Scream 5 in Development

I'm guessing this will be a reboot/remake of sorts, if true.

I'm down for it, I guess. I love the Scream franchise.

'Scream' Reboot to Be Directed by 'Ready or Not' Filmmakers (Exclusive)

Matthew Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett, who along with colleague Chad Villela are known as the collective horror filmmaking group Radio Silence, are on board to helm the horror thriller. Bettinelli-Olpin and Gillett, who directed last year’s cult horror hit Ready or Not, will helm while Villela will act as one of the producers.

Details on this latest iteration of Scream are scarce. It is unclear whether it’s a reboot or a continuation of the story, which is the tact taken by the movie sequels. It is also unclear if Spyglass is taking a multi-platform approach to the horror brand.

zBpWKqe.gif

Last edited:
awesome! I do hope its connected to the first 4 in some way, even if it doesn't feature the same characters.

Last edited:
I enjoy the movies for their self referential nature, it's just part of the fun.

I'm all in. I personally really enjoyed Ready or Not. Will be interesting to see how they approach a new Scream movie.

Ready enjoyed Ready or Not so this is a pleasant surprise.

Just checked out Ready or Not last night. Loved it! Im confident these guys can pull it off.

I mean besides this whole Weinstein saga, with Charmed and a few other movies Rose McGowan did okay for herself too.

As a big fan of this franchise, I'm curious. I've been wanting to see Ready or Not but judging from the trailers it's got a similar sense of humor with Scream. The key is to cook up a motive for the killer in terms of where media is and what's currently going on in horror. Even if it was 2011 the fourth covered pretty well what the rest of the decade was in terms of people wanting to be celebrities from social media and recreating the original. Even the first two's killers motives and ideas remain relevant.

You could do something post truth with it. God, I'd even love to see a twist on the whole Jordan Peele social commentary thing.

Samara Weaving gets a role because I freaking say so damn it! I have the authority clearly .

Looks like Neve might be coming back!

"They've come to me and we're having conversations. It's a little hard at the moment because of Covid to know when that will happen and hopefully we can see eye to eye on all the elements that have to come into place for it to happen. I originally had been really apprehensive about doing another 'Scream' without Wes (Craven) because he was such a genius and he is the reason they were (what they were) but the Directors have come to me with such an great appreciation for Wes's work and they really want to honor it and that meant a lot to me and hopefully we'll be able to do it".

https://www.wewatchedamovie.com/pos...eo9Tb6PPLfavSJZMVgX6BBq3cfqlU7GGV6Zs0TqADW65c

Always possible, but I don’t see it that way. I think in the same way that the others took on a specific component of a franchise (sequel escalation in 2, wrapping up a trilogy in 3, remakes/reboots in 4), I think this might look to something like the most recent Halloween and show what 25 years of this **** has really done to Sidney.

Not by ignoring all but the first like Halloween did, because then it’d just be ripping that movie off, but really work everything in. By the time this hits, it’ll be a decade since 4, when the trauma of her teen years manifested all over again by warping the mind of her teenaged cousin. I think it’s fair to say she wouldn’t be all that well off after the events of that film. Show that trauma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"