Falcon and Winter Soldier SEASON 1, EPISODE 4: The Whole World is Watching (SPOILERS)

Going through that scene with the Dora again, it kind of looks like had Walker not used the shield as defence and Sam not grabbed the spear aimed at Lemar, the Dora would have killed both Walker and Lemar with their spears.

Those pointy sticks were aimed to kill.

I know there's a lot of controversy surrounding Bucky's decision to get Zemo out and betraying Wakanda and whether Ayo was justified in removing his arm, but damn those women would have straight up murdered two guys for no other reason than John touched one of them on the shoulder?

Last edited:
Every time Karli Morgenthau is on screen, I’m bored to sleep. She’s just not an interesting antagonist. She also reminds me of the villain from Spider-Man: Miles Morales, who I found very annoying.
Yes! I wouldn't say "I'm bored to sleep" but I don't find her all that interesting.
I don’t know why some of you guys hate Karli so much. I think she’s an interesting antagonist that isn’t hard to empathize with and Kellyman is killing it in the role.
I don't hate her, but I don't exactly find her interesting. I can kinda see where she's coming from but she feels like a plot device.
Yeah, and he looked up to the shield as a symbol which was used to kill him. :csad:
I didn't even think about that until I saw people on here talking about. Ouch.

I liked this episode overall though it did drag a bit in parts. That final visual with John was intense. Steve would never.

I find John a really fun character to hate. Obviously we hate him because he's not Steve, but I also feel bad for him in a way because no one can live up to Cap. I lol'd at "You're doing great John!" from Bucky though.

Seeing the Dora Milaje fighting again was great. I liked how they said they had jurisdiction wherever they happen to be.

I'm not mad at Zemo getting away, even if it was convenient because he's been so much fun. I hope the Wakandans get their hands on him though.

Why did the super soldier serum augment Steve Rogers so that he became much taller and more muscular but it hasn't had that same effect on anyone else?

After John Walker took it he should've also become bigger relative to how he already was. He could've ended up with Rob Liefeld Captain America pecs.

Why did the super soldier serum augment Steve Rogers so that he became much taller and more muscular but it hasn't had that same effect on anyone else?

After John Walker took it he should've also become bigger relative to how he already was. He could've ended up with Rob Liefeld Captain America pecs.

Nagel said in the previous episode that he optimized the serum. No more jacked up bodies.

e74affa2cbdc453ce0ee4254df06ce09b7bee14a.gifv

Sebastian Stan with knives is more sexy than it should be.
If I remember correctly from The Winter Soldier set, he worked hard to get the knife work/flips down (even carried around a fake/plastic knife to practice with off hours)....loved seeing him get to do some more knife work in this and yeah.... definitely sexy :oldrazz:

They can easily retcon that to say the government covered up Extremis.
I had totally forgotten about Extremis. And it seems that Marvel/Disney did too as well considering it hasn’t been brought up at all after Iron Man 3

Going through that scene with the Dora again, it kind of looks like had Walker not used the shield as defence and Sam not grabbed the spear aimed at Lemar, the Dora would have killed both Walker and Lemar with their spears.

Those pointy sticks were aimed to kill.

I know there's a lot of controversy surrounding Bucky's decision to get Zemo out and betraying Wakanda and whether Ayo was justified in removing his arm, but damn those women would have straight up murdered two guys for no other reason than John touched one of them on the shoulder?

Is it a betrayal though ? Tchalla himself had the perfect opportunity to exact revenge on Zemo and chose not to - to be a better person. I suspect that this will feature later on.

King Tchaka's death, from Zemo's bomb was unintentional - probably sufficient intent for felony murder, but he had no specific intent to kill the King, who was just unlucky to be speaking when it went off.

Has Bucky made any specific or general promises to aid Wakanda against Zemo or keep him incarcerated? Not that I can think of.

What I'm saying is that this appears to be a personal mission of vengeance, by Ayo and her comrades - rather than a mission on behalf of Wakanda.

As for the DM trying to kill Walker and Lemar.....I'm not convinced about that either. They disable Walker pretty easily and had the opportunity to kill him there and then. I suspect they would have wounded him and Lemar but not killed either of them and the DM are easily skillful enough to do that with their spears.

They probably find Walker a bit of a joke, given they might have met Steve Rogers during his time in Wakanda.

Anyway, while I wasn't the biggest fan of the BP movie the DM were great here and its setting up an interesting race to the finish between Sam/Bucky, Zemo, the Power Broker and possibly Sharon, Walker, the Flag Smashers and the Dora Milaje. Lots of interesting players for the final 2 episodes.

I've rewatched the scene numerous times and the first time Ayo goes for the kill, Walker used his shield and her spear hits it. It's aimed right for his face. The second time, she incapacitates Walker, points the spear at him, and then pulls it back to thrust forward. This time Bucky stops her.

With Lemar, it's not as clear cut, but the spear thrust was there when Sam grabbed it. What the Dora was going for, can't really tell, but it seems they were all out to severely injure or kill. And for nothing. Walker and Lemar have nothing to do with Zemo.

I think you're right that this wasn't a sanctioned mission by Wakanda but a personal vendetta.

Last edited:
We really need to find out who the Power Broker is in the next episode. I'm assuming whoever it is could be the tease they revealed who'll show up in episode 5.

The shot of the bloddy shield was oof. I was like damn Disney/Marvel went there. :wow:

Sam's doing fine as the back up. He's basically been Cap's air support. When you're the main dude, you need to be able to handle your own in a fight regardless of the opponent.
He;s held his own when he's with Cap or Bucky or the other Avengers. But obviously he'll be found wanting in a one-on-fight with an enhanced individual. I think they def should do more to acknowledge he's up against the odds being just a regular dude.

I've rewatched the scene numerous times and the first time Ayo goes for the kill, Walker used his shield and her spear hits it. It's aimed right for his face. The second time, she incapacitates Walker, points the spear at him, and then pulls it back to thrust forward. This time Bucky stops her.

With Lemar, it's not as clear cut, but the spear thrust was there when Sam grabbed it. What the Dora was going for, can't really tell, but it seems they were all out to severely injure or kill. And for nothing. Walker and Lemar have nothing to do with Zemo.

I think you're right that this wasn't a sanctioned mission by Wakanda but a personal vendetta.

Could be. We know Ayo was working security for the royals during the events of Civil War. She may blame herself for T'Chaka's murder.

As to the murderyness of the Doras.... John and Lemar were impeding their path to Zemo, so the duo were to be taken out. But it wasnt personal, just business. When the Wakandans found out that Helmut was AWOL they had no interest in continuing the conflict.

Could be. We know Ayo was working security for the royals during the events of Civil War. She may blame herself for T'Chaka's murder.

As to the murderyness of the Doras.... John and Lemar were impeding their path to Zemo, so the duo were to be taken out. But it wasnt personal, just business. When the Wakandans found out that Helmut was AWOL they had no interest in continuing the conflict.

I'd argue they stopped fighting because Sam and Bucky stepped in. And it seemed they started the whole thing because Walker was acting like a dick. Doesn't seem like a good enough reason to want to impale someone.

You're a monster, Deck :funny:

I just rewatched the scene where Bateman kills Paul Allen. I actually wonder if Wyatt Russell studied that scene while preparing for this scene. His mannerism during the killing and afterward are similar to Bale’s.

I just rewatched the scene where Bateman kills Paul Allen. I actually wonder if Wyatt Russell studied that scene while preparing for this scene. His mannerism during the killing and afterward are similar to Bale’s.

Disney is all grown up now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"