Falcon and Winter Soldier SEASON 1, EPISODE 4: The Whole World is Watching (SPOILERS)

I mean, they would have murdered two guys for nothing, one of them being Captain America. I feel like that would have been a problem.

I'm sure it would have been, but I'm not sure how much Wakanda cares. It only recently started even interacting with the rest of the world, and as T'Challa said before, "let them try" if anyone wants to invade Wakanda.

Though, one wrinkle in that: who is in charge of Wakanda right now? Is it still supposed to be T'Challa? Because while I can easily buy the Dore giving zero ****s about killing Walker, I feel like T'Challa would take more issue with their actions.

I'm sure it would have been, but I'm not sure how much Wakanda cares. It only recently started even interacting with the rest of the world, and as T'Challa said before, "let them try" if anyone wants to invade Wakanda.

Though, one wrinkle in that: who is in charge of Wakanda right now? Is it still supposed to be T'Challa? Because while I can easily buy the Dore giving zero ****s about killing Walker, I feel like T'Challa would take more issue with their actions.

Another poster pointed out that this mission might be off the books. Or it could be sanctioned in a strict catch Zemo and that's it capacity.

In which case, they failed by trying to kill Walker and Lemar and letting Zemo get away.

T’Challa may have sent them... not to kill Zemo but to apprehend him and put him in a Wakandan prison that he’ll never escape from. It’s not so much about vengeance as it is, “You ****ed up and let him go; now we’re taking over.”

Another great episode, the Dora Milaje fight scene...
4KiB.gif

Talk about great fight scene. Between this and Sharons fight...these are probably the best we've had in the MCU.

The shot of the bloddy shield was oof. I was like damn Disney/Marvel went there. :wow:

And yet a show like Love, Victor was to mature for Disney+ lol

Another poster pointed out that this mission might be off the books. Or it could be sanctioned in a strict catch Zemo and that's it capacity.

In which case, they failed by trying to kill Walker and Lemar and letting Zemo get away.

Also since they operate as the King's bodyguards, and bodyguards often have some level of autonomy...could this have been something T'Challa would have no say/control over?

Has it ever been established how Howard Stark got that shield in the first place? Steve just finds it under a table and Stark tells him that's all the vibranium they have.

I just wonder, if Stark bought it or obtained it legitimately, the Wakandans would have no right to take it back.

Re: Power Broker as the big reveal
definitely what I'm thinking too.That, or Paul Bettany :oldrazz:
The initials check out.

I'm hoping for Doctor Doom. People here have pointed out that this show passed up the perfect opportunity to name-drop Latveria, but with the world in flux the political situation could change quickly.

Based on his performance in Solo, Paul Bettany as Doctor Doom would be fantastic.

Guesses for the cameo in the next episode; someone grounded? Not (yet?) an Avenger. Matt Murdock?

That or it'll be nobody. We know what Disney and Marvel are like when toying with us, just think back on WandaVision and all the speculation and rumours on that.

I wouldn't be surprised if this grand guest character is somebody nobody really cares about, or in some cases, even knows.

Daredevil would be cool.

Quite cool seeing the shield in the hands of a Dora. They’d be able to fight really well with that and their spears.

Re: Power Broker as the big reveal

The initials check out.

I'm hoping for Doctor Doom. People here have pointed out that this show passed up the perfect opportunity to name-drop Latveria, but with the world in flux the political situation could change quickly.

Based on his performance in Solo, Paul Bettany as Doctor Doom would be fantastic.
I was thinking about Bettany pulling double duties but since they showed his real face in both Infinity War and quite frequently in WandaVision, I think it's highly unlikely.

As far as Daredevil goes, I would lose my absolute s*** if he shows up here.

Has it ever been established how Howard Stark got that shield in the first place? Steve just finds it under a table and Stark tells him that's all the vibranium they have.

I just wonder, if Stark bought it or obtained it legitimately, the Wakandans would have no right to take it back.

I may be mistaken... it's been a few years since I've watched it, but I believe that is explained in an episode of Agent Carter.

Another great episode, the Dora Milaje fight scene...
4KiB.gif

Talk about great fight scene. Between this and Sharons fight...these are probably the best we've had in the MCU.

And yet a show like Love, Victor was to mature for Disney+ lol

It's on our (meaning Finland) Disney+.

Nice that Finland isnt as uptight as the US parent company is.

It's under the Star menu in here, but when it came available I had to verify all profiles on my account (I'm sharing it with a friend) have access to 18+ content. I think you also have to be 18+ subscriber to have access to the "adult" content, like Deadpool, Logan etc.

Quite cool seeing the shield in the hands of a Dora. They’d be able to fight really well with that and their spears.

Dora has gone from being an explorer to a warrior.

If this episode had taken place in the early 90s, Walker would've gotten away with it and probably remained Cap. There wouldn't be cell phones with cameras, no social media or internet so the whole world wouldn't even be able to watch.

I was thinking about Bettany pulling double duties but since they showed his real face in both Infinity War and quite frequently in WandaVision, I think it's highly unlikely.
Yeah, I think Bettany's real face as any character other than Vision would would break the fourth wall, but they could go directly to the disfigured and masked version of Doom. I feel that origin stories work best as little hints here and there in a tale already in progress -- eg, if Doom were simply to say "You did this to me, Richards" somewhere along the way.

An actor who can be as expressive under heavy makeup and prosthetics as Bettany is someone to keep on the payroll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"