World Sandman’s castle

bumping this to ward off the other thread :oldrazz:

Out of nostalgia, if you will--hope there's another Sandman enthusiast around here..

Sandman (William Baker, a.k.a. Flint Marko) is a fictional character who appears in comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character first appeared in The Amazing Spider-Man #4 (Sept. 1963), created by writer Stan Lee and artist Steve Ditko as an adversary for the superhero, Spider-Man. A shapeshifter endowed through an accident with the ability to turn himself into sand, he eventually reformed, and became an ally of Spider-Man. The character has been adapted into various other media incarnations of Spider-Man, including animated cartoons and the 2007 film Spider-Man 3, in which he is played by Thomas Haden Church.

29lgzrk.jpg

..and another image

mjskl1.jpg

..to not bother quoting too much

funny--I did search for sandman in spidey-world sub-forums.. :confused:

Thuse are really some great images, Aeghast. Defenitely a great and classic issue of ASM.

How do you all think that Sandman's character could be improved from a two dimensional thug to an A list villian? Any ideas?

The only thing that I can think of would be him being the leader of a gang. That may not make him an A-lister, but it would make him more of a threat to be a streetwise gang leader, probably a gang member himself. Plus, there is the despicable thing about using impressionable teenagers for his own purposes.
Sandman's visually awesome but lacks depth.
Sandman.jpg

specspidey_Marko_Lit.jpg

spider-man-3-20070423002300257.jpg

I'm just sorry we didnt get more scenes like this in SM3. More Marko/Sandman, less Sandmonster.
spiderman_3_movie_image_thomas_hade.jpg

6bcq1j6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"