Black Lightning Season 1, Episode 13- Shadow of Death: "The Book of War"

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
SEASON FINALE

THE SHOWDOWN - The aftermath of the showdown with Black Lightning (Cress Williams) leaves everyone reeling. Meanwhile, Tobias (Marvin Jones III) gathers his forces. Nafessa Williams, China Anne McClain, Christine Adams and Damon Gupton also star. The episode was written by Charles D. Holland and directed by Salim Akil (#113). Original airdate 4/17/2018.

Read more: Listings - BLACK LIGHTNING on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20180405cw01/#ixzz5BrG25LSk

[YT]t86J6JOez8o[/YT]

Man, having the villain use MAGA is going to trigger some conservatives.

I wonder if Jennifer will power up for the fight too.

[YT]ds3pXb929fY[/YT]

I was hoping for something spectacular in the finale, but there was mostly flashbacks of Jefferson's younger years along with Jennifer using her powers to restore her dad's.

Excellent first season. I can't wait till it returns. :mnm:.

I thought the finale was great. A good end to the season while, of course, teasing the future.

I haven’t said much about it, but the soundtrack for this show is great and I hope any changes in budget don’t affect it next season.

Amazing episode! The forest battle, the flashbacks, and Jennifer demonstrating her powers were great! I wonder what was in the briefcase, and I hope Lala is still alive!

Satisfying finale. I loved the scenes with Jefferson and his dad. I'm glad they didn't blow their wad on Tobias Whale and actually saved him to be the main villain in season two.

Quite satisfying. Here's hoping LaLa, or the Tatooed Man, is able to return. Again. And a nice set up for season 2. Hope they don't lose their music budget.

They did confirm Painkiller after all.

The battle at the end was great. I wondered if Jennifer might have rushed out there to help too. Good to see Lynn getting in on the action too.

Proctor had to die though to keep the Pierce's family secret safe. Proctor was a little too on the nose with his Trump catchphrases though. "Make America great again."

Is LaLa meant to be the Tatooed Man? Isn't that a Green Lantern character?

This show is starting to seem reminiscent of No Ordinary Family, which sadly only went one season. They did everything too late in that one, finally allowing them to team up only in the last episode.

What kind of suit can Gambi design for Jennifer that will still allow her to convert into lightning form?

And isn't it going to look a bit more suspicious if BL fights together with Thunder and Lightning? Won't it look exactly like Jefferson Pierce and his two daughters?

And isn't it going to look a bit more suspicious if BL fights together with Thunder and Lightning? Won't it look exactly like Jefferson Pierce and his two daughters?
Because a black man in that down with two female sidekicks automatically means Pierce and family? :p

Because a black man in that down with two female sidekicks automatically means Pierce and family? :p

No, but a black man of that height and build with two female sidekicks of the same height and build and general appearance as his daughters looks suspiciously like Pierce and family.

Why didn't Proctor simply think that Black Lightning and Thunder had accompanied Lynn and Jennifer Pierce to that place otherwise? Maybe he could've reasoned that they simply got Jefferson and Anissa to safety instead of assuming it must be the Pierce family. :o

Only way Make America Great Again guy could've been more on the nose is if he had a red hat of sorts.

Nice finale and wrap-up, not to mention how the family will no doubt probably have a more active presence in the next season. Same, hopefully, for Tobias. He's a real compelling villain with equal amounts of presence, which these DCCW shows often lack with their antagonists.

Great finale to end a great series. Roll on season 2!

I am still in the dark about how Lala came back from the dead. What was that reanimating thing that Tobias was on about? I look forward to see the Pierce family again, meta and non meta, again, along with Tobias and his sidekicks.

One thought for season 2. It would be nice to introduce another villain or two for BL to deal with. Much as I like Tobias, I don't want an exact repeat of season 1.

did Khalil age 5 years since he's become a villain? hahaha

No, but a black man of that height and build with two female sidekicks of the same height and build and general appearance as his daughters looks suspiciously like Pierce and family.
We have the suspension of belief; the mere fact that the police detective doesn't recognise his long-term friend when he's wearing goggles, or when half the CCPD don't recognise Barry when he's wearing a mask (and not vibrating) or how NCPD doesn't recognise Kara as Supergirl just because of a pair of glasses.

Is it weird that the more vicious Syanide acts, the more attractive she seems?

Is it weird that the more vicious Syanide acts, the more attractive she seems?

Well she's definitely attractive

Charlbi-Dean-Kriek-Feet-1187059.jpg

This finale was amazing. Great action with the family under siege and getting through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"