First Avenger Score / Soundtrack for Captain America

I just hope it doesn't sound too much like a retread of the Saving Private Ryan type score. While that is a great score, it'd be just too obvious.

I just hope it doesn't sound too much like a retread of the Saving Private Ryan type score. While that is a great score, it'd be just too obvious.

Agreed, I Don't really like it when composers will re-use some the same sounds but for separate films, And something especially like Cap (or any other super hero film) needs to have it's own unique sound like Iron Man did

^I really like the Medal of Honor one. That's the way to use similar instruments yet make it completely different from the SPR score.

i think im one of the few people i know who actually likes Trevor Rabin's score for Armageddon...the one in that vid is my favorite one.

Whoever does the score, it needs to sound classic and iconic. Cap needs a "hummable" theme IMO, because he's never had an iconic movie theme the way Superman or Batman have.

Good ol' John Williams could whip up a hummable theme. There's atleast one hummable theme from all of his movies.

I think Hans Zimmer has a greater array of battle scores. I think he can carry those World War II battle scenes very well.

BTW, you forgot John Ottman. The man behind the X-Men films, and of course the infamous Valkyrie.

Last edited:
I cast my vote to James Horner as I feel that Hans Zimmer has done too much lately. Him to score Thor I wouldn't oppose at all. Michael Giacchino certainly has done some fine work as of late. Loved his work on Star Trek. Sounded so grand and epic in scale. Loved how the Alexander Courage theme blended with his new theme. It was amazing.

Harry Gregson-Williams too is very good. I used to blast his MGS theme alot in the past. Even if John Williams is appointed the task of scoring Captain America I won't object either.

i love williams work, but i rather have some new blood composer myself.

Good ol' John Williams could whip up a hummable theme. There's atleast one hummable theme from all of his movies.

I Challenge ANYONE to show one that doesn't have one... Nuff Said

I cast my vote to James Horner as I feel that Hans Zimmer has done too much lately. Him to score Thor I wouldn't oppose at all. Michael Giacchino certainly has done some fine work as of late. Loved his work on Star Trek. Sounded so grand and epic in scale. Loved how the Alexander Courage theme blended with his new theme. It was amazing.

Harry Gregson-Williams too is very good. I used to blast his MGS theme alot in the past. Even if John Williams is appointed the task of scoring Captain America I won't object either.

He is good, but allot of his work seems to not sound much deferent from his past work, But he still is very good :up:

you know, I really wanted to hear Dean Martin's Wham Bam thank you ma'am while Cap is beating up nazis but it looks like Fallout has done it first with mutants :csad:. Oh well, not suprising really since my dream for a Captain America film is sort of Bioshock/Fallout inspired (Fantasy elements meet period piece)

[YT]ysJMfaESLE8[/YT]

I've also been looking at a lot of American propoganda music of the era and here's some I thought might be cool.

Coming in on a wing and a prayer-
[YT]B69CquvLHgY[/YT]

I could see this being a good one for demonstrating Steve's leadership- 'I'll walk alone'
[YT]ZNwRhzuk20s[/YT]

and perhaps when poor Doctor Erskine meets his fate- When the lights go on again all over the world.
[YT]hcUFNfPnLy8[/YT]

Word on the street is John Powell atm.
I wouldn't mind hearing a source. Honestly though, that's great news. Powell is an incredibly talented guy. His score for X-Men 3 elevated that movie in a way I can't describe.

I'd love to get a source for that too, but... John Powell would be great! I loved the Shrek and X-Men 3 scores. I've been listening to samples of How to Train Your Dragon and I've gotta say that score's pretty fab too. I'd bet he could come up with a great theme for Cap...

Provided he's the composer, of course.

Has Powell created memorable scores? X-Men 3 was good but I don't exactly remember any part of it...and Shrek has an extremely memorable score.

I like the idea of Powell scoring Captain America. It does seem strange, having an English composer score a strictly American superhero film.

I don't think there's room for Powell to fit his synths and electronics in CA, if he's the composer. Which means a fully orchestral score, which is what we got for X3 (an incredible score).

John Williams. Score should be something like in Indiana Jones movies.

Since Richard Wagner was Hitler's favourite composer it would be interesting to have the Skull listen to some epic Wagner tunes at some point in the movie.

Perhaps either the flying dutchmen...
[YT]XJtrXqRu9K8[/YT]

or Entrance of the gods into Valhalla
[YT]

djDZatmdUgc&feature=related

[/YT]

John Powell Is great. Like many know, he gave one of the few truly great things in X3.

the score.

Awesome :up:

Doyle and Powell could give us the big themes we've been craving next year.

Doyle and Powell could give us the big themes we've been craving next year.

Someone on JWFan says Powell isn't in the running to score Captain America, but rather someone else. He wouldn't elaborate on who it was, though. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"