Civil War Scarlett Johansson is back - The Official Black Widow / Natasha Romanoff Thread - Part 1

Alright so, after seeing some addition clips today from the STEM contest Marvel is having, I don't think Nat is the double agent. But a line she said during the trailer intrigued me. Tony says "They're gonna come after you." and her response is "I'm not the one who has to watch their back."

Alright so, after seeing some addition clips today from the STEM contest Marvel is having, I don't think Nat is the double agent. But a line she said during the trailer intrigued me. Tony says "They're gonna come after you." and her response is "I'm not the one who has to watch their back."
My two theories right now are that... it either means Nat is defecting from Team IM and he's warning her about the gov coming after her (and she's in turn warning him because there's probably bad guys within the gov pulling the strings/stoking the flames of the conflict and he should be worrying about them).
Or maybe it's a reference to the Russians? Since this movie is delving into Soviet backstory for the WS so it stands to reason there could be old enemies from Nat's past resurfacing as well.
Idk I think the former is more likely.

Yeah I got the feeling that line meant she was defecting to Steve's side - but I didn't think about it being Tony who had to watch his back for whatever reason and I should've.

Why would Tony be giving her a headsup if she wanted to defect?

Why would Tony be giving her a headsup if she wanted to defect?

Probably respect for her abilities. Stark probably knows Tash is the one Avenger he cannot outthink at a tactical level, so there's no point threatening her. Also, Tony is a businessman first and foremost, even when facing down Loki, so he's trying to negotiate her out of her position rather than fighting her on it.

But Cap is a tactical match?

Cap is a great battlefield leader and tactician. But Tony and Tasha can think tactically outside the battlefield, as they are both morally compromised individuals, especially in a politically charged situation like Civil War.

It's like Game of Thrones; Cap is smart the way Ser Davos or Ser Barristan are, whereas Tony and Tasha are more like Tyrion, Littlefinger or Varys.

Cap is a great battlefield leader and tactician. But Tony and Tasha can think tactically outside the battlefield, as they are both morally compromised individuals, especially in a politically charged situation like Civil War.

It's like Game of Thrones; Cap is smart the way Ser Davos or Ser Barristan are, whereas Tony and Tasha are more like Tyrion, Littlefinger or Varys.

That is a great analogy.

Anyone else notice so far we haven't seen anything super outstanding of BW from CW Trailers. I'm kinda worried.

Anyone else notice so far we haven't seen anything super outstanding of BW from CW Trailers. I'm kinda worried.

I wouldn't be. The Russos really like her so I'm sure she'll do something really cool. We already know she fights with Hawkeye and Antman's so that'll be cool. Plus the Russos said that they think Nat shares the 2 most endearing scenes in the movie with Steve, so she'll get some good character moments.

I wouldn't be. The Russos really like her so I'm sure she'll do something really cool. We already know she fights with Hawkeye and Antman's so that'll be cool. Plus the Russos said that they think Nat shares the 2 most endearing scenes in the movie with Steve, so she'll get some good character moments.
Hopefully, we just haven't seen much of it in the trailers which is why I was worried. But thanks for reminding me. Excited to see her fight and how here chemistry with Steve continues.

All of what Ninjablade said. I'm actually kinda glad we haven't seen much of Black Widow in the trailers - I take that to mean that whatever part she's playing it's going to be awesome.

Excuse me?

These stunts didn't impress you? Plus these teaser stunts are shot much better and is better than Sharon's exiting kick. There's no doubt that the Russos fav female in the MCU is BW and they even said that they love BW and Scarjo. I'd be so happy and appreciative if Sharon got to do at least one of these stunts. But alas.

tumblr_o3klvy6Llh1rr9dcxo1_250.gif
tumblr_o3w0vjitUm1snteogo2_r1_500.gif

I worry a tiny bit that because we haven't seen anything to indicate what she's doing in the third act... it might mean she doesn't do much at all (like what if she loses the stomach for the fight after the airport and then goes off screen, that's a fear of mine). Or it could mean she's doing something really interesting and spoilery in the last act. Hopefully it's the latter.

That's like saying that you're worried that instead of 30 mins screen time BW will only get 25 mins. Spare a thought for Sharon fans who are worried that she'll only get 5 mins considering she only got 3 mins in TWS and Sharon being an actual Cap supporting character in the comics. :funny:

I worry a tiny bit that because we haven't seen anything to indicate what she's doing in the third act... it might mean she doesn't do much at all (like what if she loses the stomach for the fight after the airport and then goes off screen, that's a fear of mine).

It's been confirmed she fights at least two other heroes during the airport fight.

I worry a tiny bit that because we haven't seen anything to indicate what she's doing in the third act... it might mean she doesn't do much at all (like what if she loses the stomach for the fight after the airport and then goes off screen, that's a fear of mine). Or it could mean she's doing something really interesting and spoilery in the last act. Hopefully it's the latter.

I could see it being the former, though I understand that. They'll probably want to focus on Tony, Bucky, and Steve for the final act. As long as she does enough beforehand that's substantial I'll be good.

Well there are clips of Sharon taking on Bucky and EVC said she and Natasha have a scuffle as well. I think we will get to see Sharon kick some ass.

Anyway, this is Nat's thread so I figure we gotta talk about Nat. And I'm glad the Russo's like her as much as they do.

Less than two months to go! I can't wait! Oh yeah baby! I saw the trailer yesterday. Awesome! Looking forward to my fave superheroes! Steve and Natasha!

That's like saying that you're worried that instead of 30 mins screen time BW will only get 25 mins. Spare a thought for Sharon fans who are worried that she'll only get 5 mins considering she only got 3 mins in TWS and Sharon being an actual Cap supporting character in the comics. :funny:
Well Nat's my fave and I'd like her to be a present character from beginning to the end of the film lol.

It's been confirmed she fights at least two other heroes during the airport fight.
I know but I'm referring to stuff that happens after the airport fight, which is in Act 2. Act 3 has other things like whatever Bucky, Steve and Tony are doing at that old Russian facility (possibly in Siberia). I'm hoping Nat's up to something while that climactic fight is going on and not just twiddling her thumbs somewhere off-screen.

Or...doing it with some guy...off-screen. lols :p

kidding aside...

I am stoked for this movie. I've been staying away from this part of the forums so...man, I can't wait to see how it all plays out. "I could do this all day" *raises fists* Oh yeah! ;)

I think the word you're looking for is strategic, rather than tactical. And I don't agree, in as much as none of them have demonstrated that much guile.

But putting that aside, why would Tony caution someone who is becoming an enemy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"