House of the Dragon Season 1 Episode 4 "King of the Narrow Sea"

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
7XwiwyH.png

I love that preview. Incorporating all the prophecies, dreams, and The Prince That Was Promised stuff, I think it's a clever move. It'll likely turn out the same as in Game of Thrones...
In that there is no obvious prophecized hero or chosen one by the end. We have to stick with Martin's inspirations from Dune after all. Don't put your faith in heroes like that. Or as Game of Thrones put it:
  • “Prophecies are dangerous things,”
  • "The dreams killed them, every one."
  • "She believes her destiny is to build a better world for everyone. If you believed that — if you truly believed it — wouldn’t you kill whoever stood between you and paradise?” etc.
I think reiterating that in a prequel might make that idea click for viewers of the original show as well. It brings light to the whole 'not the prince(ss) that was promised' arc of Aegon / Stannis / Jon / Dany.

Hell, there might be a way longer list of people throughout generations of Targaeryens who falsely believed this claim. Jaehaerys II believed it too and in the trailer, it seems Rhaenyra reads the prophecy from the blade. I love that.

Last edited:
Keeping it in the family is just a time honored tradition in King's Landing at this point. Though I imagine far more scandalous compared to the people who didn't bat an eye at Jaime and Cersei.

I enjoyed this episode, it hurts my brain less than Rings of Power.

I really like the idea of the Kingsguard and his princess. I wish he could marry her.

Man, you got to love the pure, incest, driven family drama of this show lol. That is classic GOT down to a tee and this episode definitely didn't disappoint in that department or shy away from it.

I have to say though that while I know Milly Alcock is in her 20's in real life damn did those sex scenes still make me feel uncomfortable, but at the same time I loved that we got to explore a different side of her character.

There was a lot of great character development for Rhaenyra and Daemon in this episode as well as Viserys who finally stood up for himself by not falling for Hightower's BS which was super satisfying to see IMO.

Also, Matt Smith looked pretty awesome with that new haircut and that Assassin's Creed esque hood.

Wow, I thought speed dating could be harsh, but vying for a princess....yikes! That kid had brass !
You can take the Northerner out of the North but you can't take the North out of the Northerner.
I’m… not sure? Maybe? Ugh. God, this episode really made made feel for Alicent. Her life ****ing sucks.
Yeah, I hope this episode goes a long way to sympathize her. There was a lot of uncomfy hate towards her online in the early episodes.
viserys giving his kid some plan tea lol.
I liked the mention of the negative effects of brewing the abortificant wrong. We've seen what that causes with Lysa back in GOT.

Man, you got to love the pure, incest, driven family drama of this show lol. That is classic GOT down to a tee and this episode definitely didn't disappoint in that department or shy away from it.

I have to say though that while I know Milly Alcock is in her 20's in real life damn did those sex scenes still make me feel uncomfortable, but at the same time I loved that we got to explore a different side of her character.

There was a lot of great character development for Rhaenyra and Daemon in this episode as well as Viserys who finally stood up for himself by not falling for Hightower's BS which was super satisfying to see IMO.

Also, Matt Smith looked pretty awesome with that new haircut and that Assassin's Creed esque hood.
As far as the two shows, it seems strange to like a show about incest more than Tolkien. That is what it has come to now, lol.
The main thing is that we didn't see Rhaenyra as a child and age along with the rest of the cast, it has been the same actor since the beginning. So the "realms delight" is more of when she was a kid, and now she is a moody teen. I think if we saw a change from child to Milly as far as actresses it wouldn't have been too off putting.

Funny how she got so much pleasure when someone called her “boy”. :D

I’m… not sure? Maybe? Ugh. God, this episode really made made feel for Alicent. Her life ****ing sucks.

Daemon asking Alicent for her favor in ep 1 the look she gave her dad in that moment seems like she had a crush on the Prince then
When she accused Rhaenyra of slee... wait F'ing him that was pure jealousy talking or was i the only one

I didn't read the books so that's how i'm seeing that dynamic

Rhaenyra with the power move
I'll fix your political problem if you fire this hater
:hrt:

Last edited:
Oh, must have missed that.

It was a great parallel to what Rhaenyra was actually experiencing I'll put in spoiler tags

Art work in her room was of an orgy lol while the princess was actually witnessing one in the flesh

shows that yes you maybe queen but your miserable

Oh thanks for that information about Milly being in her 20s. Makes me feel a bit less sick now about these scenes!

Yeah, as ever Rhaenyra, Daemon and Viserys are great characters. As you say, I’m glad Viserys is standing up for himself. He seems a bit too nice (like Ned Stark) to be King in GoT sometimes.

Good point on the AC style hood, he could be very convincing as as AC character lol.

It scares me how years of watching Game of Thrones has pretty much conditioned me to barely bat an eye at incest in this show.

Either way, this was another great episode, probably the best since the first one IMO. I'm curious to see if and how Otto weasels his way back into the Red Keep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"