Falcon and Winter Soldier Season 1, Episode 3: "Power Broker" (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'MCU Limited Series on Disney+' started by The Caped Knight, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yeah, this makes it all much more interactive and fun throughout the release process. The movies have been amazing but there are large gaps between releases. This way it feels the MCU is continuously growing rather than stop/start with the films. It also makes me value the Hype even more as the best place to discuss it week to week with all the familiar and new faces.

2. djsunyc Registered

so apparently they had to do reshoots and restructure the karli morganthal's story a bit due to covid.

her mom that was on the bed dying was supposed to be from a virus hence why the flagsmashers were stealing vaccines. my guess is that this virus was released by some government entity like the GRC. they were hoarding the vaccines which would explain why she bombed the building and killed them.

showing a virus released by the gov really wouldn't be a wise thing during covid so some dialogue was dubbed over, changed and re-shot.

we need a director's cut! lol.

javonstokess likes this.
  3. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Oh right. Hopefully the alternatives they came up with are as good as the original plan.

4. DJ Kornphlake Registered (P)

5. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Lol. In all seriousness, I don’t think Walker is going to turn out to be a bad guy. I think he’s just in over his head and will screw something up badly, resulting in a lot of people getting killed.

6. KevTravels Registered

Just imagine if Perlmutter was still on charge. We'd probably have gotten 13 episodes with a budget of 40 million and airing on ABC during summer. It would have made Inhumans seem Emmy-worthy.

7. djsunyc Registered

all signs point to john walker eventually taking the serum...but i don't think that's gonna happen until the end of the series.

i think he will be defeated and fail as cap. sam then takes up the mantle. i think we see him take the serum at the end of his story in the finale leaving him set up as a future antagonist to sam/bucky.

8. Donner Formerly Elektra1 (she/her/hers)

Does anyone know what Zemo says at the end?

9. Enriquespy Registered

Any theories on Carter being sus?

10. Holy Slapper Registered

"With the two of you."

Donner likes this.
  11. Holy Slapper Registered

Sus?

12. Schlosser85 Registered

Suspect. i.e. shady, like maybe being The Power Broker or associated with him.

13. Holy Slapper Registered

I can't keep up with all these abbreviations... **** you, internet!

14. FeedOnATreeFrog (A Metal Gear reference)

I watched the Watchmen series last week for the first time, which dives deep into race issues and politics, so this show does feel pretty fluffy and typical MCU fare right now.

In general I think people blow the whole “political thriller” aspect of the Cap movies out of proportion. They mostly just have the aesthetics of a political thriller, while still having pretty simple action movie plots at their core.

That being said, the show is cool, if not serviceable. I hope they really do something interesting with Winter Soldier and Falcon soon though. Nothing had reached the level of the WS or CW movies in terms of story or memorable action. Potential is there though.

15. Fosterson Registered

Project Insight didn't just happen because of Hydra though. It was approved by Nick Fury, the US Government and the World Security Council. They were all onboard with it until they found about the Hydra infiltration.

So, in other words, Fury and the rest of the so-called "good guys" were chill with the idea of extrajudicially killing people all around the world based on nothing more than a computer's prediction of their future behaviour. It was only when they realised that this tech was going to be used by Hydra to take over the world that they suddenly opposed it.

WatchProtect likes this.
  16. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

As much as Zemo disapproves of superhumans, I can't *really* see him doing this. Isaiah isn't an icon, he's a bitter old man living in obscurity after being screwed over by larger forces. The guy has done nothing to harm Zemo, doesn't serve as an ideological enemy, and killing him would serve no real pragmatic purpose ( any experimental use for his blood was already done decades ago, for instance ). If anything, I think Zemo would feel sorry for the guy.

17. Donner Formerly Elektra1 (she/her/hers)

I think he would absolutely kill Isaiah. It's not that Isaiah is an icon, it's that he potentially could be. And he's a super soldier.

I think Zemo wants to wipe them all out.

18. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

That is a fair question. Its why I consider "Sharon is actually still working for the CIA" as a valid theory. After all, if her cover is "burned fugitive". . .

As for explanations that don't make people look terrible, one possibility is that, by the time that Infinity War happened, Sharon was already deep underground and vanished on her own. She couldn't get an 'Avengers pardon' because she wasn't an Avenger, and indeed nobody currently working for the Avengers knew where she was ( because those who could find her were busy keeping the world from falling apart ).

Silvermoon likes this.
  19. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Well, there's an easy way to end this:

Do you believe the baseless conspiracy theory that China deliberately released Covid-19? Yes or no?

20. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I think they clearly want the audience to think she's suspicious, but I am not at all certain if its real or fakeout, or in which way. I mean, she's an ex-spy, she kind of should be shady even if she's just doing her laundry.

Schlosser85 likes this.
  21. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

And I fundamentally disagree with this view of Zemo. It suggests a level of fanaticism that Zemo simply doesn't show. If he were that fanatical about his viewpoints, he'd have shown a lot less sympathy towards T'Challa, for one.

22. Donner Formerly Elektra1 (she/her/hers)

He apologized to Bucky for using him and is sympathetic towards him, but based on the trailers, he still wants Bucky gone. Same with Sam. Any one of them has the potential to become an icon, something he's actively working against.

Schlosser85 likes this.
  23. Schlosser85 Registered

Can you guys take this somewhere else? I don’t come to this section to read about COVID conspiracy theories.

First Avenger, Silvermoon and Donner like this.
  24. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

ATTENTION EVERYONE!

If you want to discuss politics....go to the political section.

If you want to make snide petty comments about the posters you disagree with....DON'T.

If you want to get put on a long probation continue to do what I just told you not to.

25. JB33 The Eternal Deviant

Really enjoying the show so far! I hope Zemo gets gradually less "vanilla" and morphs into the Baron Zemo we know from the comics.