The Force Awakens Scenes/sequences you'd like to see in Episode VII?

there are threads for characters and casting and even full story outlines, but what are some of the scenes/sequences you'd like to see in Episode VII?

Obviously we are so far away from things getting fully underway that we have no context to use for our hopes, but that wide open canvas is part of the fun of following these movies in the early stages, so I'll get us underway. :)

- Expanded use of The Force in action sequences: I still think to this day Yoda lifting Luke's X-Wing out of the swamp on Dagobah is the greatest visual representation of a Jedi using the Force in a movie, I'd like to see that change in the new trilogy, I'd particularly like to see a Jedi take down an AT-AT sized vehicle using the Force.

- A scene with Force Ghost Yoda: I know some are worried about "fan service" additions or whatever but I still want to see Yoda make an appearence to help guide one of the probable young Jedi lead characters.

- A duel Lightsaber wielding Jedi: Pretty simple, we got a glimpse of it in AOTC with Anakin but I'd love to see a character who uses this form of Lightsaber combat in a vast array of action scenes.

- A scene of a Jedi constructing his Lightsaber: I'd like to see the full process from collecting the crystal on Ilum to the moment he puts it together, I've wanted to see this on film ever since I saw this piece of art.

I could see the first scene of the movie being a youngling constructing his first lightsaber with old Luke's guidance.
:)

I could see the first scene of the movie being a youngling constructing his first lightsaber with old Luke's guidance.

I would love to see something like this. It would literally and figuratively be a "passing of the torch" to the new generation.

Adding on the Jedi Shinobi or "Ninja" idea:

I would like to see a scene where one uses a personal cloaking device, a la Predator, and uses some type of gecko-like pad technology, a la Spiderman, that is crawling on a ceiling and then ambushes an enemy from above by dropping down on him.

Some ninjutsu style lightbladed weapons would also be nice.
Sai%20Octogon%20Chrome.jpg

640px-Manriki.JPG

Kusarigama.jpg

Shoge_Hook-VL-0220105.gif

1. Chewbacca pulling someone's arms out of their sockets.
2. The Hutt Cartel, played just like the gathering of the Dons in The Godfather, where Corleone and Barzini hug. So every Hutt would have a Gamorrean/Weequay/Nikto enforcer standing behind them, and there would be a Kowakian Monkey-Lizard or two. They would discuss how they'll combine their forces to aid the Jedi against the Lost Tribe.
3. Boba rallying the Mandalorians agaianst the Lost Tribe.
4. A Star Destroyer shoot a laser from space and destroy the Coruscant Senate building.

Mark Hamill and Hayden Christensen in a scene together.

Youre telling me the Jedi have absolutely no influence or inspiration from the Galactic Patrol of the Lensman? They were galactic peacekeepers and defenders of the Republic. You might want to research the history of the Journal of the Whills. E.E. Smith was a major influence. The Jedi Bendu were originally more legendary space samurai than mystical wizards.

...Thats still not a superhero and the key word there is ORIGINALLY. Thats not what we got and thats because Journal of the Whills was rewritten because the studio wasn't big on it. You can make the Jedi superpowerful and awesome, but then that makes them almost a joke and it takes Star Wars away from what it is at it's core. Jedi are like Ben Kenobi and Luke, sneaking around using the force to AVOID conflict, not doing any of the stuff they do in the books or the video games. As cool as that would be to see on the big screen it would be making the Jedi into something of a joke.

...Thats still not a superhero and the key word there is ORIGINALLY. Thats not what we got and thats because Journal of the Whills was rewritten because the studio wasn't big on it. You can make the Jedi superpowerful and awesome, but then that makes them almost a joke and it takes Star Wars away from what it is at it's core. Jedi are like Ben Kenobi and Luke, sneaking around using the force to AVOID conflict, not doing any of the stuff they do in the books or the video games. As cool as that would be to see on the big screen it would be making the Jedi into something of a joke.

I'm going to try answer this as tactfully as possible but you really need stop presenting your views as facts. In ANH Obi-Wan in an old man played by an old actor in a movie with a low budget, he wasn't going to be putting on any big fighting displays. By the time we got to ROTJ and the budget was high Lucas took as many chances as he could to showcase Luke's abilities, just look at him during the rescue of Han, or him taking out the Scout Trooper on the Speederbike.

I'm not sure if I'm misreading you, I personally don't care for a bulk of the Starkiller stuff with him lifting an entire squadron in the air with the Force or disintegrating Stormtroopers, but the much more dynamic Lightsaber action shown in that and TOR game along with the ability to showcase the Force in a little grander scale for a special situation (Not over and over) is a positive thing IMO.

Another sequence I'd like to see is essentially a combination of two of my favourites from the OT, basically a Speederbike chase on a snowy planet. :D

Also as I mentioned in another thread, I'd love to see a full on Rancor action sequence.

That would be cool, I'm looking forward to seeing Luke training the new Jedi Order, better dig that old training remote out. :D

I'd love to see another large-scale space battle, like the Death Star attack in ANH, or even some more dogfights like the TIE Fighter attack against the Falcon. The lack of space battles on that level was something I was disappointed with in the prequels, so I'd like to see them get back to that as well as some next-generation Jedi skills.

And definitely at least a scene with Han and Chewie flying the Falcon. :awesome:

One scene I would really like is to see some Jawas get offworld on their own ship, a spacecrawler, and become space salvage pirates. Anytime there is a big space battle, they sit and wait until its over with and then move in to begin salvaging junk and scrap.

Maybe they even find a junk planet, an old imperial landfill world, where they make a new home at.

I'm going to try answer this as tactfully as possible but you really need stop presenting your views as facts. In ANH Obi-Wan in an old man played by an old actor in a movie with a low budget, he wasn't going to be putting on any big fighting displays. By the time we got to ROTJ and the budget was high Lucas took as many chances as he could to showcase Luke's abilities, just look at him during the rescue of Han, or him taking out the Scout Trooper on the Speederbike.

Thats not entirely accurate. In Return of the Jedi Lucas still sparsely used Lukes powers and when he did it was often as a last resort. Luke did many other things to get through his problems besides fighting. He didn't cut his way through Jabbas palace, he choked two gaurds unconscious and he used his jedi mind tricks. The speederbike chase again was a last resort after crashing his bike and being left on foot. He used to force to trick the Ewoks into thinking C3PO was using his godly abilities.

Not to mention in A New Hope Lucas told Alec Guiness and Prowse that the lightsaber was very heavy and was like "wielding excalibur", so age and Prowses awkwardness in the suit was only half of why the fight was the way it was.

I'm not sure if I'm misreading you, I personally don't care for a bulk of the Starkiller stuff with him lifting an entire squadron in the air with the Force or disintegrating Stormtroopers, but the much more dynamic Lightsaber action shown in that and TOR game along with the ability to showcase the Force in a little grander scale for a special situation (Not over and over) is a positive thing IMO.

Okay I can I agree with you there. The force unleashed REALLY over did it with Star Killer being able to vaporize people and pull a star destroyer out of orbit. I just think the force things need to have a purpose and they have to be few and far between, but a few spectacular demonstrations would be pretty cool and wouldn't do any harm at all. I mean after all don't you stop liking a meal when you eat it everyday? Somethings are just better, in my opinion, when they're spaced out and we leaving wishing there was more.

I'd love to see another large-scale space battle, like the Death Star attack in ANH, or even some more dogfights like the TIE Fighter attack against the Falcon. The lack of space battles on that level was something I was disappointed with in the prequels, so I'd like to see them get back to that as well as some next-generation Jedi skills.

And definitely at least a scene with Han and Chewie flying the Falcon. :awesome:

I've heard a lot of complaints about it but I liked the battle of Courescant in Revenge of the Sith.

Thats not entirely accurate. In Return of the Jedi Lucas still sparsely used Lukes powers and when he did it was often as a last resort. Luke did many other things to get through his problems besides fighting. He didn't cut his way through Jabbas palace, he choked two gaurds unconscious and he used his jedi mind tricks. The speederbike chase again was a last resort after crashing his bike and being left on foot. He used to force to trick the Ewoks into thinking C3PO was using his godly abilities.

Not to mention in A New Hope Lucas told Alec Guiness and Prowse that the lightsaber was very heavy and was like "wielding excalibur", so age and Prowses awkwardness in the suit was only half of why the fight was the way it was.

Luke's plan to rescue Han was based around R2 getting him his new Lightsaber on the Skiff and him slicing up Jabba's pirates while Chewie and Lando got Han out of cuffs, but lets not get into the convoluted plan, Lucas designed the sequence to showcase a Jedi in full flow, something he had been unable to do until then. This is the reason why I also mention the Speederbike scene, again it's designed to show off what Luke the Jedi can do. So yes it is important to have reasons as it is with any good action sequence, but in the end part of writing these new films will be setting up situations within the story that showcase what a Jedi cane do.

He probably just told them that to make them feel better :cwink: since earlier in the movie Luke is waving the Lighstaber around one handed when he first ignites it.

Okay I can I agree with you there. The force unleashed REALLY over did it with Star Killer being able to vaporize people and pull a star destroyer out of orbit. I just think the force things need to have a purpose and they have to be few and far between, but a few spectacular demonstrations would be pretty cool and wouldn't do any harm at all. I mean after all don't you stop liking a meal when you eat it everyday? Somethings are just better, in my opinion, when they're spaced out and we leaving wishing there was more.

Eactly, I think we are pretty much on the same wavelength, it's about making the Force moments make sense and making them really stand out moments as opposed to a common occurence. The thing with Starkiller pulling the Star Destroyer out of orbit was what gave me the idea in my first post for a Jedi stopping an AT-AT, bascially the game took the idea way too far IMO, but the concept is a good one.

Luke's plan to rescue Han was based around R2 getting him his new Lightsaber on the Skiff and him slicing up Jabba's pirates while Chewie and Lando got Han out of cuffs, but lets not get into the convoluted plan, Lucas designed the sequence to showcase a Jedi in full flow, something he had been unable to do until then. This is the reason why I also mention the Speederbike scene, again it's designed to show off what Luke the Jedi can do. So yes it is important to have reasons as it is with any good action sequence, but in the end part of writing these new films will be setting up situations within the story that showcase what a Jedi cane do.

He probably just told them that to make them feel better :cwink: since earlier in the movie Luke is waving the Lighstaber around one handed when he first ignites it.

He might've told them that too because those lightsabers actually glowed with the rotators and didn't want to break a million of them (which Prowse did anyway). Yeah I agree they just need to be written so that it doesn't seem like the Jedi are over powered or just causally using the force like it's normal.

Eactly, I think we are pretty much on the same wavelength, it's about making the Force moments make sense and making them really stand out moments as opposed to a common occurence. The thing with Starkiller pulling the Star Destroyer out of orbit was what gave me the idea in my first post for a Jedi stopping an AT-AT, bascially the game took the idea way too far IMO, but the concept is a good one.

I mean the Star Destroyer idea is one of those things that SOUNDS really cool but is just kinda like "...really" when put into practice. I guess if they get away from the whole midiclorines thing i wouldn't mind it so much.

It definitely would be awesome to have a speederbike chase in the snow...involving lightsabers...

If the Sith are in the new trilogy I definitely want to see this.

Whoever is responsible for these should be heavily involved with the new trilogy at some level!... I know there not new but they are awesome.

I still dont get how the Old Rep stuff literally looks like it could have happned a year before Episode I

Yeah, I've seen that Old Rep trailer and color me ignorant if it doesn't look like the Prequels (a bit more mature) despite being 1000 years before. Sure it has that cowboy dude who is kinda roguish..... but everything else screams Prequels to me. Especially the guard droids.

Yeah, I've seen that Old Rep trailer and color me ignorant if it doesn't look like the Prequels (a bit more mature) despite being 1000 years before. Sure it has that cowboy dude who is kinda roguish..... but everything else screams Prequels to me. Especially the guard droids.

That soldier from the trailer above also looks JUST like a Jango Fett clone too.

I mean the Star Destroyer idea is one of those things that SOUNDS really cool but is just kinda like "...really" when put into practice. I guess if they get away from the whole midiclorines thing i wouldn't mind it so much.

They wont, it is how the Force is quantified, but that is a discussion for another thread, or in my case not all lol.

It definitely would be awesome to have a speederbike chase in the snow...involving lightsabers...

Wasn't there a scene in the old CW toon that had Obi Wan involved in a battle with Durge and some droids, where he was using his Lightsaber while going into battle on a speederbike?

Whoever is responsible for these should be heavily involved with the new trilogy at some level!... I know there not new but they are awesome.

They are clips from the Old Republic game by Bioware, isn't that linked to Lucasfilm?

There definitely has to be an all out space battle, I mean it's Star Wars after all. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"