the Supermen are!... Exciting times for us DC fans!

Young Justice season 3>>>>>Everything else.

So Marvel feels they are too big for Comic con now? How very humble of them..

So Marvel feels they are too big for Comic con now? How very humble of them..

It's not a matter of humility. It's more wanting to keep things close to the chest with their next projects since they don't want to reveal anything just yet and allow for some breathing room after Infinity War at the same time. They probably didn't think it was worth the effort if they were only going to promote Captain Marvel since they're obviously going to keep Avengers 4 under wraps for as long as possible. It's the same reason why HBO decided to skip Comic Con this year too. The final season is still a ways off and they don't want to give any details just yet. Regardless, Marvel has skipped Comic Con before in favor of the D23 expo in 2015 but since that's only every other year, Marvel opted to just sit this one out entirely.

Marvel skips SDCC every now and then. It's not about being "too big," it's about not having enough to show to make a splash. The whole point of SDCC for studios is publicity, after all. It's go big or stay home. This year's simply a "stay home" year for Marvel.

Marvel skips SDCC every now and then. It's not about being "too big," it's about not having enough to show to make a splash. The whole point of SDCC for studios is publicity, after all. It's go big or stay home. This year's simply a "stay home" year for Marvel.

I'm pretty sure Marvel could say and do nothing between now and A4's release and it wouldn't matter. No trailers, no posters, nothing. It would still make 2 billion.

Starts tomorrow.

Looks like Predator and Doctor Who will be the highlights. A few comic related stuff tomorrow I'm interested in.

Mainly excited for the Godzilla and Glass panels and their trailers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"