Falcon and Winter Soldier Season 1, Episode 2: “The Star Spangled Man” (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'MCU Limited Series on Disney+' started by GREEN =w= DAY, Mar 26, 2021.

1. TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

Do you know every town has been hit by tornadoes in past two weeks? Injuries? Property damage?

People don’t consume news like that.

Schlosser85 likes this.
  2. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

Lol..."demanding"? Taking it a bit far aren't you? It's perfectly fine for fans to daydream about what shows and/or movies they'd like to see. Obviously marvel studios/disney don't make their production decisions based on what a small group of viewers say on forums.

WatchProtect likes this.
  3. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

. . . they didn't need to say it explicitly, because they *showed* it? What with this postage-stamp sized nation having almost literally the biggest Hydra base we've ever seen operating within it, with the locals clearly ramped up on anti-Avengers propaganda that fits the Hydra playbook?

4. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

What makes you think this would demand everyone constantly be talking about is, as opposed to fitting within the general morass of Weird **** That Happens which is the background for the world at large?

Schlosser85 likes this.
  5. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

It's called gooogle,and YouTube, and Twitter... We KNOW the press and the public follow thins stuff in universe closely. Then there is the added trauma of what Thanos did to consider. I think after that... Yeah when "weird" happens I don't put a lot of stock in people just dismissing it, but that's me.

6. SpocksBrain Internet Geek

Yeah, that was all pretty clearly laid out in episode 4.

RockSP likes this.
  7. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Its not a matter of "dismissing" it, its a matter of "People don't talk about One Particular Weird Thing" when there is a constant stream of Weird Things in the world. Just because the events of WandaVision are important, to us, because they are the center of a popular and noteworthy Disney+ show, does not automatically mean they are singularly important *to the people in the setting*, wherein those events have to compete for attention with dozens of other Weird Superhuman Stuff that haven't gotten TV shows or movies.

8. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

We'll try this an alternatives...

Hydra chose Sokovia because it was a flyspeck, unassuming nation but that is not an absolute proof of total control. It just means it was out of the way. Any number of hypothetical cover stories could explain how they were in operation. Greased palms that from those gettting a payoff's perspective is just general everyday corruption, not aiding super terrorists. No where is it stated or explicitly shown that their country's military is totally Hydra either. Frankly, if so it should have been easier for Zemo to pull off his plan if that were so. No need for torture to get info when you are a ranking member of the organization, no?

And the anti-Avengers stuff? Try this on... Wanda and Pietro's story, their general experience wasn't generally unique. Stark weapons were sold all over the world. His position as both tech guru leading in non-ware fare fields as well as being a weapons manufacturer was shown to have controversy long before the Avengers showed up as it was referred to all the way back in IM1. He is called the merchant of death. If Sokovia was ravaged by war and one or both sides were armed with Stark weapons then his name and actions would likely not make him popular, and now he's running all over the world with his own super powered gang? Might not sit well with a lot of people, no?

And the history in the MCU shows the Avengers don't need Hydra to raise up antipathy towards them. The Accords themselves came about after the back of Hydra was broken. The team can court controversy all on their own given the very implications of its existence.

Fosterson and Schlosser85 like this.
  9. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I'm sorry... I don't get what you mean. Of you and I don't know of every person in a natural disasters' ID.

That isn't my meaning. In the least.

It's that we live in a world with a global information network and everyone and their brother has a miniature TV studio and data storage unit in their pockets.

No I don't know the names of every tornado victim... but I will be aware there was a tornado, or flood etc. It would be impossible to keep that kind of event completely unknown is my thinking. That's all I'm saying.

10. Schlosser85 Registered

Zemo was obviously not affiliated with Hydra. He even says “Hydra deserves its place on the ash heap of history”.

And Hydra having a significant base in Sokovia doesn’t prove anything. It had bases all over the place, and infiltrated high echelons of the US government and intelligence services. The fact that Strucker was feeding Fury the locations of other Hydra bases to keep The Avengers off his trail for as long as possible implies that it wasn’t common knowledge that this base existed.

11. TheVileOne Registered

I'm confused what is this about HYDRA controlling Sokovia? That was never established.

Also, Zemo was part of a Zokovian black ops military group. He clearly wasn't working for HYDRA.

12. Hypestyle Registered

If John Walker was officially promoted to Captain, then what is BatteStar's official rank? Based on the stripes on his uniform, it looks like Sergeant First Class, E-7.

TheVileOne likes this.
  13. djsunyc Registered

im all in on sam's journey and cant wait for him to visit isiah by himself. i can picture this leading up to sam taking the mantle, isiah watching it and crying (kind of like when obama became pres), his grandson looking inspired and the US acknowledging isiah and ending with him getting a display next to steve's in the museum. (at least im hoping there would be an uplifting ending like that)

14. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

I guess everyone can get the call to play in the Marvel sandbox with Disney paying the bill.

Iceman likes this.
  15. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I would love it if the show went the way you described. :up:

javonstokess and djsunyc like this.
  16. Donner Formerly Elektra1 (she/her/hers)

I'm wondering if this will be the last shot of the series:

FB_IMG_1617133173181.jpg

17. Schlosser85 Registered

I just hope they both live and Bucky doesn't make some "redemptive sacrifice" or some ****. He deserves a chance to actually.....live.

18. Donner Formerly Elektra1 (she/her/hers)

The more I think about it, the more it would be stupid for them to kill off a title character in the series. I'm going with there's no way they're killing him off.

Dying isn't making amends.

19. Donner Formerly Elektra1 (she/her/hers)

Also, Sebastian Stan has 4 more movies on his contract I believe.

20. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

They had their killing splurge at the right time at the high point/endpoint with Endgame. These hero deaths have impact when they are built up and aren’t happening too often. Sam looks like he’s going to be an important character in the MCU going forward after this show, and Sam is better with Bucky around to argue with like a married couple. :cwink:

Deck Rickard, Donner and Schlosser85 like this.
  21. Donner Formerly Elektra1 (she/her/hers)

As much as Endgame hurt, Nat and Tony being the ones that died worked for their stories. And they had such a good buildup.

Bucky is just getting started. The first episode had the therapist telling him he's free and he asked free to do what. I think that's important that he will be free to be good and help people. To be killed off after that would send such a ****ty message.

But with the screenshots from the trailers and Bucky playing with kids and training with the shield, I think this ends with hope and a new future. I mean, it ****ing better :funny:

Schlosser85 and Iceman like this.
  22. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yeah, Endgame was the right time for a couple of the big guns here from the start to bow out and the next Endgame or at very least next big event will be the right time for more deaths.

Yeah, and same goes for the other supporting characters we’ve had on the shows so far. Scarlet Witch, Vision and Sam (with Rhodey to come) all still had to get their stories properly told, but Bucky definitely needed to deal with his past after all the chaos died down and make amends in a positive way (which simply dying isn’t).

Shuri, Schlosser85 and Donner like this.
  23. legendkillin Registered

Killing either would be a big message that the series are must watch, but I don't see it happening. They likely go on to possibly have more series or do something with Hawkeye in series crossover.

24. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

That just means they have the option to use him, not that they will. But no, I don't think he'll be killed off. In fact the idea hadn't even occurred to me until reading this thread lol.

Schlosser85 likes this.
  25. djsunyc Registered

with boseman passing away, it would be interesting and they build up sam now to be one of the avengers leaders.

Schlosser85 likes this.