Falcon and Winter Soldier SEASON 1, EPISODE 4: The Whole World is Watching (SPOILERS)

Hopefully not too surprised.

Ron-Burgandy-Tells-Brick-Tamland-Hes-Probably-Wanted-For-Murder-After-The-Anchorman-Rumble-with-Grenades-Tridents.gif
I wanna watch the film again for just this scene itself.

Every time Karli Morgenthau is on screen, I’m bored to sleep. She’s just not an interesting antagonist. She also reminds me of the villain from Spider-Man: Miles Morales, who I found very annoying.
It's her accent that gets me. That South London demeanor but she comes across as so passive like she should be more brainy than a enhanced fighter.

I've been lukewarm on this show, but this episode definitely stepped it up.

Walker is a great character. The writing and the performance.

And Sebastian Stan knocked it out of the park in that flashback scene.

Still think there's too much of Carly and her gang though. The scene with Sam was great, but when they're on their own, I almost tune out.

I had totally forgotten about Extremis. And it seems that Marvel/Disney did too as well considering it hasn’t been brought up at all after Iron Man 3

Wasn't there a small - unintentional spontaneous combustion- problem with Extremis, where soldiers had a tendency to melt down ? Not a great asset if your army turns itself to cinders during a battle.

I bet there won’t be a season 2.
Kevin Feige will probably announce a new show:
Captain America & the White Wolf

btw really hoping Bucky will be a part of that Wakanda series

why was Battlestar so afraid to cut his ties when that dripping of water/liquid started?
Did he need to pee?

I wonder if the surprise cameo is Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury?
How is Sharon able to track Walker, when she is banned from the U.S. government? Did I miss something?
Like I said before, I don't buy it that Sharon is still a wanted woman.

I think Sharon is still a CIA operative.

Well, the Extremist serum was awfully volatile and blew up a bunch of folks. And the Pym particles require a containment suit on top of the formula.
Pym particles were supposedly volatile as well. Part of the reason Darren Cross went nuts is because of his experimental 'Cross' particles variation.

The Wakanda heart shaped herb also enhanced physical abilities and seems like the most stable superhuman enhancing thing in the MCU. Not sure if any are left after Killmonger burned the heart shaped herb plants in black panther.
It's her accent that gets me. That South London demeanor but she comes across as so passive like she should be more brainy than a enhanced fighter.
I think it is the stubborn South London demeanor that makes me dislike her :funny:
why was Battlestar so afraid to cut his ties when that dripping of water/liquid started?
Did he need to pee?
I thought they might of poured gasoline as a nod to the comics storyline in which John Walker burns his two former friends alive.

Not at all although Sam def seems to be overshadowed by so many supporting characters. It was nice to see him getting more dramatic scenes this episode than simply comedic bits. Like his mention of counseling former vets.
I was really loving his counselling scene with Karli and wanted to see it play out and end successfully. It was really frustrating when Walker made it clear he was going to get involved. I wanted to go through the screen and block him. “No! Sit down, fool.”

I bet there won’t be a season 2.
Kevin Feige will probably announce a new show:
Captain America & the White Wolf

btw really hoping Bucky will be a part of that Wakanda series
I enjoyed seeing more of the Wakanda links with Bucky here. I love that whole association and would like to see him paying them back by helping them out in the show like you say.

I was really loving his counselling scene with Karli and wanted to see it play out and end successfully. It was really frustrating when Walker made it clear he was going to get involved. I wanted to go through the screen and block him. “No! Sit down, fool.”
Same here. I can't believe Bucky got talked into letting Walker interrupt by his cheesing "Sam's your partner. You don't want him to end up dead bla bla ".

Not all former soldiers are heroes nor are they all psychotic villains too.
Certainly not. I just thought this story's theme of "going too far in support of a cause" (Walker, Morgenthau) might've applied to Hoskins as well.

If Walker didn't have the super soldier serum, would he still have smashed the Flag Smasher to death with his shield? Given that his best friend had just been killed and Walker was already feeling the pressure and seemed rather unstable, I'm guessing he would have. And he could still have killed that Flag Smasher even without super strength.

Or would there have been anything holding him back from acting in that way without the serum?

Best episode since the first one for me and possibly best so far full stop. I loved where they went with this and even though I knew certain things were going to happen I liked how they approached it.

I actually liked a bit more focus on the Flag Smashers here as well, previously they were just there but they got some background and motivations here.

And the true John Walker finally arrived.

I wonder if the surprise cameo is Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury?
Slashfilm(who are reliable) is saying it’s a character that has never been seen before in the MCU.

“/Film can confirm that this surprise character is not one that we’ve seen in the MCU before and not one who is primed to appear in an upcoming film. However, we have learned it is an existing Marvel Comics character who is played by a well-known performer. And this guest star must have knocked it out of the park for Spellman to hype up this upcoming episode so much.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"