Say hello to our next president...

I'm kinda with Chuck Norris on McCain; he's got one foot in the grave already. And yes, America IS tired of Bush, and Mccain is like Bush incarnated imo, but unfortunately there are still closed minded ppl in this country that would rather have another Bush running this country, as oppose to an African American or a woman. Sad, but true. I actually heard on a radio station that some ppl claim they'll change from Democrat to Republican, if Obama wins super Tuesday and gets the nomination, because they'd rather vote for the 'traditional looking' American leader, rather than a new faced one.:whatever:

So wait, are you implying that you'd actually vote for a candidate based solely on their race or gender? That's incredibly racist and sexist.

So wait, are you implying that you'd actually vote for a candidate based solely on their race or gender? That's incredibly racist and sexist.

:huh: I'm with Norris on the sole point that McCains too old.

And no, i wouldn't vote for a candidate simply because of their race or gender, but as an Armed Service man, i'm tired of fighting wars designed by old white men, that sit around and move young Americans' sons and daughters lives around on the battle field, like they're playing chess. And are too full of Pride to admit defeat, simply because of their ego's.:cmad:

First off, let me just say that I admire your service to our country.

However, I don't get it. What difference does it make if the person running the country happens to be black or a woman? I thought one of the keystones of the Democratic party is that we're all equal and that we're all capable of making the same decisions. So why is that race and gender factor into the equation HERE? ;)

I won't bother reducing this one to ash, as I've already done that to the former and this particular post is just the regurgutation of the last. That last quote however is striking and porves the point that I've been pointing to since this all began.

You actually think that replacing one Evil for another is justified. You feel that spreading YOUR brand of hate is better than the right wing extremist spreading THEIRS. You seem to think that the Democratic failings and flaws, which are just as numerous and disgusting, are a non-issue next to the Party that you detest so very much.

You can't replace a child molester with a murderer and sleep well at night unless you're well, you, I suppose. Either way, it still doesn't make it right.

You have turned nothing to ash, You simply ignored everything I said except my last statement. But that's okay I won't have to deal with the Republican party in the future since their policies don't influence my life anyway. It's just sad that there are no true "Small Government" people left it's all party allegiance nowadays, no matter how many control freaks want to instill their ideologies of what is "prim and proper" and destroy personal freedom.

As for the Dems, they are evil, but they are the lesser evil, at least the try to give people more civil rights instead of taking them away and since there is pretty much no other option than to choose one of the two evils in the US I'd say you go with the lesser one. Imho. this election needs to be an anti-republican election not "who is the better" since both suck, the Republicans however suck more at the moment. They should start to clean up their act again and truly stand for "small Government" and "personal freedom" instead of being a mouthpiece for the American Taliban.

However, I don't get it. What difference does it make if the person running the country happens to be black or a woman? I thought one of the keystones of the Democratic party is that we're all equal and that we're all capable of making the same decisions. So why is that race and gender factor into the equation HERE? ;)

Well, i just see nominating yet another Republican into the white house as a keystone to having yet another 4 years of what we've had during the Bush administration; which is a laundry list of headaches for the next President to clean up. I'm not gonna vote for Hilary or Obama, simply because one's black and/or the others a woman. If a white guy was running for President, and was a democrat i'd vote for him, as i did with Kerry 4 years ago. It's the Republicans as a party i'm discontent with, not so much the individuals. So race plays no factor in my voting decision, just party affiliation.

Well, i just see nominating yet another Republican into the white house as a keystone to having yet another 4 years of what we've had during the Bush administration; which is a laundry list of headaches for the next President to clean up. I'm not gonna vote for Hilary or Obama, simply because one's black and/or the others a woman. If a white guy was running for President, and was a democrat i'd vote for him, as i did with Kerry 4 years ago. It's the Republicans as a party i'm discontent with, not so much the individuals. So race plays no factor in my voting decision, just party affiliation.

Okay, I understand now. It just seemed that in your initial post you were pointing out that people should be more inclined to vote for either a woman or a black man than the same "old white males." If that was your intention, then that would in fact have been racist and sexist. I'm glad it wasn't.

To all voters :

Regardless of race, age, gender, religious affiliation, and/or political allegiance, Vote for the candidate who can deliver results - who can fully understand the logistics of an economy as to a sub-prime crisis, the factor of interest rates and the dealings of Fed Reserve/Fanny Mae/Freddy Mac.

That candidate must also consider the intricacies of immigration problems (as 12 million or so illegals are incorporated already in the US economy), who is also capable diplomatically and militarily speaking in terms of Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria (Hezbollah), Hamas, North Korea, the global Al-Qaeda network etc., and must confront OPEC as one fact cannot be removed that oil was and still remains the universal primary source of energy: from cars to tractors to forklifters to space shuttles - almost everything runs on oil. Once the oil shoots up, everything shoots up - costs on country produce, consumer items, propane gas reserves, real estate value, etc. etc. .... which influence salary hikes and thus resulting to stagflation. Oil price volatility is historically the deciding factor on the Global (not just US) economy, and the political atmosphere around the world. The future president must also discern a slowing economy from a recession.

The key here is .. . research, research, research.

All those concerned in casting their vote should look into statistical economic graphs, and domestic and global events from the 60's, 70s, 80s, 90s to present time. Rely on cold hard data, and not just the opinion of a reporter or a political analyst or a newspaper. Biases do more harm than good. Be a respectable independent thinker, and take everything with a grain of salt. Look for the candidate who can deliver the best and honest results on the issues at hand.

And for goodness sakes vote for the candidate, not the party.

As for former and incumbent presidents, please do refrain from blaming them. They are not the ones who are running. Focus on the ones who are.

Because a lot of people in this country stll consider women and people of color inferior. The reason the republicans will probably win this election AGAIN is because while all the liberals and dems are doing their caucuses and signing petitions, those red staters in the south and middle america are simply waiting for election day.......and they will deliver mccain into the White House

When Ann Caulter hates the republican nominee so much she states she would support Hilary against him you know they are in trouble did you see Hannity and Combs last night?

All Mccain has is his war record it isnt enough to take the white house the people want "change" aesthetically and literally the democrats whoever the nominee will win imo.

When Ann Caulter hates the republican nominee so much she states she would support Hilary against him you know they are in trouble did you see Hannity and Combs last night?

All Mccain has is his war record it isnt enough to take the white house the people want "change" aesthetically and literally the democrats whoever the nominee will win imo.

No, I missed it. What did she say. Which Repub was she hating?

I think Coulter supports Hillary because Coulter is a lesbian. :)

For goodness sake vote the ideas, not the candidate, not the party.

The candidate and his ideas are kind of one and the same.

Wow...really know nothing about McCain. He has much more than his war record. He has 24 years of experience in national politics and served his country since 1958. He represents someone who can work with both Republicans and Democrats and his voting record and history prove it with his campaign finance reform and immigration bills. He represents being a conservative with common sense with his support for enviromental protection, a balanced budget and the need for cutting spending, reasonable gun control, opposes torture, criticized the Bush Administration for its faulty handling of the Iraq War, etc. He's sponsored and authored several bills in Congress.

Obama and Clinton have been in the Senate for a relatively short time and have done absolutely nothing significant. Clinton is running simply because of her own ambition and she only has a political career because of her husband. She won't really get anything done because Republicans have a massive disdain for her husband. Obama is running because of the fact that he'll be forgotten by 2012 and is riding on the momentum that was given to him in 2004, while he comes off as a person who wants to do good things for the people he's too much of a noob with no true platform (Hope, Change, and Unity is not a platform), has bad ideas (ethanol subsidies, leaving 5,000 troops in Iraq, universal health care, wants to cut NASA,), and won't get anything really done because he's too liberal for the Republicans in Congress.

i agree with Hippie Hunter on this one....Obama simply doesnt have the chops for the job...he's a good public speaker with noble ideas and thats about it

You have turned nothing to ash, You simply ignored everything I said except my last statement. But that's okay I won't have to deal with the Republican party in the future since their policies don't influence my life anyway. It's just sad that there are no true "Small Government" people left it's all party allegiance nowadays, no matter how many control freaks want to instill their ideologies of what is "prim and proper" and destroy personal freedom.

As for the Dems, they are evil, but they are the lesser evil, at least the try to give people more civil rights instead of taking them away and since there is pretty much no other option than to choose one of the two evils in the US I'd say you go with the lesser one. Imho. this election needs to be an anti-republican election not "who is the better" since both suck, the Republicans however suck more at the moment. They should start to clean up their act again and truly stand for "small Government" and "personal freedom" instead of being a mouthpiece for the American Taliban.

This just exemplifies what I've been saying about your warped and hateful point of view, if you can call it that. YOU feel this election shouldn't be about the issues, shouldn't be about the issues, it shouldn't be about what will affect the people voting, no, what YOU feel it SHOULD be about is ANTI-Republican? You specifically said it shouldn't be about who's actually the better candidate. This is by and far the most ridiculous thing I've heard from any one member of this Forum.

This actually goes beyond you being simply partsian, you're one of those left wing nuts dennoucing the policies of those you feel are right wing nuts in the Bush administration. Now just how in the bad place does THAT make any sense?:huh:

For goodness sake vote the ideas, not the candidate, not the party.
Like bell110 said, the ideas come from the candidate's noggin.

As voters, we must bear in mind and be responsible for the person we're electing into office. Otherwise, we are all damned hypocrites.

McCain sounds like such an ash in these debates.

Moderator: Governor Romney is a successful business man. What makes you more qualified to fix the economy than him?

McCain: Leadership. I'm a leader. I led the biggest squadren in the Navy.

God, he is playing the military card more than Rudy played 9/11.

Ya gotta play what you got in your hand.....

I hate to jinx things, but this out of touch-ness (not a word, I know) that the Republicans display by nominating a guy who freely admits the economy is not his bag, baby; when the economy is the #1 issue in some polls and a really high one in most polls of what people care about makes me think it'll be a little like '92 with "Its the economy, stupid."

I really don't see McCain winning. He's too much like Bush and says one thing, but the votes another way.

He has the best chance of winning if he's against Clinton. Enough people dislike Clinton enough to vote for McCain. But if it's McCain vs. Obama, Obama has the better chance of winning. Just look at the guy...he looks, sounds, and acts like a statesmen and he wants change. Obama in office should, theoretically, greatly lessen that hanging cloud of racism that still exists in certain places or that has been tagged on to the American name.

I think voters are going to realize later on in the election that McCain is bat**** insane. He wants to keep us in Iraq for one hundred years? Don't over 60% of voters want us out today? He wants to engage us militarily with Iran? Don't the same number of voters want us to pursue diplomatic relations instead? He knows nothing of the economy? Isn't the economy the number one issue among current primary voters?

Not only does Walnuts have to deal with that, but then there's the age problem. Many people think he can communicate. But over the course of this campaign, he seems like he tires out faster than the other candidates. After New Hampshire, he was charismatic, loud and boisterous. After South Carolina, he was loud and partially boisterous. With Florida, he gave a soft, soothing speech. But at the debate, he was off key, noticeably tired and worn out. That will have to gain considerable media and voter attention over time.

the coasts might want us out of this war, but Middle America and the South still have that support the president/war/troops mentality.....

I find it funny how conservatives complain that McCain is a Democrat-wannabe liberal and how liberals think that he's another George W. Bush :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"