Season 1, Episode 15: “Last Sons of Krypton” (Season Finale) Spoilers

Discussion in 'Superman & Lois' started by The Caped Knight, Jul 22, 2021.

?

What did you think?

1. 10

7.7%
  2. 9

53.8%
  3. 8

23.1%
  4. 7

15.4%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Perfect Cell I wish you weren't so f***in' awkward, bud

A really good finale. Everyone had their own piece of the puzzle, and it genuinely felt like the season's arc had been wrapped up. No loose ends, and everyone's individual story was accounted for. It was a clever way to incorporate Lois and Jonathan into the climax, and the emotional beats certainly hit. As others have mentioned, this episode was shot really well. They've always done a good job at incorporating lighting effects into their scenery shots, but I feel like this episode stepped it up a notch. Some shots looked almost like a painting. Not sure where the final scene is going to go, but I'm excited for season two. Give Irons a big red cape, though. Just do it, no one will ask why. It'll be fine.

I did get a laugh from the scene just before Superman and Irons confronted the Kryptonians, though.

Irons: These are terrible odds, and we're definitely going to die.
    Superman: For sure, absolutely.

*Five seconds later*

[​IMG]

2. herolee10 No More Miracles

According to the show's producers, it seems like they're against using any villains that had previously appeared on "Supergirl" unless they can reinvent them like Morgan Edge. I just hope that they don't go for lessor villains on this show.

I think most fans are anxious to see a live action Superman properly take on the likes of Metallo, Parasite, and Brainiac already.

Slick likes this.
  3. Gaultheria Registered

When the ship appeared out of the sky, it had the silhouette of a Kryptonian house crest. I’d make that mean something if I was running the show. Let’s put John Henry through the wringer again and say that the Natalie from the ship is the Lexcorp shapeshifter who becomes a version of Supergirl.

4. hopefuldreamer Clark Kent > Superman

Yeah I really loved that finale. I cried ALOT. It packed a lot of emotional punches and was very exciting.

Personally I love that Natalie returned and was kind of hoping for it/expecting it because they never showed her dying. But I was still punching the air (I love a happy ending).

I'm chuffed no one died. I'm chuffed Kyle got to be a hero. I thought the Jordan Sarah love scene was so cute... its so nice to watch a teenager romance that actually feels like teenagers!

I thought the stakes were high & action well done in places. I was on the edge of my seat.

My only gripes would be that the length of the episode should have been longer so that the action wasn't so rushed & it wasn't so quickly resolved. I think we could have easily had more time in Jordans mind, more of a struggle to break free.

Also wanted a scene between Jordan and Jonathan at the end, talking about what went down and having a brotherly love moment. Could have had that in place of the funeral to be fair - it's not that I disliked it, but I felt the scene in the fortress was already enough of a goodbye.

But overall I'm just so happy with the choices they are making and the version of Supes we are getting.

❤❤ I'm with you there. To have a well written Lex Luthor/Superman dynamic in this show would be incredible.

Haha I'm usually a stickler for these things but I didn't notice. Very good point... I guess maybe you could argue that if she still had the head and on she could still be in there - cause when Supes took his off in the fortress, so did Morgan?

Babillygunn, Slick, Lencho01 and 4 others like this.
  5. Dr. From parts unknown

I actually found that whole bit rather confusing. When Supes found that small collection of amber crystals in the Fortress, my first thought was X-kryptonite. After all, there was an earlier scene (with Tal-Rho) showing the Smallville mine festooned with amber X-kryptonite. Were there leftovers that (somehow?) ended up in the Fortress? Was this setup for some future storyline? Then, when Lois mentioned Clark’s “Dad” during the impromptu funeral, I assumed she was talking about Jonathan “Pa” Kent. ( :shrug:) I finally clued in with Clark’s eulogy. Then, casting my mind back, I dimly recalled that A.I. Jor-El (in the form of a “Sunstone”) was destroyed by Tal-Rho. Therefore, it was Jor-El’s funeral and the crystals were his remains. But this realization, for me, was awkwardly retroactive.

Ultimately, my bad and my faulty memory. :O But in my defense, the relevant narrative connection happened four episodes prior (and nearly two months ago, thanks to broadcast delays). And there wasn’t even a reminder in the “Previously on…” recap.

Also: color coding the crystal doohickies (so they’re not all amber) might have helped. :word:

Lencho01 likes this.
  6. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

I loved everything about the finale up until that last scene. This is going to get so messy and uncomfortable with Superman & Lois' family and Steel and his alternate earth family, but I'm sure it'll be some good soap opera-ish drama. We'll see how this unfolds in season 2.

But yes this was a very solid season overall. This is the first CW show I've actually watched a whole season in full and I'm glad I did.

7. Gaultheria Registered

I got the impression that they're gathering the cast for a new series, one designed from the start with crossovers in mind. The Black Lightning series and the rest of the old Arrowverse didn't go together well, but Superman and Steel do even though they can be about different types of stories.

Shinobi Shaw likes this.
  8. Sithborg Registered

Good finale. Glad Edge lived and is back to himself. Too god not to have him back occasionally.

Not how I expected them to bring in Iron's daughter, but it is perfect. I cannot wait to see how this plays out next season. Bring on the Kent/Danvers/Irons/Rho thanksgiving.

I do fully expect and look forward to Jordan and Clark having a very uncomfortable "talk" next season.

9. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

10. Sithborg Registered

I will say, ***** about the 2 week hiatus all you want, but this finale lacked the weird, weird editing issues you can find in the Batwoman and Flash finales.

11. DarthSkywalker My Hands Are Cold (he/him)

So we just finished the finale and I quite liked it. The end of the season was a little rocky with Morgan Edge not quite working for me, and the release schedule killing the momentum. But the core remained strong. The "funeral" made me tear up. Clark lost a mom and dad this season. :cry:

On the flip side, he gained a step daughter? :o

Can't wait for season 2. I already miss it! This is and Stargirl have an energy that is infectous.

#36 DarthSkywalker, Aug 19, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  12. Rick190293 Registered

Really good finale, of a great season overall. Chemistry between cast is great (specially Tyler and Bitsie), teenager romance isn't annoying, and action is really well done (could have a little more, but understandable as it 's not the show main appeal).
    Can't freakin wait for season 2! (Now CW could bring some Batman, don't ya? :D)

Slick likes this.
  13. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Since this season was originally 13 episodes, we can threat both Eradicator and Last Sons of Krypton as Season 1.5.

14. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Not necessarily, because they probably didn't just add on two episodes but expanded it elsewhere in the middle. Episode 15 seems to have always been as they intended.

15. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I pretty much feel the same way as most of you guys about the finale and season overall.

I also wanted to add that I really loved seeing Superman handle himself well against others by being better skilled rather than just simple more powerful.

Slick likes this.
  16. SupermanFan Registered

Based on what? How would he be ruined?

I would argue Thawne started out great but by the time we got to the season before last they’d ruined him. Also Superman and the Flash are not the same characters nor do they have similar villains. You don’t need to have a villain be reoccurring for the entire series run. If you did that man would be Lex Luthor anyway.

I think they’ll likely reveal it at Fandome. While it would have been great for a tease I get why they didn’t go there when the series already had a cliffhanger to end on.

17. Brierrose Registered

Tobias Whale was a great long-term villain for Jefferson. Tobias was constantly in each season and even played by the same actor.

#42 Brierrose, Aug 19, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    Slick and Flash525 like this.
  18. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

An enjoyable final, but once again, world ending problems, or at least problems that're bigger than a single city/town, and nobody thinks to contact another hero. Kara? Barry? John?

I know, I know, this is a Superman show, but in a shared universe, you've gotta at least explain maybe why other heroes aren't involved. Presumably her appearance confirms the existence of the new multiverse? Irons came in, presumably, shortly after, or during the Crisis event. If his Earth survived, as it must've done for his daughter to escape, then presumably this'll be one of the future highlights (specifically from Team Flash) to enter and exit the multiverse once again.

Jay Garrick is supposed to be on Stargirl soon too isn't he? Though it does remain to be seen which Jay Garrick that is; Earth-Prime's, or Stargirl's Earth's version.

Maybe after seeing what they've done with many of the other shows, I'm too cautious or sceptical. I suppose I should have more ... hope.

You've got me there. I had admittedly forgotten about him.

19. Gaultheria Registered

Tal-Rho, before he became the Eradicator, spoke to Superman and claimed to be a brother, a Kryptonian, and a friend. Did we get an explanation for Jor-El’s accusation that “He is none of those things”? Not a friend, certainly, Tal-Rho’s actions proved that, but what about the other two claims? Fans speculated that Tal-Rho had to be some sort of artificial being such as H’El. Unless this is an abandoned plot thread, it seems that Tal-Rho’s story isn’t over. This could even fit — awkwardly — with the announcement that next season’s villain won’t be Kryptonian.

20. SupermanFan Registered

Tbf I don’t blame you in that regard, the other shows are awful now. (Not including Stargirl in that).

21. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

I was a little disappointed with the finale. I cringed hard when Jordan was possessed and was lip syncing. I couldn’t take it seriously with Superman fighting Jordan. Also, I was half hoping that Jonathan would show some hint of power. He has an equal chance of getting some powers just as Jordan, right? He is half Kryptonian after all. Overall the finale felt underwhelming. Also, wanted some bigger twist at the end than Natalie just showing up.

22. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Can you see Natalie Irons being portrayed like Marvel's Ironheart?