Scene I'd like to see in Iron Man.

Nightwing 52

Things change
Reaction score
I was thinking of a page from an old Iron Man comic that I read before, and if it's possible I'd like to see it in Favreau's adaption. Basically, it involves Tony Stark in a private jet of his holding a brief case. After, he jumps out of the jet without a parachute and dives into the sky with nothing but a fancy suit along with the case which he opens in mid air. Inside the case is revealed to be holding the Iron Man armor, which Stark starts to suit up in piece by piece until he reaches the helmet. When he's completly done, he flys down to the ground to reach his destination.

Seeing this with whoever Favreau ends up casting for the role on the theater screen, would absolutely be great to see if done right. If of course he chooses to do something along the lines of it...

:eek:

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner, folks. That would so kick ass on the big screen, especially kinda making it like he's the American James Bond. I hope he does do this. :( Infact, I'll ask him myself on his myspace.

The only problem I have with the Iron Man armor in a briefcase is that in reality an suit of armor wouldn't come close to fitting in a briefcase. The scene sounds cool as hell, but maybe he could click a button on his watch and the armor comes to get him. I don't know. I never really read Iron Man. Just the occasional issue here and there, so I don't know how he kept his armor in a briefcase.

Kable24 said:
The only problem I have with the Iron Man armor in a briefcase is that in reality an suit of armor wouldn't come close to fitting in a briefcase. The scene sounds cool as hell, but maybe he could click a button on his watch and the armor comes to get him. I don't know. I never really read Iron Man. Just the occasional issue here and there, so I don't know how he kept his armor in a briefcase.

My memory of it is a bit vague, due to when I read the issue was a very long time ago. But yes, the suit in the briefcase would be a little far fetched consdering it would hold pieces of the head, chest region, arms, and legs. I like your idea of him having some sord of device that brings the all together on him, though. I'm searching for the picture, I'll post it when I find it.

nanobot armor like in that crappy spidey cartoon (i forgot what it was called)

Batman said:
My memory of it is a bit vague, due to when I read the issue was a very long time ago. But yes, the suit in the briefcase would be a little far fetched consdering it would hold pieces of the head, chest region, arms, and legs. I like your idea of him having some sord of device that brings the all together on him, though. I'm searching for the picture, I'll post it when I find it.

Bats, breifcase or not, that scene would KICKASS. :) :up:

Kable24 said:

I agree! Please, no 'metal armor that bends like cloth'!

I'm really hoping iron man's suit will break some new ground....

THe only other armor wearing hero we've seen on screen is steel...and his suit was garbage

Favreau mentioned he'll be using alot of CGI not only for the film, but for the suit as well. So for sure we can expect it to look something along the lines of the comics, and how he envisions it.

I'd rather the suit be done without any CGI. I'm sure they could pull it off only using CGI as a touch up. Any more than that and it looks like a video game half the time.

I know the flying and repulsors and other elements of the movie need CGI and its essential, but the suit shouldn't need it.

Banshee said:
I'd rather the suit be done without any CGI. I'm sure they could pull it off only using CGI as a touch up. Any more than that and it looks like a video game half the time

I know the flying and repulsors and other elements of the movie need CGI and its essential, but the suit shouldn't need it.

He's using a combination of both, it'll be realistic to a certain extent with the CG playing it's part.

Here's what he said.

Jon Favreau: I could picture 70 percent Cg Iron Man , 30 percent costume. Most of the time the CG looks better. Even in organic character shows. Animatronics and puppetry is Too Limited.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a briefcase, but it could be some kind of container or case.

marcvader said:
It doesn't necessarily have to be a briefcase, but it could be some kind of container or case.
tony was always shown to carry his armoe in an attache' case

3dman27 said:
tony was always shown to carry his armoe in an attache' case
That's true but if you want to make this scene reasonably realistic you couldn't have his armor coming out of an attache breifcase.

marcvader said:
That's true but if you want to make this scene reasonably realistic you couldn't have his armor coming out of an attache breifcase.
maybe the waifer thin collapseable armor under his suit?

what about if the briefcase contains the mask and the rest of the suit gets ejected from various parts of the plane, as if he has a suit built into the core of the aircraft as a disguise.

Even without the chest piece, that suitcase is going to have to be huge.

heres something i'd like to see
im facing a trio of armored foes and saying to himself"man i'l gonna NEED this armor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"