Jessica Jones Season 1, Episode 1 "AKA Ladies Night" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Pwoper Nereguar

Civilian
Reaction score
1zvzybd.jpg

A Reminder That This Thread Is Only To Discuss Episode 1: AKA Ladies Night

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Jessica Jones is hired to find a pretty NYU student who''s vanished, but it turns out to be more than a simple missing persons case.

Trailer
[YT]nWHUjuJ8zxE[/YT]​

I really want to watch this the moment it drops, but I have class on Fri and already pulled an all-nighter the day before, so I guess I have to settle for Friday evening.

Last edited:
Binge watching the entire season Saturday!

Have fun watching it live, so to speak. Shall catch up on the fun tomorrow

"one of them"

Maybe the guy in the car thinks she's an Inhuman

It goes in line with what happened earlier this season on Agents of Shield.

Just finished this. That was some excccellen TV right there. Stopping at one tonight. More tomorrow.

Am I the only one wondering if Luke has powers already after his "you will [break]' comment?

Just got done..

RItter owns this role
Colter isperfect as Cage
Havent even seen Kilgrave yet but dude is a complete monster..

dat ending...lawd

7abb8af3c1ff80cb6d89c4dde0d3fb29.jpg

Oh...why do I have to have plans during the day that mean I can only do one tonight? :funny:

Oh god, I know right? I thought
she was going to shoot herself too. Turned out to be much much worse.

Anyone else see in that shot just before cutting to Hope and her saying 'smile', it looked like she had no eyes/hollow sockets?

Also, maybe reading too much into it. But Killgrave took Hope away, hope too. Intentional on the writers' parts?

love the fact that the first time you see Luke he's in a gold t-shirt!

Still no Avengers tower.....damn that really just gets under my skin with these netflix shows.

Okay this was just very, very GOOOOOOOD.

The term that needs to be thrown around is simply QUALITY. Quality writing, quality cast, quality production values. Ritter and the rest of the cast all made an impact and intrigued with just one episode. I guess that's the way a "mystery" show can have an advantage. You can dole out info bit by bit. Still... Things have to be compelling in the first place though and this worked.

Now... I will say I did think that this had a bit... A BIT... Of "trying too hard". From language to the mattress rodeo moments, it seemed to be hitting us over the head with it's "grit" at times. But... Again it was 95% of the time doing an incredible job with it's various elements.

Ritter was the glue, and she held this together for sure. Jones is interesting, no nonsense and obviously damaged to a great degree and living her life day to day is a psychic struggle for her. I am looking forward to seeing how the evolution of her across the episodes goes.

Now I read the book for a bit in spurts but have never read the entire run so I am not sure exactly how much I will or will not be surprised in the next few episodes but I am looking forward to finding out.

Just finished this. That was some excccellen TV right there. Stopping at one tonight. More tomorrow.

Am I the only one wondering if Luke has powers already after his "you will [break]' comment?

It was confirmed he has wasn't it, if not then yes i think he has. I think his own series will have flashbacks.

Also great episode, right on par with DD. Already looking forward to Matt and Jessica meeting, they are very much opposite in a lot of ways.

Excellent opening episode. Love the vibe. Great cast.

Better than Daredevil's ep1, from what I recall (haven't seen it since it came out).

Great opening episode. It did a great job of setting the tone. Ritter is fantastic in this. I genuinely gasped out loud at the ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"