Scarlett Johannson in Luc Besson's LUCY

are these drugs some kind of superhero drugs or basically the same bradley cooper took few years ago ? cause doing crazy telekinetic stuff because you can access 100% of your brain seems a little bit too far fetched .. (even within movie logic)

I just can't take it seriously.
Of course you can't take it seriously, it has a kinda dumb ridiculous and nonsensical plot. Also it looks generic but all LB's produced or directed movies are like that and a lot of them turn out to be perfectly entertaining time wasters. I just hope it's better than that dull as dirt Columbiana.

Of course you can't take it seriously, it has a kinda dumb ridiculous and nonsensical plot. Also it looks generic but all LB's produced or directed movies are like that and a lot of them turn out to be perfectly entertaining time wasters. I just hope it's better than that dull as dirt Columbiana.
Except that is not how I feel about Leon, The Fifth Element, or The Messenger. They all had the chance to be ridiculous and dumb, but they all had a charm and style that made them work. I haven't watched Nikita in years, but I remember feeling that way about it aswell.

Except that is not how I feel about Leon, The Fifth Element, or The Messenger. They all had the chance to be ridiculous and dumb, but they all had a charm and style that made them work. I haven't watched Nikita in years, but I remember feeling that way about it aswell.
I guess dumb and time waster aren't the words I'd use to describe his older films like Nikita, Leon and The Fifth Element but I would use that to describe the films that he is writing and producing now or days. Lucy looks pretty much in line with those films. Who knows, maybe Lucy will overcome it's silly premise and be like those old films he directed.

That is probably why I haven't watched them. Even The Family with Miss Argon.

Besson is an absolutely poor director, no doubt for me in my mind.

I think it looks ok, Scarlett gets my money!

This looks so much better than the other scifi films coming out this year like Jupiter Ascending and Transcendence *yawn*

Luc Besson has another hit on his hands.

This looks so much better than the other scifi films coming out this year like Transcendence *yawn*

:argh:

Being serious though, Transcendence doesn't look special but I still want to see it. I need to watch this trailer when I get home from work. I enjoy a number of Besson's films including The Transporter(only 1st) and Taken (he only wrote both but didn't direct)so I hope this is good.

HAHA, why would they use anyone as a drug mule if the drugs themselves can give the person SUPERPOWERS????

It looks fun. Very 90's. Like what Russ Fisher (of Slashfilm) said on twitter, 'Why have a time machine to go back to the 90's when we have Luc Besson?"

Being serious though, Transcendence doesn't look special but I still want to see it. I need to watch this trailer when I get home from work. I enjoy a number of Besson's films including The Transporter(only 1st) and Taken (he only wrote both but didn't direct)so I hope this is good.

I had to accept the French's sensibilities when they try to mimic American tentpoles, especially with the films coming out from EuroCorp. Sure the actors are speaking English, but the tone and hamfisted comedy is completely French.

It looks like one of the better Luc Besson EuropaCorp action movies. The fact that the villain is Choi Min-sik from Oldboy and I Saw The Devil alone makes me want to watch this movie.

I'm looking forward to Europacorp finally making a Valérian and Laureline movie. Sea At War also sounds promising

To me EuroCorp's style that borderling fun and stupid schlock. It's the humor and reliance of American troupes and archetypes painted in very broad strokes.. Often the humor is so slapstick and goofy that it would make Jerry Lewis proud.

Being serious though, Transcendence doesn't look special but I still want to see it. I need to watch this trailer when I get home from work.

Yeah I'm probably gonna see it when it comes out, probably just hop over after watching something more interesting, but every time I see a ad for it I get less and less interested for it. It just looks bland.

but yeah...this trailer was really well put together. I've rewatched it a few times already. lol

The fact that the villain is Choi Min-sik from Oldboy and I Saw The Devil alone makes me want to watch this movie.

Same here, man. :up:

What happens when it gets to 100% ? We already know

1z6t8hs.gif

Besson is an absolutely poor director, no doubt for me in my mind.

Le Femme Nikta, Leon, and The Fifth Elements says hello.

Though he's not as good as he was, since he's been pigeon-holed doing B-movies lately, but you can never take away the stuff that he's made that are truly classics.

I saw Leon & The Fifth Element, might have been good at some point in the 20th century, but not anymore, imo obviously. What I see is that he's got a super bland directing style, terribad scripts, just the couple of lines in the trailer here are cringeworthy.

Looks like a more awesome version of Limitless.

Will check out just because ScarJo.

It does look bad honestly but hopefully it'll be the fun kind if bad and not take itself seriously. :lips:

Another hot heroine from Besson!

Last edited:
Scarlett Johansson doing a Black Widow movie while NOT playing Black Widow. Curse you Marvel.

ScarJo is capable, but it depends on the material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"