Season 1, Episode 15: “Last Sons of Krypton” (Season Finale) Spoilers

Discussion in 'Superman & Lois' started by The Caped Knight, Jul 22, 2021.

?

What did you think?

1. 10

7.7%
  2. 9

53.8%
  3. 8

23.1%
  4. 7

15.4%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Airs August 17th 2021 on the CW!

2. LL2K2 Maid of Might

Official description released:

SEASON FINALE DIRECTED BY TOM CAVANAGH – In the action-packed season finale, Superman’s (Tyler Hoechlin) worst nightmare comes to life, and Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) confronts Leslie Larr (guest star Stacey Farber, “Degrassi: The Next Generation”). Meanwhile, Lana (Emmanuelle Chriqui), Kyle (Erik Valdez) and Sarah (Inde Navarette) agree to stay to help General Lane (Dylan Walsh). Jordan Elsass, Alex Garfin, Wole Parks and Adam Rayner also star. (#115). The episode was directed by Tom Cavanagh with story by Kristi Korzec & Michael Narducci and teleplay by Brent Fletcher & Todd Helbing. Original airdate 8/17/2021.

flickchick85 and ArmsHeldOut like this.
  3. herolee10 No More Miracles

4. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

The first season could end similar like Smallville's 1st season where it ends with some kind of threatening force and begin the 2nd season with that threatening force.

5. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

6. hopefuldreamer Clark Kent > Superman

Looks so damn good! ❤

Slick and DKDetective like this.
  7. Rick190293 Registered

It did. Looks like we're getting lots of Metropolis action/flight scenes.
    This show :atp:

vantheman77 and Slick like this.
  8. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Why does it air on a Tuesday instead of a Wednesday?

9. herolee10 No More Miracles

Well guys, it's been one hell of a ride for the past six months. Needless to say, this season has met or surpassed a lot of our expectations. I can't wait to see what tomorrow night's finale has in stored for us.

Be that as it may, I'm kind of hoping that we'll get a small tease for next season's big bad. I'm pretty sure all of us will lose our minds if we see this guy pop up at the end of the episode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

As much as I'd love to see Brainiac show up, it's too early. Would further feel a missed opportunity to have him as the villain for Superman, and not factor in Supergirl. Maybe they can convince Melissa to come back for a three or four parter to tell that story? Would be intriguing to see Brainy here as well..

11. SupermanFan Registered

How is it too early? This isn’t a rookie Superman. Plus you shouldn’t wait around to tell your best stories as you don’t know how many seasons you’re gonna get.

vantheman77 likes this.
  12. Chip Chipperson the big guy

It’s been a hell of a first season and a looooooooong wait to get here. The anticipation has been building and I’m so ready for the episode.

13. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

If he's introduced now, he'll be ruined.

The only long-term villain of any CW show to date is Thawne. We need another Thawne but for Clark. Flash did Thawne right by introducing him from the get-go. No other show has got a reoccurring main villain right.

14. Chip Chipperson the big guy

Let’s us pray that the show gets moved to HBO MAX, where it belongs

Broseph44 and super85 like this.
  15. Brother Jack Eccentric Billionaire

They've teased it already, but I want to see Luthor in this. If they write him as well as they've written Clark and Lois this show will enter a whole new level.

Man in the Suit likes this.
  16. herolee10 No More Miracles

From what I've read on Twitter, we didn't get any teases for next season's big villain.

At this point, I'm kind of expecting it to be Lex since it would be cheaper/more practical to have him as a villain as opposed to someone like Brainiac.

17. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

It was an ok finale, overall really good season...totally hated the ending though. Of course im sure they'll spend S2 explaining how Natalie got to E1 but...I didnt need this type of "happy ending". I rather they explore Natasha Irons instead of Natalie Irons...and we already had John explore his feelings with Lois and now we have to explore Natalies feelings with Lois being not her mother but a version of her mother. I knew it'd be her in the pod but I was hoping it'd be Powergirl.

Web-Head likes this.
  18. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

I was expecting either General Lane and/ or Kyle Cushing to be the ones to die, along with Tal-Rho and Leslie-Larr. They didn't as they were basically one-season villains, thus opening the door for both Chrissy and Natalie Irons to be series regulars for the 2nd season.

That ending was also a parallel to Supergirl's 1st season. Unlike Supergirl's 1st season finale, they showed who was in the ship.

Looks like the family is expanding with Kents/ Lanes/ Danvers/ Irons. Superman shows like this and Smallville have always done well with the family aspect.

According to the showrunners, there will not be another Kryptonian villain for the next season.

19. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

In a word? Epic. I really liked the main climax of the finale, I got chills when we saw Superman calling out for Jordan, the action was all really well done and the family aspects worked really well.

A few nitpicks and things I wasn't crazy about here and there, like Natalie showing up at the end (I was hoping it was a version of Kara instead)but overall they nailed the finale and the entire first season in general. I can't wait for season 2! I just hope Lex isn't the "big bad" him being involved makes a lot of sense though.

20. Karelia Always Hold On To Smallville...

Overall, a really great season. I was hoping for a bit of a tease like everyone else, but oh well.

Hopefully season 2 is just as good, if not better than this one.

21. Slick Yup

Ok this was a great finale. Just so heartfelt, inspiring and epic action. I liked the ending but I can’t lie I was hoping for a Brainiac tease but otherwise just a great season of television and sets the bar high for the rest of the series.

22. herolee10 No More Miracles

I just hope that they don't fall into the obvious CW trope by having John Irons pine after Earth Prime's Lois in hopes of bringing his family back together now that his daughter is here.

Also, I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't disappointed over not getting a tease for next season's major villain. The fact that we have to wait until next year doesn't help either.

#22 herolee10, Aug 18, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  23. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Praised be, they stuck the landing! Great finale, imo. Near perfect balance of action and emotional beats. Cavanagh did a very nice job directing imo, as not only was the action solid, but there were some beautiful shots sprinkled in as well (he really lovingly shot those corn fields, man!). Hell, even just the way he shot Tyler in several scenes seemed better than usual to me - he looked more Superman-ly than ever in this ep!

From a writing standpoint, I thought bringing back the device from 1x11 was an inspired way to make Lois vital to the climax. I also found the parallel they drew between the "darkness" that overcame the Eradicator sleepers and that which Jordan's been having to push through his whole life to be a nice poignant touch. And hey, we even got to see Kyle finally get back to being the hero he used to be. It was an episode that served all the main characters quite well, imo.

I loved that Superman/Chrissy/Lois scene toward the end. That was a pitch-perfect Supes speech, dammit. This show genuinely cares about Superman's POV and hearing what he has to say about things, which seems like it would be a given in a project with "Superman" in the title, but considering recent adaptations...I'll just say it feels like a breath of fresh air and leave it at that, lol.

The farewell to Jor-El was also unexpected and sweet. Not sure how I feel about that S2 setup, but I'll wait and see where they go with it.

My one real quibble is I really don't care about Jon's new love interest and him getting a "win" there doesn't really balance out all the crap that kid's been put through this season. :funny: But honestly, as quibbles go, that's as minor as they come.

And with that, one of the best live-action seasons of DC TV is officially in the books! I really hope they can keep it up in S2, but even if they go off the rails, this show has already given me more hours of A+ live-action Superman content than I've ever had, so I'll always be a grateful fan for that. :up:

24. herolee10 No More Miracles

So does anyone know on how Lois was still able to reach Jordan's conscious after Zeta had removed the headband from his body?

Lencho01 likes this.
  25. KaijuDude1992 Registered

The finale wasn't perfect and it honestly felt a little rushed at times to me, but damn did it hit all the right beats and I just can't get over how great of a surprise this show was overall.

Sure some episodes were stronger than others but even the weaker episodes were still a millon times better and easier to sit through than anything that was going on with The Flash this past season.

You can tell the writers behind this show actually care about these characters, especially Supes and the Kent family as a whole because I can't remember the last time I ever fell in love faster with a group of characters.

I really wish Supes got this much love and care in the DCEU because this is how you do that character justice and now if whatever bigscreen incarnation we get next doesn't measure up to this I definitely think I'm going to be disappointed because there are no more excuses for half assed portrayls IMO.

I pray they are able to maintain this level of quailty for Season 2 aswell because the bar has been set and while I'm not crazy about the set up for Season 2 so far the wait for it is still going to be painful because I just can't wait to see what direction they take this show in next year.