The Flash Savitar's Abilities

Savitar

Civilian
Reaction score
Since we are (apparently) halfway through season 3, let's have a recap of Savitar's shown abilities.

And, do you think that Savitar is using portals along with his immense speed? Let me know below.:hmm

Well, unlike other speedsters, Savitar seems to be able to appear as mirages of dead loved ones to people. I would imagine this is part of his "you tap into the speed force, I control it" or whatever he said line.

The speed force has shown the ability to appear as images of loved ones to Barry, so if that's the case, perhaps Savitar uses that to his own maniacal ends.

His appearance is likely a speed force generated costume, so that's a new ability shown off on the series.

He's got some ties to the philosopher stone. I wonder if there's a chance he uses magic to enhance his abilities, and the stone is like his idol.

I suspect the "portals" are just the visual representation of Savitar going so fast that mundane reality gets blotted out.

That is very true.

Also, the line was, "You may serve the speedforce Flash, but I rule it."

Could be but I think he is using some kind of technology or trick Flash needs to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if Savitar is the Speedforce? Or at least the "bad" half of the Speedforce in a ying and yang sort of way?

Savitar has some nice powers but the suit is silly. Savitar says he is a god and can manipulate ppl but just plays with Barry then goes back in the box then gets out then goes back in. I wanna see a real big bad that doesn't play games and the only guy that did that was reverse flash his motives were apparent and had real reasons to make him do what he did. Zoom and savitar are just toying around and it pisses me off. Barry needs to man up and embrace the speed force not keep time traveling and making everything worse

What if Savitar is the Speedforce? Or at least the "bad" half of the Speedforce in a ying and yang sort of way?

I really like this idea. Perhaps he's a "corruption" of the speed force.

Like, maybe it's a person, who the "evil side" of the speed force takes over.
I'd dig that.

That would be somewhat similar to The Flash: Rebirth 2009, where Thawne conducted an experiment on himself which allowed him to create a negative speed force that contaminated Barry, and eat away at Barry's speed force.

I really like this idea. Perhaps he's a "corruption" of the speed force.

Like, maybe it's a person, who the "evil side" of the speed force takes over.
I'd dig that.

Since you're gassing me up lemme go on a tangent for a second.

Let's assume that the Speedforce is a fancy word for Time. And let's go on to assume that Time is actually cyclical rather than linear (to keep in line with the Hindu roots of a character like Savitar). So if Time is in a perpetual cycle of life, death, and rebirth Savitar would be the "death" part of that cycle. He's representing decay and entropy. Barry is championing the other side of that equation. He's fighting Savitar as a force that wants things to continue the way they are instead of ending to start over. Just some ideas.

Maybe it's all crazy talk.

Edit: And here's more crazy. What if Savitar only got involved and is starting ****, because Barry keeps messing with the timline and instead of sticking it out like Barry chose to Savitar just wants to scrap everything and go back to the drawing board, but he has to get rid of Barry first.

Last edited:
So basically you describe him as the smoke monster from Lost series. And Barry would be Jacob then?
Give it some thought. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"