Falcon and Winter Soldier Season 1, Episode 3: "Power Broker" (SPOILERS)

I’m sure Zemo would be saying those things to wind him up and keep him on edge even if there was nothing there. The narrative issue with any kind of reversion to the Winter Soldier now is that we might have to see him killed off, even voluntarily. After knowing all the horrific acts he was forced to commit last time, the threat that he can’t be cured of it would likely be too much to live with.

Don't even say thaaaaaat.

They're not killing off Bucky. He technically died in IF. They're not going to bring a bunch of characters back who got dusted just to kill them off canonically months later.

Also, this scene:

4be7bdee-966d-4aa6-8c95-6053c26416bd.gif

Don't even say thaaaaaat.

They're not killing off Bucky. He technically died in IF. They're not going to bring a bunch of characters back who got dusted just to kill them off canonically months later.
That’s why I’m not reading anything more into the comments than Zemo winding Bucky up. :cwink:

That’s why I’m not reading anything more into the comments than Zemo winding Bucky up. :cwink:

You had me worried for a second there, Ice :funny:

I agree with you. Sometimes comments are just comments. WandaVision was a good lesson in not taking everything a character says as having a deeper meaning or foreshadowing.

You had me worried for a second there, Ice :funny:

I agree with you. Sometimes comments are just comments. WandaVision was a good lesson in not taking everything a character says as having a deeper meaning or foreshadowing.
Yeah, even aside from unnecessarily killing him off, we’ve already properly been through this under control and forced to kill storyline so it would be redundant at this stage. We are here to see him recover and adapt and make something of his life, including making amends. Dying doesn’t do that and him being controlled again would be a waste. Seeing evidence of the remnants of his lethality like we saw in this episode is fine though.

Very good episode, but I really wouldn't have minded if this series was a little longer to let the episodes breathe a little........
Zemo, awesome. He's utterly playing them. Definitely acting more lighthearted because he needs them.
Sam and Bucky, awesome as usual. Fanatic Sharon fans put me off her after CW, but enjoyed her a lot this episode.

Karli... meh I genuinely don't like her at all.

anyone got some gale boettcher vibes, when nagel was cooking in his lab?

I’m sure Zemo would be saying those things to wind him up and keep him on edge even if there was nothing there. The narrative issue with any kind of reversion to the Winter Soldier now is that we might have to see him killed off, even voluntarily. After knowing all the horrific acts he was forced to commit last time, the threat that he can’t be cured of it would likely be too much to live with.

If Bucky got turned back into The Winter Soldier again, way to destroy whatever tentative progress he's made to this point....

Ha! I didn't think about this but that's totally true. Bucky may be an exception with the SS serum and his body temperature is weird, but the others would definitely be warm. I've been to Indonesia and for an entire month, I was sweating bullets. Skin felt great, though.

Yeah, I was in Singapore a few years back for a work conference. I had to wear a suit most of the time and so getting from the hotel to the conference center without looking like I’d dropped in a dunk tank was a challenge. So humid. Beautiful place though.

The only places you’d need a jacket in Singapore are cinemas (perhaps even a scarf and I’m not exaggerating), supermarkets, offices, occasionally subways and certain restaurants/bars. Otherwise, tank tops, shorts and sandals are way to go. Unless you like sweating. The outfits in the show are just fictional for any tropical country.

The only places you’d need a jacket in Singapore are cinemas (perhaps even a scarf and I’m not exaggerating), supermarkets, offices, occasionally subways and certain restaurants/bars. Otherwise, tank tops, shorts and sandals are way to go. Unless you like sweating. The outfits in the show are just fictional for any tropical country.

Yeah they do (understandably) crank the AC there.

If Bucky got turned back into The Winter Soldier again, way to destroy whatever tentative progress he's made to this point....

That's where I think this comes into play:

f9d0accd5f803f3dcd41cdd4b69c6e9473435a7d.gif

Zemo will think he's WS again, and instead he lets Zemo live #characterdevelopment

That'd be a good "**** you" moment to Zemo, and a good self-empowerment moment for Bucky. Like "I'm not your plaything anymore, and I will never be again".
And then he grins and shoots him dead, saying, "That was all Bucky!" and laughs his way to the Wilson family barbeque on the boat they managed to buy back :D

What the hell was that with the snake :barf:Poor Sam.

Yo I meant to quote this yesterday, but sis what in the Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmerman hell was that snake cocktail?!

I'm still gagging. Don't drink a damn thing in Madripoor! LOL

Yo I meant to quote this yesterday, but sis what in the Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmerman hell was that snake cocktail?!

I'm still gagging. Don't drink a damn thing in Madripoor! LOL

Yeah that made me ****ing sick. No way would I have knocked that back. Sure, I might have gotten shot if I didn’t. But I’d take a bullet before sampling whatever that was!

I wouldn't be surprised if that drink actually did exist somewhere. You can go to an island in Indonesia (Sulawesi) and find fried snake, scorpion, frog, etc to eat. There's also another place to buy pig's head and you eat the brains. Raw.

I wouldn't be surprised if that drink actually did exist somewhere. You can go to an island in Indonesia (Sulawesi) and find fried snake, scorpion, frog, etc to eat. There's also another place to buy pig's head and you eat the brains. Raw.

Yea I'm sure that exists somewhere. And Madripoor IIRC is supposed to be in Indonesia, so that wasn't a stretch.

Not sure if I missed something, but why were they just walking down that bridge to get to Madripoor before that car picked them up?

Listen, I would've blown my cover right there. Puking my guts out at the bar LOL.

YUP. I would be a terrible spy, lol.

Not sure if I missed something, but why were they just walking down that bridge to get to Madripoor before that car picked them up?

Yeah that scene was a little silly to me. Like, what?

In any country you need a jacket at the cinema. Even if it's sweltering hot outside, in the theatres they have the air conditioning on so high that it's cold and certainly too cold to sit in a t-shirt and shorts. I usually bring a blanket too or some other top to cover with.

Maybe Zemo was planning to stop at a cinema to catch a movie in Madripoor.

YUP. I would be a terrible spy, lol.

Yeah that scene was a little silly to me. Like, what?

I didn't entirely get what was going on there either. I get they were pretending to be "important people", but how did people already know they were coming and why send a car to pick them up?

I didn't entirely get what was going on there either. I get they were pretending to be "important people", but how did people already know they were coming and why send a car to pick them up?

I assume Zemo sent for a car to pick them up. They knew who he was and Bucky, hence the armed guards surrounding the car.

Why the car didn't pick them up at the airport, my guess is dramatic effect so we see their costumes on the bridge. Zemo is so extra.

I assume Zemo sent for a car to pick them up. They knew who he was and Bucky, hence the armed guards surrounding the car.

Why the car didn't pick them up at the airport, my guess is dramatic effect so we see their costumes on the bridge. Zemo is so extra.

Gotta get the dramatic pimp walk first. He didn't bring that coat not to show it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"