Jessica Jones Season 1, Episode 2 "AKA Crush Syndrome" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Pwoper Nereguar

Civilian
Reaction score
1zvzybd.jpg

A Reminder That This Thread Is Only To Discuss Episode 2: AKA Crush Syndrome

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Jessica vows to prove Hope's innocence, even though it means tracking down a terrifying figure from her own past.

Last edited:
Loving the casual display of Luke's (and Jessica's) powers in that bar fight.

Loving the casual display of Luke's (and Jessica's) powers in that bar fight.

Yeah, I also appreciate that they both don't seem super super strong like I wouldn't say they were near even Cap's level just based on the guys getting back up numerous times.

Though I will say didn't the wife say he was getting some mates from his Rugby League team, none of them looked like rugby players. I want realism in my gritty and realistic show. :sly:

Another Great Episode

Damn with the way Luke using that Saw on himself. Kilgrave like I stated in Episode 1 is a monster and he doesn't like kids.

Kilgrave is just plain nasty. Can't wait to see more of him.

Totally love Cage already, such a well adapted character. Also Kilgrave is very promising, we seriously need villains like him and Fisk in the movies as well.

Yeah, I also appreciate that they both don't seem super super strong like I wouldn't say they were near even Cap's level just based on the guys getting back up numerous times.

Though I will say didn't the wife say he was getting some mates from his Rugby League team, none of them looked like rugby players. I want realism in my gritty and realistic show. :sly:

I'd say they were holding back so as to not to kill anyone or give away the fact that they have powers. After all [BLACKOUT]she lifted a car and keep it from speeding off in episode 1.[/BLACKOUT]

So Trish is training in self defence... Do I sense Hellcat coming?

Great episode.

Damn, when Kilgrave ordered the kids into the closet and [BLACKOUT]the girl's pee seeped out. [/BLACKOUT]

Love Luke's final line [BLACKOUT]You can't fix me. I'm unbreakable. [/BLACKOUT]

So Trish is training in self defence... Do I sense Hellcat coming?

Great episode.
She fights a little later but no Hellcat.

Kilgrave is one depraved individual. No moral compass at all.

EPISODE 2: AKA CRUSH SYNDROME
This didn't quite pack the punch of the first episode, but this one was more about laying the various pieces on the table and starting to further establish some of the history and relationships that will likely define the season. Already I'm impressed with how much plot each episode manages to cram in, both have felt longer than an hour without dragging or feeling decompressed. We get our first proper appearance of Kilgrave here, and he's properly terrifying, while Luke Cage starts to get more interesting as we learn more about him.

Man I'm loving Colter and Ritter together the bar scene was spendid.

Totally love Cage already, such a well adapted character. Also Kilgrave is very promising, we seriously need villains like him and Fisk in the movies as well.

I agree maybe we need them to appear in a movie or two:sly:

I really enjoy Colter and Ritter's chemistry. They play off each other very well.

I'm glad that Colter didn't make Luke Cage into a stereotypical, jive-talking character. He's more of a working class Joe. If he was in a gang, he probably had a bad experience and got out early.

I just finished watching this episode. Kilgrave! Power Man! Thats all I have to say right now, about to start episode 3.

Just finished episode 2, and I'm really loving the quality of the writing and acting in this series so far. I do hope Kilgrave, as deprived as he is, will stick around for a long time. Just like Wilson Fisk, his presence really gives this show an edge and danger level that really elevates it to another level.

Liked this episode as well.

I'm not sure how I feel about those twins.

Seeing Luke Cage in action was a dream come true for me. :)

"Andre plays in a rugby league. He and his friends are going to kick Luke's ass."
I immediately fell out in hysterical laughter and got wide-eyed at what I knew was to come. :lmao:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"