The Avengers Scarlett Johansson is the Black Widow

Status
Not open for further replies.
2r708z5.jpg[B]
[/B]

She looks like she's goose stepping here. I think she might be a goose stepping goon from Berlin. :cwink:

Her shoes look very uncomfortable. ScarJo is hot but I think the red hair looks very fake on her.

I preferred the deeper red colour from Iron Man 2.

I'm skeptical myself, but did anybody read the latest ScarJo rumor about her "demanding" more action scenes in the movie?

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/237669/scarlett-johansson-doesnt-want-to-be-a-token-woman.html

Scarlett is making a point of not being the token woman in the movie,” reports a source on the set.
“She has had extra action scenes already but is still wanting more. She’s also been very reluctant to have her character be a love interest for the male heroes. Scarlett wants Black Widow to be on a level with the guys if not even more super!”

Again, I find the source to be less than credible, but hey. What do you guys think?

Nothing to really think. Good for her. She deserves just as much action as the others espically since she is basically the solo female on the team, she doesnt want to look downplayed next to them. And good for her on the love interest thing if its real.

If thats true then I agree with it as well , why should she not have just as much action as the guys, and just because she is a female does not mean she has to be a love interest.

That was one of my fears that she would not have as much as a role as the guys if anything because she is the only female she should be right up there with the rest of them.

It has nothing to do with her being a female, it has everything to do with her not having any powers. In a movie with Iron Man, Thor, Capt. America, and Hulk. More action scenes with Black Widow is the last thing I want to see.

Personally, it’s not about her being a female member, but the fact that based on what we saw of her in “Iron Man 2” alone, she’s not really an interesting character to see on screen, especially when compared to some of the other female leads that I’ve seen in the MCU. But I do agree on one thing, that they shouldn’t run risk on having her hook up with someone on the group because she’s the biggest female lead in the film so far, but really, she only has like one option (Hawkeye) since all of the other Avengers are spoken for physically or emotionally.

If this is true, well she can't be more "super" than the others, because that's just not her character. If she wanted a more "super" character, she should've played someone else.

I don't think it's that she's being played down per se. It's that she isn't part of the big three in the first place, and she isn't iconic like the Hulk. Had this been a Justice League movie and she was somehow playing Wonder Woman (which I hope she never does), then her character would've had just as much action as the rest and she would've been far more central a character to the storyline. She can't expect Black Widow to be in the spotlight as much as Iron Man, Cap and Thor, and then Hulk.

I'm skeptical myself, but did anybody read the latest ScarJo rumor about her "demanding" more action scenes in the movie?

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/237669/scarlett-johansson-doesnt-want-to-be-a-token-woman.html

Again, I find the source to be less than credible, but hey. What do you guys think?

I think it's BS. How can she be demanding more action scenes now that principal photography has ended? There is no possibility of reassembling the cast and crew (and sets) just for that.

As for the love interest part, Natasha started her existence as Clint's lover, so that's part of her back story.

I think it's BS. How can she be demanding more action scenes now that principal photography has ended? There is no possibility of reassembling the cast and crew (and sets) just for that.

As for the love interest part, Natasha started her existence as Clint's lover, so that's part of her back story.

Indeed and from the sounds of it, she may have something developing between her and Bruce Banner as well.

xeno00, there are always reshoots and pickups. TFA Time Square sequence was shot in March and Evans went right from that to Avengers in April.

Now I'm not saying the rumors are legit. But I mean, it is not uncommon for actors to want more scenes and for their characters to have like equal importance to other characters and what not. And sometimes those things aren't unreasonable.

Now I wouldn't oppose a Black Widow romance in the movie, but I also don't want them to force just to make the movie more appealing to the women folk and what not. And studio execs often demand lame romances.

I really hope they don't do Banner/Natasha because I mean Banner should basically be celibate outside of Betty. Betty is the woman he loves. TIH made that clear.

xeno00, there are always reshoots and pickups. TFA Time Square sequence was shot in March and Evans went right from that to Avengers in April.

Now I'm not saying the rumors are legit. But I mean, it is not uncommon for actors to want more scenes and for their characters to have like equal importance to other characters and what not. And sometimes those things aren't unreasonable.

Now I wouldn't oppose a Black Widow romance in the movie, but I also don't want them to force just to make the movie more appealing to the women folk and what not. And studio execs often demand lame romances.

I really hope they don't do Banner/Natasha because I mean Banner should basically be celibate outside of Betty. Betty is the woman he loves. TIH made that clear.

I know that there are reshoots, but I just don't think they would add in major action sequences after the fact. That would entail a lot of additional prep and work, with stunt coordinators and the FX department, etc. Budgetary considerations alone would probably nix that sort of thing.

I do hope that the Black Widow and Hawkeye won't be slighted in terms of their importance to the film, but the size of the cast will influence that. There are always sequels or spin-offs in which the characters can be developed further.

It would be fine with me if the Widow and Hawkeye started out together because that fits with their history. However, the Banner thing strikes me as ludicrous and a really bad idea. As you said, Bruce's relationship with Betty has been firmly established and it would be wrong to destroy that for some petty plot twist. Even if they never do another Hulk movie, they can still leave that relationship to be explored and perhaps resolved in further sequels of The Avengers. There is no need to introduce a manufactured love affair to increase the tension between the characters.

Besides, Tony is likelier to come on to Natasha, anyway. He probably (probably) wouldn't cheat on Pepper, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't flirt wildly just for the hell of it.

It has nothing to do with her being a female, it has everything to do with her not having any powers. In a movie with Iron Man, Thor, Capt. America, and Hulk. More action scenes with Black Widow is the last thing I want to see.

"Action scenes" do not automatically mean "fight scenes."
You play to your character's strengths; I'm sure Joss Whedon realizes that quite well. Widow is what? A spy. So give her espionage scenes. Let her do some key infiltrations in the enemy camp, get her 007 on. It makes her more valuable to the team, gives ScarJo something to do, and those of us with a thing for redheads (raises hands) some more Happy Time with my favorite Russkie.

Good on Scarlett for not wanting to be a love interest. They can do much better than that for the team's only female.

I mean, Marvel must have seen this coming. They put all this effort into making the guys look super and then add only one woman. Of course people are going to want her to hold her own against the other male characters.

Thats what I want too.

I don't think with Whedon at the helm that Scarlett is going to be just a normal love interest. He normally writes strong female characters. I just wish he found a way to bring in another female Avenger.

I don't think with Whedon at the helm that Scarlett is going to be just a normal love interest. He normally writes strong female characters. I just wish he found a way to bring in another female Avenger.

Well, while she's not an avenger, we have Maria Hill serving as another strong female character to the film's list.

Though I wish that Widow's character would have been explored and written better in Iron Man 2, since I didn't feel like her character offered something that i hadn't seen in other characters before.

No more nude pics talk in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"