Season 1, Episode 12 "Home" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Discussion in 'The Punisher' started by flickchick85, Nov 17, 2017.

1. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

[​IMG]

EPISODE 12: "Home"

Use spoiler tags when discussing the events of any future episodes.

2. strangelove

strangelove you discussed me

The exclamation mark of the show, while the following episode an awesome after heat.

3. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

I had thought the gore in this show was surprisingly tame for the Punisher until this episode. Damn! I like how things went down for the most part. I thought the exchange was smart, the video system was clever (using past established rules for a new purpose). I thought Agent Orange going complete psycho was effective. The only thing I didn't really like were the sex scenes mixed with the torture scenes. I get what they were going for, but it just felt odd. To me, happy moments of family make more sense.

The end about the debate over taking him to the hospital feels like a moot point. That man needs modern medicine.

Four and a Half Stars.

4. BestGirl

BestGirl Chillin' on Dragonstone

Rawlins was truly despicable by the end. I'm glad Billy untied Frank just enough to let him kill him. It's cool how Billy fears Frank yet also plainly likes and respects him. Frank's relationships with everyone are just so interesting.

Yay at Micro surviving!

It was pretty dumb of Billy to bring Frank back to Micro's safehouse, though. He knew Madani and Micro were working together, so it would have been more reasonable to assume that Madani had their address.

5. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Is it possible to survive that much blood loss?

Frank seemed pretty well healed in a matter of hours. He was up and about despite cracked ribs and a damaged lung. Not to mention the litany of gunshot wounds and other damage he had been dealt in the days leading up to this confrontation.

6. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

This certainly was a bloody episode.

I was laughing at Agent Orange and Billy because what if Frank really didn’t know the password?

The sex scenes were mad awkward. I was like “Are they trying to say that Frank was getting off from this beating?”

7. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

I think it was more Frank was trying to focus on something in order to get through his torture. Also being so close to death and seeing his wife again. Sort of on the edge of giving up and just letting it take him.

8. strangelove

strangelove you discussed me

The episode ending nicely referenced the choice he made in Born, sort of. And clearly wanting to go back on that choice afterwards.

9. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Damn I thought Micro was out. His poor family..they've been put through the ringer seeing their 'dead' dad/husband 'die' again.

10. hellblazer103

hellblazer103 Nasty Piece of Work

I actually think it's a little bit of both. Frank imagining a better time to get through his ordeal, while also realizing more and more throughout the whole thing that the world he's in.... THIS is his home now, and deep down, he ****ing LOVES it. That primal rage, the violence, the bloodshed ... it's what gets him off, or at least a part of him. Hence the eventual fantasy of Frank letting go of Maria's hand and stating "this is my home now " or something along those lines.

11. Speed Force

Speed Force Your phone's charged

Rawlins was scum. Can't wait to see how this all wraps up.

12. Brother Jack

Brother Jack Believer

It's a bittersweet irony that by choosing to live he's in a sense abandoning his family and staying in the fight. He loves war as much as he ever did his family, perhaps even more. His home is the fight; to give that up would be him giving up his own life.

13. righthooksrus86

righthooksrus86 Well-Known Member

"You hit like a b***h Rawlins!!!!"

14. m1ll3r

m1ll3r Failed experiment

Mmmmm. Roy Batty would approve.

15. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

Two former best friends, both killed field partners of Homeland Security director Dinah Madani. Things are getting more intense.