Season 1, Episode 14: "The Eradicator" (SPOILERS)

Official description released:

THE HEART OF SMALLVILLE – Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) is worried about Jordan (Alex Garfin) as he and Sarah (Inde Navarrette) continue to grow closer. Meanwhile, Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) pays Lana (Emmanuelle Chriqui) a visit. Lastly, Jonathan (Jordan Elsass) has been spending more and more time with John Henry (Wole Parks). Erik Valdez, Dylan Walsh and Adam Rayner also star. (#114). The episode was directed by Alexandra La Roche and written by Max Cunningham & Brent Fletcher. Original airdate 8/10/2021.

My wish could come true in seeing Jordan become a Superboy-Prime.

Wow at that cliffhanger and the last 10 minutes of this episode as a whole were pretty intense IMO. Loved the Metropolis fight too and next week can't get here soon enough.

I get the feeling this is going to be a really EPIC Season Finale.

Loved seeing Superman and Steel take on Leslie Larr and the Kryptonians.

I wonder if this and the season finale may give Superman an idea for a Team Superman.

Wasn't particularly crazy about this episode, something about the pacing just felt a little off to me. The second half however was much better and set up, what should be, an epic finale. I did like seeing all the kids watching things unfold in Metropolis, the fight there and of course seeing everything set up for next week's finale.

I have a strong inkling Lana and her family won't be moving though :cwink:

I like seeing the kids getting involved in the mix.

I think the show is trying to find the balance between Metropolis and Smallville.

Well. That was intense! Definitely felt like the pacing was a bit rushed and the action wasn't as cool as it could've been, but otherwise another great episode, imo. And man, what a setup for the finale. Those are some stakes! :up:

I'm a sucker for whenever we get some Metropolis action on this show, so I was glad The Eradicator and Larr took it there. Loved that parallel with Lois's death and that John Henry was the one who got to stop it. Can't wait for next week! I would feel sad that the finale's already upon us, but knowing they're already filming S2 next month mostly just has me excited, lol.

I too thought General Sam Lane was going to bite the dust. I agree that with the season finale, I'm expecting someone or two to fall.

In tonight's episode, witness Superman and Steel join forces to stop the Eradicator's army of evil kryptonians from destroying Metropolis.

Meanwhile, in Central City...

155d7f29f1fdfc95626fbc26a466769f99ffe3dd.gifv

Decent episode. The ending was creepy. Grandpa in a teenage body feels wrong.

I really like the callback of Lois death scene. Jeremy Irons, unofficial kid from Ironman and Thor, was a scene stealer. He is growing to me. The only issue I had was the teenage drama here.

Intense is right, I was definitely unsure what was going to happen (though him taking Jordan was what I'd been expecting after the trailer). Kind of wish it hadn't been his Dad that took him over though... felt weird

I also wasn't a lover of Jonathan telling Jordan not to pick up to their Grandad. It just didn't fit with him having spent the last 3 weeks preparing for Edge to return... why wouldn't he think '**** it could be Edge' and immediately pick up. It made everything that happened then seem like Jonathan's fault. Would have been better if they just hadn't noticed the phone ringing or had no signal.

Other than that I enjoyed it alot, that scene with the car crash was really well done & acted, I felt the sense of danger. I also felt the scene with Derek Powells mum was quite emotional and powerful.

And yeah, loved Lois' rooftop scene and Irons stopping future repeating itself. And the way she just brushed it right off

Can't wait till next week! Really hope Jonathan has am active role in saving his brother ❤

As many have stated the intensity half of the episode. I thought the stakes were extremely high compared to other Cw shows. Honestly a round of applause needs to be given to the entire cast and crew who have knocked it out of the park this season.

This is how you give Superman proper threats even when it’s against his own kryptonian culture. You attack his heart through his loved ones.

In tonight's episode, witness Superman and Steel join forces to stop the Eradicator's army of evil kryptonians from destroying Metropolis.

Meanwhile, in Central City...

155d7f29f1fdfc95626fbc26a466769f99ffe3dd.gifv

You have to use the video with the proper music...

I got chills and did a little fist pump when John's hammer took out Leslie Larr and that other Kryptonian. Looking forward to Youtubers reactions. The first half was slowish but in hindsight did build up the emotional stuff that was going to hit late on in the episode. Looking forward to the finale!

All the danger and action feels empty without a charismatic villain. Eradicator needs to be a character, not just a threat.

When Leslie Larr appeared behind Lois Lane while she was giving that news report, all the people at that party should've shouted out "She's behind you!"

Although maybe that would've turned the moment into a Pantomime.

It was a bit like these slasher films though. Hadn't Lois watched that clip too? She knew how she died on the other earth. Maybe it wasn't the best thing to go up on that building and do a similar news report as that would be tempting fate.

Good to see Superman and Steel in action together. I was hoping Jonathan Kent might suggest the name "Steel" to him.

I suppose if Jordan Kent has to explain his abilities to Sarah later on that he can say it was the residual effect of having been possessed by Tal-Rho's father and becoming temporarily Kryptonian. Of course, that would be a lie.

It is an interesting dilemma when I am more interested in the Smallville issues than I am in the Superman issues. I like how they have interpreted Tal-Rho as a physical Eradicator. A pity they had Zeta take over Jordan. I like the actor, but I am already cringing from him attempting to portray creepy ass Zeta, even with some voice effects.

I think I would have been fine with these episodes just being fallout and coda to the main plot of the season.

Imagine if Zeta took over the body of a woman named Catherine Jones. She'd be Catherine "Zeta" Jones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"