• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

The Avengers Scarlett Johansson is the Black Widow - Part 1

The fact that your a woman is irrelevant to the fact that you won't give an explanation. You won't give one cause you can't. Being an admin doesn't make your stats any more valid or reliable without evidence of some sort.

I've talked it out with Lee and all this was was a misunderstanding. What I said about Scarlett was correct, but it is the way I said it that was out of line. I must use more appropriate language. I get it now. No need for the mod squad to gang up on me anymore lol.

Actually it is very relevant, and my explanation would have probably been very similar to that of C. Lee...just not given on the thread. And no, it takes 3 or more admin. to be a gang...:yay: And to be clear, we don't actually "keep stats" unless you are given infractions for it.... it was more of a figure of speech, and years of modding. : )

Last edited:
Ignorant, sexist comments forgotten, I really hope that if another female Avenger comes along, they don't get rid of Widow. It would be completely wrong to have a "1 woman" rule in the team.

i hope they do get rid of black widow and replace her with another female avenger. because she is boring.

I hope more that Hawkeye bites the dust and Widow stays and have Ms. Marvel/Wasp replace Hawkeye. More female characters is a must.

Last edited:
I disagree with both of you. Keep Hawkeye and BW, ditch Hulk and add Wasp and Ant Man.

I disagree with both of you. Keep Hawkeye and BW, ditch Hulk and add Wasp and Ant Man.

atpzjn.jpg

He was in Avengers for one issue, he should be in Avengers for one film :o

I was all on your side about Hawkeye, Widow and Scarlett......... but then those Hulk comments. :(

Hulk was the best part of Avengers. Can't take him out.

I personally want to see Scarlett Witch. Imagine her powers on the screen with blasts coming from Iron Man.

Ignorant, sexist comments forgotten, I really hope that if another female Avenger comes along, they don't get rid of Widow. It would be completely wrong to have a "1 woman" rule in the team.
Agreed, that would be a wrong move. If they introduced another female in the lineup I don't know why we couldn't have both. It's ok for Iron Man, Thor, Banner and Captain America to all be together. It shouldn't be a token thing for women to fight with men.

He was in Avengers for one issue, he should be in Avengers for one film :o

Because they should obviously be following those early Avengers issues beat by beat. :whatever:

suddenly i like hawkingbird. begone with the hulk!

Mark Ruffalo's performance the most impressive of the cast and I think it'd be foolish not have him around for future installments.

The fact that your a woman is irrelevant to the fact that you won't give an explanation. You won't give one cause you can't. Being an admin doesn't make your stats any more valid or reliable without evidence of some sort.

I've talked it out with Lee and all this was was a misunderstanding. What I said about Scarlett was correct, but it is the way I said it that was out of line. I must use more appropriate language. I get it now. No need for the mod squad to gang up on me anymore lol.

Uh....no, it wasn't a misunderstanding. You said rude crude misogynistic things about her....it's just that YOU don't think that talking that way about women is bad. I just hadn't had time to respond in Pm to that ludicrous response you sent me.

Two admins of this site (admins who have helped set the rules and regulations of this site and are charged with enforcing them) have said that you made offensive comments about women (using Scarlette as the brunt of them)...and you say that we are wrong. Kelly is a woman, and says your comments were offensive and derogatory towards women....and you say that she is wrong. So basicly....you are saying even though we created the rules and enforce them, we don't really understand them as well as you do...and that even though Kelly is a woman, you, a male, have more knowledge of what offends a woman than she does.

Ludicrous indeed.

Mark Ruffalo's performance the most impressive of the cast and I think it'd be foolish not have him around for future installments.

yeah I loved his Hulk (the LOOK that is) as well. Getting rid of the Hulk would be a bad idea.

I'm not saying he can't return :o but I'd rather see allot of money spent on Hank Pym in the next film.

yeah I loved his Hulk (the LOOK that is) as well. Getting rid of the Hulk would be a bad idea.
i disagree. there's nothing the hulk can do that characters like giantman can't in a way that's more interesting. but the hulk wasn't bad in avengers, what was bad was other characters constantly telling me that the hulk was awesome.

Hulk works because he's visceral. He's the attack dog of the team, and I think he's earned his spot on the team.

They did hype him up a lot though. But I suspect that was Marvel wanting to redeem the character in the audiences eyes after Ang Lee's psychodrama and Louis Letterier's Ultimates/Bill Bixby attempt.

The Hulk is one of the most iconic characters in the world, there is no way they'll drop him for Giant man or anyone else.

Hulk stole the show in the Avengers, and he is here to stay. At least for a couple of more movies.

I think someone said that the Hulk was only in one issue, of the Avengers....SO WHAT? If he is a popular character, and one of the highlights of the first movie, then who cares how many issues of the comic he was in...I just don't get that thinking.

I thought the Hulk eventually returned to The Avengers anyways?

I think there is some merit to replacing Hulk actually it would free him to join other heroes and bring more of marvels portfolio to the big screen. A Hulk and the defenders movie could work I dunno about Namor's rights but Marvel has Hulk, Strange, Panther and a slew of other heroes who may not be able to get out of development hell by themselves so why not take the Ensemble Darkhorse of the blockbuster Avengers movie and give him and Ruffalo a side "Team Up" franchise with revolving members? If any of the heroes chosen for the defenders movie gets big enough they can branch off too and maybe we can start to see more than just 1 or 2 MCU movies a year

Last edited:
I think someone said that the Hulk was only in one issue, of the Avengers....SO WHAT? If he is a popular character, and one of the highlights of the first movie, then who cares how many issues of the comic he was in...I just don't get that thinking.
Exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"