Jessica Jones Season 1, Episode 1 "AKA Ladies Night" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

If you didn't know Krysten Ritter is a highly talented actress before, you definitely will after watching this first episode. Wow.

I also like how they arent using her powers so much yet. You just see hints of what she can do. The ending was dark as hell. That was like some Se7en stuff

Does anyone else love the mix of neo noir crime thriller and super hero mythology? I think its such a great combo for these shows.

Well Shame on me of falling Asleep before the launch. Woke up around 5:30 couldn't go back to sleep so I figured what the hell let watch the 1st Episode.

Overall a Fantastic Episode liked the tone and I really love Ritter as Jessica Jones. I liked that they kept Kilgrave hidden somewhat in the 1st episode just like how they kept the Kingpin Hidden. Don't really know what Episode he offically comes into the picture but already he seems like a monster.

I mean if his plans all along was for Jessica to find Hope just for Hope to kill her Parents that is scary and creepy with what she said at the end of doing it. Yep Kilgrave is a real monster and I can't wait to explore what Twisted stuff he does in this season more. Time for the Next Episode.

Last edited:
Holy crap that ending! On to episode 2 in a little bit.

Great opener. Very impressed with everything from acting to the intro. Sadly i have a super busy weekend so most likely wont be able to watch but few more episodes.

That was amazing. I didn't fall in love with the cast as quickly as I did with Daredevil but that ending made up for it.

Yeah, I have a feeling that the show is gonna have lots of those final five minute "holy cow" moments similar to LOST and 24, which is a good thing.

In fact while plot wise it's obviously not a "mystery" show like lost, in tems of the way the characters are so real and so sharply written so far, JJ gave me a strong "LOST at it's best" vibe in the first two eps.

Those final minutes... Holy ****.

Really liked Luke from the little we saw of him, and Killgrave seems terrifying. Can't wait to see what's to come...

A lot more adult than I anticipated and went into dark places that DD didn't. Appreciably so. Some nice flourishes I thought (other than the ending OMG moment) were when

Jessica and Luke
watched Netflix and chilled rather intensely -- the first character-driven sex scene in a superhero live action? He didn't want to break her and she wasn't afraid/didn't care that she would.

Jessica found
Hope and had to drag her out forcibly as Hope reacted like someone struggling with substance withdrawal.

In the lift and Hope started to
draw her gun out and you notice her bag was in a shade of purple.

Still no Avengers tower.....damn that really just gets under my skin with these netflix shows.

Oh relax. We know they exist in the same world and there's always Easter eggs and references. And hello we even saw the tower on the Poster, right above Jessica's head. Chill out.

jessica-jones-poster-tennant-ritter.jpg

A lot more adult than I anticipated and went into dark places that DD didn't. Appreciably so. Some nice flourishes I thought (other than the ending OMG moment) were when

Jessica and Luke
watched Netflix and chilled rather intensely -- the first character-driven sex scene in a superhero live action? He didn't want to break her and she wasn't afraid/didn't care that she would.

Technically Bruce and Vicki did, off screen.

Talia and Bruce officially did in TDKRises.

I'm new to JJ, is Carrie Ann Moss' character an important Marvel thing or just JJ?

Does Jessica have magical powers as well, was confused on the flashback scene?

I'm new to JJ, is Carrie Ann Moss' character an important Marvel thing or just JJ?

Does Jessica have magical powers as well, was confused on the flashback scene?

Moss is playing a female version of a lawyer who works for Iron Fist's company in the comics

Oh relax. We know they exist in the same world and there's always Easter eggs and references. And hello we even saw the tower on the Poster, right above Jessica's head. Chill out.

I know they exist in the same world. So where is the tower in the skyline...if it exists on the poster there and in the movies, why not in the show? Why is the previous building back? Was it renovated into stark tower, then avengers tower then back to met life (daredevil), then the Avengers tower again and back to the met life building only to likely be back to Avengers tower in Civil War? Or spider-man? and disappear for the rest of the shows? It's a very big and frankly stupid error on their part. Something I thought Marvel would be beyond by now.

And don't tell me to chill out again. I wasn't freaking out and shouting the shows are ****, 1/10 etc etc. It's a huge error that I was pointing out in others 10/10 shows IMO, but the absence of something that should be there, something frankly iconic, doesn't move, and features in their promotions.

It's likely not cheap to render it out for all the shots of the city. I'm sure they'd like to have the tower in the skyline, but could very well be a cost thing

With respect, they probably weren't too worried about CG rendering Avengers Tower.

Really good first episode and that ending really stayed with me afterwards. I expect this to grow, just like Daredevil did, so everything points to another fantastic season of Netflix MCU.

Goddamn, that was dark. The ending really set the tone.

It's fairly obvious that the reason why Jessica wasn't afraid of Luke "breaking" her in bed was:

-She knows that she has super-strength and endurance.
-She DOESN'T know that he does as well, at least not yet.

And the reverse is true from Luke's perspective.

EPISODE 1: AKA LADIES NIGHT
That was one hell of an opener! At first, JESSICA JONES did not feel as immediately gripping as DAREDEVIL. It started off feeling a lot like standard procedural fare, elevated to some degree by a great performance from Krysten Ritter as the compellingly broken Jessica Jones. But as the episode unfolded, it revealed in its back-half a real darkness and menace, the tension steadily building to heart-in-your-mouth levels. By layers it got more and more harrowing, and by episode's end we have reached some of the nastiest, most vicious terrain yet seen in a Marvel Studios production. Much of this menace comes from Purple Man, who at this stage is more a creation of masterful writing and direction than performance as David Tennant has only appeared in momentary flashbacks, but yet still his presence casts a cloud over everything. Other characters like Luke Cage and Tricia Walker only get brief appearances, but seem set to become more interesting later. Off to a rousing start!

I really liked how they don't really waste a lot of time showing you just who Jessica is and what the tone of the show is. Great job of playing up the drama and hard-hitting nature of the story elements.

This is gonna be fun. Epic binge session coming.

This episode was pretty great. Ending shocked me quite a bit tho. In a good way.

I really liked how they don't really waste a lot of time showing you just who Jessica is and what the tone of the show is. Great job of playing up the drama and hard-hitting nature of the story elements.

This is gonna be fun. Epic binge session coming.

I was gonna just watch 3 episodes tonight. That resolution lasted until about an hour after finishing episode 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"