Schumacherites? Do they exist?

TLH

Hypnotized
Reaction score
Title self explanitory.

Are you one of them? And you can't say "Oh well, I found Schumacher's films not bad"...you've got to contend that Schumacher's Batman films were the best in the series (so this is probably a lost cause) in the same way that Burtonites and Nolanites do it with their respective Batman films.

Anyway, I'm curious. Do any exist on here? If so, I'd really like to hear from you why you think Schumacher's world of Batman, the characters, villians, colors, music, was so great that it would be construed to you as the best.

I´m definitely not one and I don´t any Batman comics fans who are like that, but I know that his Batman movies have his share of defenders, small as it may be. Some older fans still have the Adam West Batman as their favorite and think that, tonally, Schumacher´s version, especially in B & R, gets the closest from that. There also are those who think blockbusters in general should always be lighthearted fun and not take themselves seriously, which B&R also fits in. Probably a lot of kids who are too young to understand how dumb these movies are may think that as well.

I have often defended that, especially if you look at the DVD with the deleted scenes, beneath the several problems of Forever - the neons, the campy villains, the one-liners, the nipples, etc. - that movie has the most accomplished Bruce/Batman arc of the Burton/Schumacher series, and it would have even predated some elements from Batman Begins it those scenes hadn´t been cut.

Well, I think that this is going to be a pretty much lost cause. There are some that think Forever is the best one, and believe it or not, there have been a couple that like B&R best. I do not think, however, that there are any that feel both films are the best in the series. Plus, this place is so biased against Schumacher, I doubt anyone would really come out and say it anyway, for not wanting to get into stupid arguments.

Schumacher's a god director

While Nolan’s nothing but a sanctimonious cur who's trying to make his mark!

Lol

C’mon now …
Jackass!

I´m definitely not one and I don´t any Batman comics fans who are like that, but I know that his Batman movies have his share of defenders, small as it may be. Some older fans still have the Adam West Batman as their favorite and think that, tonally, Schumacher´s version, especially in B & R, gets the closest from that. There also are those who think blockbusters in general should always be lighthearted fun and not take themselves seriously, which B&R also fits in. Probably a lot of kids who are too young to understand how dumb these movies are may think that as well.

I have often defended that, especially if you look at the DVD with the deleted scenes, beneath the several problems of Forever - the neons, the campy villains, the one-liners, the nipples, etc. - that movie has the most accomplished Bruce/Batman arc of the Burton/Schumacher series, and it would have even predated some elements from Batman Begins it those scenes hadn´t been cut.

Batman is too much of a Halloween character for me
I could never see him fit in the real world, and I think that it’s pathetic for a director
To make it so
His greatest enemies are all a bunch of Halloweens characters

I even compare the scarecrow to a Halloween pumpkin
The joker and the penguin are Halloweens witches and warlocks
Catwoman is a black cat of course!
And what about this Halloween “rumplestillskin” …the Riddler
And that fairy that live amongst plants "poison ivy"

Bruce Wayne lives in a cave and worship bats and even wears the “emblem”
He is obsess by the bats
All his crazy tools are about bats .

I guess the authors was sublimely inspired by Halloweens

And I guess you can say the same thing for superman (“Even though it's less obvious”)
his fortress is in the North Pole and his red cape and boots reminds us the father Christmas colors

What is the S stand for anyways?
Santa Claus
Lol

Ah crap!

I liked Batman Forever quite a bit, although the movie did have it's fair share of problems, namely the characterization of Two-Face.

I have never seen anyone gallantly defend the Schumacher movies the way Bat fans defend the Burton and Nolan ones.

I'll defend Batman Forever to no end, but that's all the credit I'll give to Schumacher.

and you can't really blame B&R on Schumacher entirely. I don't think that was even his vision, that was the studio.

Title self explanitory.

Are you one of them? And you can't say "Oh well, I found Schumacher's films not bad"...you've got to contend that Schumacher's Batman films were the best in the series (so this is probably a lost cause) in the same way that Burtonites and Nolanites do it with their respective Batman films.

Anyway, I'm curious. Do any exist on here?
If so, I'd really like to hear from you why you think Schumacher's world of Batman, the characters, villians, colors, music, was so great that it would be construed to you as the best.

Not on these boards, but absolutely there are some people. Certainly many of the older generation who grew up knowing Adam West as Batman and found Burton's movies completely out of sinc with what they imagine Batman to be.

I think Batman Forever worked in the sense that the film was what the majority of the general public wanted to see in the summer of 1995 when the film made it's debut with it's decidedly more lighter and more extravagant approach.

By 1997, not so much.

Batman is too much of a Halloween character for me
I could never see him fit in the real world, and I think that it’s pathetic for a director
To make it so
His greatest enemies are all a bunch of Halloweens characters

I even compare the scarecrow to a Halloween pumpkin
The joker and the penguin are Halloweens witches and warlocks
Catwoman is a black cat of course!
And what about this Halloween “rumplestillskin” …the Riddler
And that fairy that live amongst plants "poison ivy"

Bruce Wayne lives in a cave and worship bats and even wears the “emblem”
He is obsess by the bats
All his crazy tools are about bats .

I guess the authors was sublimely inspired by Halloweens

And I guess you can say the same thing for superman (“Even though it's less obvious”)
his fortress is in the North Pole and his red cape and boots reminds us the father Christmas colors

What is the S stand for anyways?
Santa Claus
Lol

Ah crap!

ha ha. true, in a sense. they're all archetypes, it's goes past Halloween

I think at best some people would simply the think the schumacher movies are "okay". harmless if not slightly stupid fun that you watch and forget. i can't imagie they'd have prescribed fans who go around talking about great they. Anyone who does so (including here) is grasping at straws and being contrary to get attention. either that or they're seven

I'm not a Schumacherite, but I like Batman Forever. I feel his original intention and vision would have been pretty good.

I still rank the old franchises films as:

1.) Batman
2.) Batman Forever
3.) Batman Returns
4.) Batman & Robin

-R

Funny. Last night I had made this caption, joking with this possibility, you know, that Schumacher may perhaps be the only Schumacherite known...

But I still think BF had a potential of being a great movie.

There few people like what Shumacher did with the Batman franchise.

I actually enjoy both Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, but in know what are they better than the Burton and Nolan films. Except maybe cinematography. BF had fantastic cinematography...

I thought Batman Forever was decent, but Batman and Robin was just painful to watch.

I thought Batman Forever was decent, but Batman and Robin was just painful to watch.
I found them both VERY painful just B&R more just because it's got more crappy one liners and bigger bat nipples...But still BF was hell too...

this never occurred to me before, but ive seen Forever and Batman and Robin more times than any of the other movies combined.

I enjoy both Batman Forever and even Batman & Robin for what they are. But a Schumacherite, I cannot claim to be. I like half of his films. When I'm going off on BF and B&R I'm mostly just joking, but I will defend them when someone seriously bashes certain aspects that were actually right about the movies.

I found them both VERY painful just B&R more just because it's got more crappy one liners and bigger bat nipples...But still BF was hell too...

I don't blame you either. Both movies had their share of ****ty dialogue, but I just found BF easier to watch. This was mainly due to Jim Carrey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"