Homecoming score thread

Spider-knight

Sidekick
Reaction score
so since the second movie is done and the third movie is in the works let's talk about which new composer we want in the new film. for starters i'd like any of these guys:

henry jackman:

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBIeDmtsj-E[/YT]

john ottman:

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fhKbxFFO64[/YT]

bryan tyler:

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53BpoenzYrc[/YT]

christophe beck:

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmJbLbzbZBU[/YT]

Last edited:
so since the second movie is done and the third movie is in the works let's talk about which new composer we want in the new film. for starters i'd like any of these guys:

henry jackman:

[YT]iBIeDmtsj-E[/YT]

john ottman:

[YT]0fhKbxFFO64[/YT]

bryan tyler:

[YT]53BpoenzYrc[/YT]

christophe beck:

[YT]HmJbLbzbZBU[/YT]

Fixed, fixed, fixed, and fixed.

thank you :)

so who do you want score the third movie? it can be anyone from tv, movies, or games

Personally I'm more than happy for Zimmer to return. He's doing a great job creating a consistent melody for the Sinister Six IMO. Listen to "Still Crazy" and tell me the section from 0:08 to 0:28:
[YT]watch?v=mMw67DHYuaQ[/YT]
Doesn't sound similar to Rhino's theme from "You're that Spider Guy" (1:32-2:14)
[YT]watch?v=_63IEVjykvQ[/YT]
It's like they're formed from the same musical DNA, imagine how good six variations of that same motif would sound working in tandem with one another.

Personally I'm more than happy for Zimmer to return. He's doing a great job creating a consistent melody for the Sinister Six IMO. Listen to "Still Crazy" and tell me the section from 0:08 to 0:28:
[YT]mMw67DHYuaQ[/YT]
Doesn't sound similar to Rhino's theme from "You're that Spider Guy" (1:32-2:14)
[YT]_63IEVjykvQ[/YT]
It's like they're formed from the same musical DNA, imagine how good six variations of that same motif would sound working in tandem with one another.

Fixed those vids for you.

I'd be happy with either Horner or Zimmer returning.

I still really love James horner's score for TASM, i would love if them brought him back.

I still really love James horner's score for TASM, i would love if them brought him back.

No no no I cant belive how many people like his soundtrack. Zimmers was one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard and he is one of the best composers ever and horner's was mediocre at best bring zimmer back!

it's not like Zimmer was perfect either, the main theme was kinda bleh

and the horns are mixed annoyingly sharp

Actually my main problem with TASM 2's score, is that they didn't keep The Hero's theme from TASM, it fitted perfect for this series, it was uniqe to this series, i wish they had kept the remixed version from the SDCC trailer!

I didn't care for the main theme like the sm 1-3 them more but everthing else that zimmer did was perfect cant stop listening to the soundtrack. ASM1 had like 4 good songs everthing else sucked.

Actually my main problem with TASM 2's score, is that they didn't keep The Hero's theme from TASM, it fitted perfect for this series, it was uniqe to this series, i wish they had kept the remixed version from the SDCC trailer!

Any where to find that remixed them for SDCC that you are talking about?

I liked both Horners and Zimmer's main theme (melody, anyway).

The problem is that they're different. I want the same theme for all of the movies.

i like zimmer's score. it's what i imagine when spidey is sneaking around, figuring stuff out and when there is something dark involved like in kraven's last hunt or grim hunt and most of zimmer's score is what i hear in ultimate spiderman and those were before the movies were released

Me too.

Becoming Spider-man is one of my favs.

IKR! every time i listen to that song it brings me back to 2012! memories :) i also like "Saving New york, and "Oscorp tower

Last edited:

Overall I enjoyed Zimmer's score however you are correct. The main theme in ASM2 is awful--and imo this has a lot to do with the instrumentation and the sharp notes. Way too brassy for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"