The Avengers Scarlett Johansson is the Black Widow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olga Kurylenko would've been great as Black Widow. She would've had the looks and the accent down, plus she would've been hotter than either Blunt or Johannson.

Part of me wishes they went full Boris and Natasha for her accent, but that's more of a nitpick than anything else.

Take away the trenchcoats and I imagine this is about what we're getting

hawkeyewidow.jpg

That would be pretty damn awesome.

And you KNOW I want a similar scene in the movie :)

It'd be crazy fun for the two of them to have a big action scene devoted just to them shooting up a ton of Skrulls.

(Hawkeye using a bow instead of guns, of course)

Is Johanson a bad actress? I´'ve always found her performances to be boring due to a lack of charisma, but she did have some awesom fight in IM2 although if you look closely you can see that it's a stunt woman. But maybe that't due to the fact that Downey as well as Helmsworth seem to inhabit their characters and that's whats needed in these movies in order to make the characers believable.

It'd be crazy fun for the two of them to have a big action scene devoted just to them shooting up a ton of Skrulls.

(Hawkeye using a bow instead of guns, of course)

Kind of makes me think of when Whedon mentioned Blackhawk Down as an influence. Renner/Scar Jo back to back taking on endless hordes of Skrulls would be fantastic.

Is Johanson a bad actress? I´'ve always found her performances to be boring due to a lack of charisma, but she did have some awesom fight in IM2 although if you look closely you can see that it's a stunt woman. But maybe that't due to the fact that Downey as well as Helmsworth seem to inhabit their characters and that's whats needed in these movies in order to make the characers believable.
I don't think she's a bad actress. And I think the blandness of her role in IM2 was more down to the writing. She did well with what she was given, in my opinion.

She didn't have any Black Widow-esque lines in Iron Man 2... this will definitely not happen in The Avengers. Also she has a dorky sounding voice, I wish she would make it more smooth and sensual.

She didn't have any Black Widow-esque lines in Iron Man 2... this will definitely not happen in The Avengers. Also she has a dorky sounding voice, I wish she would make it more smooth and sensual.

I dunno about that.... Her "is that dirty enough for you....." line was pretty damn smooth!

She needs to use a damn Russian accent sometimes. She should be able to switch it up like the character does in Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Audiences wouldn't even have known she was Russian in IM2, especially with that name, Natalie something.... I forget what it was.

She needs to use a damn Russian accent sometimes. She should be able to switch it up like the character does in Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Audiences wouldn't even have known she was Russian in IM2, especially with that name, Natalie something.... I forget what it was.

Why? I've never seen a comic panel with her where the writers have her speaking with an accent like Colossus or Rogue.

Someone who was a Russian spy can probably speak English without an accent.

I would hope that she uses the accent at some point, when she's not undercover, etc.

But even if she doesn't, I just hope she isn't as boring as she was in IM2. She's easy on the eyes, but her character was completely vapid and probably the weakest part of the film.

yeah, I hope Joss makes her much much much more interesting as a character.

a more badass attitude, a misterious attitude too, not just a hot woman working with the avengers.

If we were to use a pre-existing Whedon character to compare her to, I think she'll turn out to be kinda like Zoe from Firefly. Intelligent, badass, pragmatic, a woman of few words, but never fails to deliver the super dry one-liners every now and then.

Why? I've never seen a comic panel with her where the writers have her speaking with an accent like Colossus or Rogue.

Since when is Rogue russian?

In A:EMH, Black Widow speaks sometimes with a Russian accent and other times with a cover accent. I want Scarlett to do the same. I also want her to use the name Natasha Romanoff or Natalia Romanova, and not Natalie Rushman.

Her name was Natasha Romanoff. Natalie Rushman was a cover she used as Stark's secretary.

Knowing Joss, he is going to make Black Widow alot more awesome than we expect.

In A:EMH, Black Widow speaks sometimes with a Russian accent and other times with a cover accent. I want Scarlett to do the same. I also want her to use the name Natasha Romanoff or Natalia Romanova, and not Natalie Rushman.

Reminds me of before Spider-Man 2 when people wanted Alfred Molina's Otto Octavius to have a German accent because Marvel had give him one in the cartoons.

My two-penny's is that I've no problem with the American accent. It makes sense to me.

Being that Russia's her country of origin, of course Natasha was naturally going to have a Russian accent, but as stated before, one could argue that to be a successful spy she's had to make considerable effort to get rid of every trace of that accent. I see two possible outcomes from this; either a) she still has her Russian accent but is easily able to hide it or b) she has hidden it so much over the years that her accent has actually changed to the point that her natural accent is now an American one (which does happen).

In any case, if for all these years she's had an American accent in the comics, isnt it more a case of anyone who thinks she has a Russian accent simply reading 'Russian Spy' and just assuming that she must have a Russian accent?

Obviously I meant her southern accent. :whatever:

But yeah, look up any panel with Colossus and Rogue and more times than not they have them speaking with their respective accents and in Colossus' case a Russian word or two.

Now I dare anyone to find me a panel that has Widow talking like that.

Apparently they were looking into a solo film forth Black Widow. But I think they'll have to wait till the Avengers hits the big screen or at least until they finish filming.

That means Johansson would be reprising her role. Let's hope she does a fantastic job! I'm going to be optimistic about her casting and pin down her performance in Iron Man to some not-to-fantastic writing. Though she definitely had her moments. Perhaps in the Avengers she'll have one huge moment and be e perfect Black Widow. Fingers crossed...

She's definitely sporting the shorter hair in the teaser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back