Cloak & Dagger Season 1 Episode 10 - Colony Collapse

Discussion in 'Past Marvel Series' started by Mike Murdock, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Mike Murdock Registered

Season Finale is tonight. I also like the title as well.

2. Mike Murdock Registered

Can't say I expected a full-fledged zombie movie to break out.

3. Morg Super Moderator

and don't forget if you never seen Runaways it will air right after the show

4. Mike Murdock Registered

I liked a lot of this episode, but I didn't love the whole thing. I was a little confused by how they resolved everything. That being said, the emotional beats were great, the music was great, and the post-credit scene was fun.

Season Two will be Mayhem!

5. Panacea Registered

Not sure I agree about the music, the song during the climax seemed wildly inappropriate at the time to me.

Does anyone who (if anyone) O'Reilly is supposed to be in her new form?

6. SPO2 Dalisay Rebel in exile, again.

I was starting to think Evita got it wrong and Detective O'Reily was the dying half of the divine pair and Ty and Tandy are something different.

When that Terror was going after a hiding Mina I couldn't help be see Jack Nicholson and "Hereees Johnny"

7. chicagodave Registered

Its been confirmed O'Reilly will be playing mayhem. The tag line for next season directly says: 2019 spring will be mayhem.

8. Panacea Registered

I wonder if she'll fly. The TV shows seem to shy away from that for the most part.

9. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I liked the finale. Wasn't exactly how I expected things to end for certain characters. It was cool to see them finally being able to touch.

10. Mike Murdock Registered

Mayhem. Exactly the same as the comics.

I had considered that. The issue is things didn't stop immediately, unlike most of the prior examples. Also, who is her pair? That being said, considering they got their history of the War of 1812 completely wrong, I'm not convinced that the divine pairing stories are 100% true.

I'm sure it was a deliberate reference.

11. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I think this needed to be stretched to a 2 parter. Too much happened and was wrapped up in this 1 episode. It felt odd and not enough was properly explained. I know some stuff is being left for another season, but I think we needed to learn more about the power Roxxon was mining. It's also weird that the show basically had no central villain. The bad cop I think was given proper explanation and development, but the Roxxon head wasn't. He was barely in it.

Overall as a season, it may be my favorite Non-Netflix Marvel season collectively. But the finale did feel rushed. I do like how this episode name dropped Rand & Stark though. It's all connected after all :cwink:

12. SPO2 Dalisay Rebel in exile, again.

On another board a Chris responded to me and came up with this theory:

13. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

That theory makes 100% sense :up: I am operating under that assumption now. Only 1 of them was meant to be in the divine pairing, but the accident split it up.

14. inomilan Registered

This ep was the only one I felt that was rushed in the whole season so that was weird. But not as weird at that music during the climax lol. I really liked O'Reilly so I'm sad she had to die and become Mayhem.

15. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Yeah, the music made me laugh in the final moment. Not what I expected to hear.

16. X-Ray Ippiki-ookami

I hated that cover of a great Styx song. The slow tune that played out through the story telling of past divines was okay. But when the lyrics kicked in for that final moment. It just didn't work.

I buy that theory about Orielly being the dying half the divine.

Quasar likes this.
  17. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Few references this episode.

I wonder why Tandy didn't ask Ty to move in with her and her mom. No one knows they know each other. It would be better than living in some stank church.

Too bad Mayhem and Punisher won't cross paths.

18. SPO2 Dalisay Rebel in exile, again.

He is still wanted for the murder of a police officer. Even if he can teleport away at any time if he is seen then he puts her mom at risk.

If he was willing to chance it he might as well live in his own house and teleport out when police arrive. But then Ty, despite putting himself in Connors gunsights twice doesn't have Tandy's confidence to use his powers without his brother's cloak

#18 SPO2 Dalisay, Aug 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  19. Mike Murdock Registered

I don't know what evidence they manufactured to prove he committed murder (my takeaway is they would just arrest and kill him and never try to prove it), but I have to imagine that all the people who would testify against him are now dead.

That being said, it makes sense for him to be on the safe side and hide. You never know with that corrupt police department.

20. SPO2 Dalisay Rebel in exile, again.

It doesn't matter if witnesses against Tyrone are missing or dead. Ty remains the escaped prime suspect and there is no reason for a cold case squad to take over and start the case from the beginning

21. Mike Murdock Registered

My point is, assuming the people chasing him are planning to bring him to trial instead of execute him, there isn't any evidence I'm aware of against him.

22. Shakel92 Registered

I'm going to be the odd guy and admit I really liked the music. Yes, it was corny, but I really like the song and it was appropriate, IMO.

BTW, this is a GREAT show. I doubt it will happen, but I'd love a crossover with one of the other Marvel shows, since one with the movies will probably never happen.

23. UltimatePyro9 Registered

Since when has this NOPD been fair? Technically, Conners confessed to murder and was still let out.

24. SPO2 Dalisay Rebel in exile, again.

He already was captured once and put in the plausible deniability room awaiting execution. I would not take a second chance even if I had the ability to teleport under most conditions.

25. Mike Murdock Registered

OK, let me repeat my initial post and see if we're actually agreeing here:

1. It doesn't make sense to believe they could actually convict him.
    2. It still makes sense to run and hide because it's possible there are other corrupt cops who might execute him.