Falcon and Winter Soldier SEASON 1, EPISODE 4: The Whole World is Watching (SPOILERS)

They keep mentioning how Steve had this serum in him and wasn't corrupted, but neither was Bucky. Being brainwashed and tortured isn't exactly a conscious choice and he's not a ragey killing machine now. So I'd say there are two super soldiers with the serum who are good.

Bucky had a version of the serum, that was constructed by Zola. James was a special forces officer. Similar to Black ops, we saw he was a marksman snipper for the Howling Commandos. He isn't a bad man, but he also isn't Steve Rogers.

Steve Rogers was the only candidate of the program that the serum worked out perfectly in both the comics and films.

Sam's done fine in the hero game without the serum to this point. He's not going to suddenly need it because he takes up the shield.

Sam's doing fine as the back up. He's basically been Cap's air support. When you're the main dude, you need to be able to handle your own in a fight regardless of the opponent.

So this show chose violence today, barely few minutes into this episode and it managed to bring tears to my eyes. What an outstanding performance by Sebastian Stan, the relief Bucky felt in that scene was palpable. Then back to the present and Ayo scolding Bucky was like a kid being scolded by his Aunt, his whole demeanor in that scene was so unlike what he was like with others. It's understandable that he respects the Wakadians so much, they practically saved his life. He better give them Zemo later or at least send him back to prison.

"The desire to become superhuman cannot be separated from supremacist ideals. Anyone with that serum is inherently on that path. She will not stop, she will escalate until you kill her". So the serum is corrupting Karli? So what Erskine said is still true for this supposedly refined serum, it's still bringing out the worse in People.

" He's just gonna extort you and do that stupid head tilt thing".

Zemo was like

images (1).jpeg

John Walker has Supersoldier serum envy, that Guy is definitely going to take it if he gets the chance. As an elite soldier it must really hurt his pride to see all these people beating him in a fight.

"Something is not right about Walker." Yea dude is loosing it. The weight of the symbol is crushing him, he put so much pressure on himself trying to live up to what he thinks being Cap is all about. I really feel for him, he's way in over his head.

Whoa the Dora Milajes are here. " Dora Milaje has jurisdiction wherever the Dora Milaje find themselves to be". :bow:

"Looking strong John". :lmao:

Bucky's face when he lost his arm :funny:

" They weren't even supersoldiers ". That's exactly the moment Walker made up his mind to take the serum. The Dora Milajes gave that man the beating of his life.

The conversation between Lemar and Walker shows how much being cap means to Walker. He didn't start out being a bad person, he wanted to be a good person but he can't deal with the pressure, so he took the serum thinking it would make up for his feelings of inadequacy.

OMG that final scene. Walker has completely lost it. Yea he just lost his best friend but killing an unarmed man in broad daylight in such a brutal way is crazy. The guy was already mentally unstable, taking the serum made things worse and pushed him over the edge. Wyatt Russell played the hell out of that scene. That's possibly the most bone chilling scene in all of the MCU. Someone give this man an Award.

What made that scene so poignant was that Steve had a very similar moment like that in civil war. Tony had just hurt Bucky and Steve went ape****, but even in that moment when he was standing over Tony with the shield he choose to disarm him rather than lose himself to rage. Zemo was spiting facts, there has never been another Steve Rogers. Steve (and maybe Bucky) are the only ones that were not corrupted by the serum.

That's the best episode of the show, can't wait for next week.

The next episode, I'd expect Walker's actions to go viral and have the public who adored him when he was first named to turn on him.

I don't think a lot of people get the point when it comes to John Walker. They cheer when characters disrespect him and beat his ass, but when he takes the serum and beats someone to death, they're appalled. What do you think lead to him doing that? It's the ridicule you're happy about. I understand people don't want him to be Captain America, but he didn't steal the shield and declare himself Cap. He was chosen to accomplish an impossible task.
Thank you. Even now I still feel bad for the guy, he was never a bad guy.

I don't think Sam needs the serum to be Cap, and I hope he doesn't take it. I loved that they brought back Sam's skill at counseling troubled folks, and showed him trying to de-escalate the violence. That's what Captain America should be, not the juiced up monster rushing in to bust heads. If (when) Sam takes up the shield he won't be as punchy as either of the two guys that held it before him. But that's okay.

Walker may not be a bad guy, but for some reason this episode really made me want to snuff him one good time.

I haven’t wanted to punch someone that bad since Quill in Infinity War.

I’m sorry for my requirements to be a Captain America, your power level is near the bottom

Sam's doing fine as the back up. He's basically been Cap's air support. When you're the main dude, you need to be able to handle your own in a fight regardless of the opponent.

The opening of the first episode showed him handling his own. He wasn't anyone's backup in that opening action sequence in Civil War, he was handling his own right along with the rest of the team including the also normal human Black Widow, who is constantly shown whooping ass despite not being a super soldier.

I wonder how many people recorded the beat down Walker had on the Flag Smasher? Because not only will that be shown in the United States, also likely all over the world, with headlines of Steve Rogers' replacement being too unstable to take his place, and putting the US Government in hot water.

What Walker did will reach the US Government, especially if there's heat on them for Walker killing a man in public.

I wasn't a huge fan of the first two episodes, but this show has won me over big time with the last two. The cliffhangers each week are something else as well.

I don't think a lot of people get the point when it comes to John Walker. They cheer when characters disrespect him and beat his ass, but when he takes the serum and beats someone to death, they're appalled. What do you think lead to him doing that? It's the ridicule you're happy about. I understand people don't want him to be Captain America, but he didn't steal the shield and declare himself Cap. He was chosen to accomplish an impossible task.

Within the show who has been ridiculing him, other that the dude who spat in his face? They've gone out of their way to show that the general public is behind him (or was behind him...that probably changes for some with the tape of the murder). He feels inadequate but that can hardly be blamed on the audience since "we" don't exist to the characters lol.

Bucky had a version of the serum, that was constructed by Zola. James was a special forces officer. Similar to Black ops, we saw he was a marksman snipper for the Howling Commandos. He isn't a bad man, but he also isn't Steve Rogers.

Steve Rogers was the only candidate of the program that the serum worked out perfectly in both the comics and films.
I don't get it, are you saying Bucky is not a good guy because he was a marksman? Steve is not the only good guy in the MCU.

Within the show who has been ridiculing him, other that the dude who spat in his face? They've gone out of their way to show that the general public is behind him (or was behind him...that probably changes for some with the tape of the murder). He feels inadequate but that can hardly be blamed on the audience since "we" don't exist to the characters lol.

The American public is turning on Walker in episode 5, forcing the US Government to respond.

Remember Erskine's quote? About the original super soldier serum: it amplifies who you are. Good becomes great. Bad becomes worse.

I knew that serum not going be good for Walker, he's too much of a bully

I don't think Sam needs the serum to be Cap, and I hope he doesn't take it. I loved that they brought back Sam's skill at counseling troubled folks, and showed him trying to de-escalate the violence. That's what Captain America should be, not the juiced up monster rushing in to bust heads. If (when) Sam takes up the shield he won't be as punchy as either of the two guys that held it before him. But that's okay.
Agreed. Sam doesn't need the serum. The serum didn't make cap cap, giving the serum to Sam will make it seem like he needs the serum to be Cap. Sam is inspiring in his own way, he'll just be a different kind of Captain America.

And how can Lamar die after taking one shot through a wall, but Sam can just walk it off? He did go out like a chump but RIP. Lmao.

Off the top of my head I don't remember...when did Sam get put through a wall?

Episode 5 now becomes my most anticipated episode of the series for these reasons:

- Will we see Zemo again?
- What's Sharon's endgame? (no Pun intended)
- How does the US Government respond to Walker's actions once it goes viral and the American public turns on him.
- Will we see the Bradley's again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"