Saw 10: Who's Ready to Play a Game

So is it a sequel to Spiral or a sequel to Saw 3D since Jigsaw was a prequel?

There have been rumors that it's prequel that takes place between the first and second movies.

I don't like the writers, but Kevin Greutert understands Saw more than anyone who isn't James Wan and Leigh Whannel. Saw VI is a fan favorite. Hopefully he has influence over the script and there isn't a mess behind the scenes like during production on VII.

I’m begging everyone on earth to not see this movie. Then maybe they’ll finally stop.

So is it a sequel to Spiral or a sequel to Saw 3D since Jigsaw was a prequel?
Jigsaw wasn't really a prequel. It took place both in the past and in the present. But this will definitely be a continuation to that. Spiral was promoted more like a spin-off, which didn't do well in the box office, and they did say last year that they were developing another film with John Kramer coming back.
New There have been rumors that it's prequel that takes place between the first and second movies.
I'm guessing they'd de-age Tobin Bell for that, because it's 20 years later and he's 80 now. The de-aging in Spiral was only for a few scenes and it was awful.

Just let this franchise die. Spiral was worse than most of the recent Saw sequels and bringing back John at this point serves no purpose other than a recognizable voice and face.

Last edited:
I didn't even bother watching Jigsaw or Spiral but they should have just left the franchise alone after "The Final Chapter" over a decade ago since it was getting pretty stale by the late 2000's.

Me talking about the Saw franchise.

84514ac4249a80ec3341660ad865b57e91690a05.pnj

Also, John Kramer has been dead since Saw 3, which came out in 2006. I haven’t seen Tobin Bell lately but I doubt he hasn’t aged at all in that time. And I know Hollywood has de-aging effects but they’re not going to put that kind of money into this crap.

I maintain that this series peaked at Saw III, even though there are things about IV through VI that I do like. I'd be lying if I said I won't see this new one once it hit theaters. It's the one franchise where, when there's a new one, I'm there opening weekend, which I can't even say for comic book movie franchises all of the time.

Still, the timeline for Jigsaw threw me and I don't know where the franchise even goes from here. The character of Logan in Jigsaw doesn't strike me as interesting enough of a successor and, right now, doesn't appear as ruthless as Hoffman was in Saw VI.

There are things that I liked in various Saw films, but I'd even argue that the only legit good movie was the first one. Since then the franchise was more or less on a downward spiral.

Lionsgate is going to be pumping out Saw and John Wick films til the end of time.

Yeah, the first Saw movie is a legitimately great horror film whose legacy has sadly been tainted by all the crappy sequels. I didn’t mind 2 and 3 though, because they gave use more insight into John and sort of tied everything together. But they should have stopped after that. Every film after 3 (that I’ve seen at least… never bother with Jigsaw and only watched a little bit of Spiral) has been garbage.

I am so ready for more Saw movies. Even with as dumb as Spiral was, I don’t care. I just want more. And I want them to be balls to the wall ridiculous.

Just bring Tobin Bell back in some ridiculous twist. I'm honestly shocked that the character is still dead so many films later.

There have been contradicting rumours about the film taking place between Saw and Saw II, while another one said it was between II and III.

I maintain that this series peaked at Saw III, even though there are things about IV through VI that I do like. I'd be lying if I said I won't see this new one once it hit theaters. It's the one franchise where, when there's a new one, I'm there opening weekend, which I can't even say for comic book movie franchises all of the time.

Still, the timeline for Jigsaw threw me and I don't know where the franchise even goes from here. The character of Logan in Jigsaw doesn't strike me as interesting enough of a successor and, right now, doesn't appear as ruthless as Hoffman was in Saw VI.
Not only that, but Logan only brough back the games just as part of an elaborate plan to bring down one crooked cop he had a vendetta against. He didn't really seem on having them continue beyond that. So while he may have been an apprentice, he wasn't really for continuing John's legacy past this one bit. Hence why the twist didn't really have him involved in much of the previous work like Hoffman and Amanda after him were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"