Iron Man 2 Scarlett Johansson is the Black Widow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the bright side of the nice rack.

I can always see the bright side of the rack!

But truly Blunt would have been better - but Scar Jo will be able to pull it off, I just hope they leave her hair alone - I'm tired of all these actresses having their hair dyed in order to conform to something that Marvel did ages ago - hair color won't make or break the role.

I still don't get why Blunt was better. I've seen ScarJo(I am not going to start calling her that, get that **** out the way right now) in most of her roles, and she's done exceptional in them. I fail to see where fanboys say she falls flat. I saw Blunt in Prada, and again in Charlie Wilson's War.....she was good, but nothing that made me say she's a better actress. I think this just comes down to fanboy wank. Blunt kinda reminds me of Katy Perry anyway, who in turn looks like Zooey Deschanel, so that automatically removes any erection I may have had.

Scarlett Johansson is perfect for...The Black Widow. Hopefully she will be in just as many Marvel films as...Sam L. Jackson's Nick Fury is...9.

I still don't get why Blunt was better. I've seen ScarJo(I am not going to start calling her that, get that **** out the way right now) in most of her roles, and she's done exceptional in them. I fail to see where fanboys say she falls flat. I saw Blunt in Prada, and again in Charlie Wilson's War.....she was good, but nothing that made me say she's a better actress. I think this just comes down to fanboy wank. Blunt kinda reminds me of Katy Perry anyway, who in turn looks like Zooey Deschanel, so that automatically removes any erection I may have had.

That's pretty much on the mark and this thread is the epitome of why we the "fanboys" are the laughing stock and punchline.

So does this mean that Black Widow is going to go from being a super athletic Russian spy with the agility of a cat to being a gold digging Russian ****e that deals in corporate sabotage?

I'm not liking this at all.

I preferred Blunt, but I'm fine with Johansson.

Scarlett was the biggest name they could get locked up with a long term contract for the smallest amount; and that lame excuse for a casting strategy is what's wrong with this announcement. Boo to stunt casting.

Hooray for Scarlett kicking ass in leather. :yellow:

Scarlett was the biggest name they could get locked up with a long term contract for the smallest amount; and that lame excuse for a casting strategy is what's wrong with this announcement. Boo to stunt casting.
how is that lame?? getting a big name on the cheap sounds like a great investment. :huh:

This sounds pretty good to me. Scarlett is a decent actress and is pretty too.

After reading most of the comments in this thread.....I see that the stand up comics will have plenty of material about comic book fan boys for years to come.

For me it's not a matter of who is better cause admittedly I've seen enough of Skarlett to say I don't think she's that great an actress. Blunt is just a name given to us fanboys as a starting point. Blunt and Skarlett are vastly different in appearance and image for a Black Widow so there's that as well.

So Blunt's Russian accent would have been awesome with the extra week she had before Scarlett's name came into the frame ? :huh:
Regarding accents, Blunt has actually pulled them off in movies she's in. She's done American and a different British accent for another one of her movies.
Scarlet barely changes her voice for any of her roles to differentiate them from each other, so I'll say yes, Blunt would have the better Russian accent.
Wow. Nice news to wake up with. Now I´m really looking forward to Iron Man 2

She was born to play that role
Seriously? Are you sure this isn't your fanboy erection talking?
Horrible news. It's like Sue Storm being played by Alba all over again. :csad:
I wouldn't say horrible, but definitely disappointing and I do agree it's the Jessica Alba thing over again.
Hooray for Scarlett kicking ass in leather. :yellow:
Because that's all that matters.:whatever:

Don't get me wrong, I do not hate Scarlett Jo. Here's the thing, her track record on big films haven't exactly set the world on fire (The Spirit) even though some of her smaller work has been genuinely good. I don't know if it comes from a lack of good direction (Michael Bay, Frank Miller) or a lack of seriousness (maybe both) but it just isn't good.

For those who question that Blunt was better for the role do remember that report said that Scarlett Jo was tested and passed on which probably means that Favreau wasn't feeling her performance as much as Blunt's. Either way if she was second best out of the bunch then the film should be okay. I wall say that Marvel has to consider this a victory, they get a performer with name recognition on the cheap for extended contract.

In other news I cannot wait for Nick Fury and Black Widow to share the screen, it's a "Spirit" reunion....Yay :whatever:

This sounds pretty good to me. Scarlett is a decent actress and is pretty too.

After reading most of the comments in this thread.....I see that the stand up comics will have plenty of material about comic book fan boys for years to come.

I say we petition to get Dame Judi Dench to replace ScarJo, because clearly Jon Favreau doesn't know what he's doing.

Helen Mirren was my favourite to take over from Terrence Howard.

"One is War Machine and one is not amused, tony"

Damn, Emily Blunt would have been better.

Thanks a lot, FOX.

I swear, you fools act like they brought Kim Kardashian on to play BW or something. Drama queens.

kidding right? she's 100 times the actress alba is :huh:

No I'm not kidding. ScarJo as Black Widow is just as awful as Alba as Sue Storm was. :dry:

Both are cases of young actresses being totally miscast because somebody in the studio's marketing department loves the idea of stunt casting to bolster the movie's credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"