The Punisher Season 1, Episode 5 "Gunner" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
marvels_the_punisher_tv_netflix_header_1.jpg

EPISODE 5: "Gunner"

Use spoiler tags when discussing the events of any future episodes.

I find the difference between Karen's attitude toward Frank's activities vs. her attitude toward Matt Murdock's to be rather fascinating. It's like, she knows and accepts this is who Frank is (while still wanting better for him), even though his methods are much more extreme than DD's, but she can't do the same with Matt.

I am enjoying the Frank/Micro dynamic.

Last edited:
HUGE FAN THEORY CONFIRMED IN THIS EPISODE!!!!!!!!

Rachael Ray IS in the MCU! What could this mean for Avengers: Infinity Shawarma?

I find the difference between Karen's attitude toward Frank's activities vs. her attitude toward Matt Murdock's to be rather fascinating. It's like, she knows and accepts this is who Frank is (while still wanting better for him), even though his methods are much more extreme than DD's, but she can't do the same with Matt.

Honestly, this feels like precisely a repeat of her Daredevil story - she's sad a person she cares about is tearing himself apart over some quest. It's not a very active role for a character who was given a reporter job precisely to give herself more to do. This does feel like the first episode to pass the Bechdel Test as Karen and Madani talk about Midani getting hit by a car (unless Micro's wife and daughter talk about something not related to the son, Micro, or Frank). Regardless, the exchange there was cool.

The big thing is the woods fight. There's some good moments in it and the starkness of it reminds me a lot of First Blood Part One (which is thematically very close to this). However, maybe it was the darkness at night preventing me from seeing everything, but I got confused when Frank started collapsing. Otherwise, it was good. Four Stars.

Honestly, this feels like precisely a repeat of her Daredevil story - she's sad a person she cares about is tearing himself apart over some quest. It's not a very active role for a character who was given a reporter job precisely to give herself more to do.

Given Daredevil is Karen's home show, they probably were limited in what they COULD do with her over here on The Punisher. I imagine though that she'll get more proper character development once Daredevil season 3 starts.

Best episode of the season so far. The scene between Karen and Frank was so touching, and the part where [blackout]Gunner's arrow hit Frank[/blackout] had me jumping out of my seat. The relationship between Micro and Frank is kinda hilarious. I approve.

Yeah that sandwich bit killed me for some reason. I'm actually really engaged by Micro's family stuff.

Because I just recently watched the opening scene of BvS on YouTube but I think the actress for Micro’s daughter is the same girl that Bruce saved.

Micro’s son needs to stop being a dick.

The sandwich part had me laughing.

I was thinking Agent Orange was gonna send some more people to get Frank and Gunner during the night.

Solid episode! The fight in the woods was really good and using the drone and Micro to help made better. Loving the dynamic between Frank and Micro, it's making the show.

That scene with Madani and Russo seemed more explicit than the others on Marvel Netflix though..wowsa

Gunner was cool and I enjoyed the fight in the woods.

I don't really like that. She gives Matt too hard a time.

I don't really like that. She gives Matt too hard a time.

What really pissed me off about Karen is she was ALL for Daredevil prior to knowing it was Matt.

As soon as she found out she got MORE annoying as hell.

I am enjoying the Frank/Micro dynamic.

I really think the Frank & Karen relationship is like a Brother/ Sister relationship, because they are tightly bonded, but not sexual. I like in the one episode when Frank see's Karen in trouble, he almost has a breakdown with anger and anxiety because he cannot immediately protect her.

I hope they don't ever cross that, because their exchanges are great.

So agent Madonni or whatever had no limp and minor bruising. Only 5minutes in but come on.

Micro's tech game was on point with the drone. Made me think about the RC car launched from the under carriage of the battle van in the 90's. Hook the drone up with small arms and some demo and, ladies and gentlemen, we have ourselves a firefight.

I really think the Frank & Karen relationship is like a Brother/ Sister relationship, because they are tightly bonded, but not sexual. I like in the one episode when Frank see's Karen in trouble, he almost has a breakdown with anger and anxiety because he cannot immediately protect her.

I hope they don't ever cross that, because their exchanges are great.

I don't think it could ever become romantic without ruining the show, and also, I have no faith in writers when it comes to love triangles. And Karen deserves to be more than just catnip for her male hero counterparts.

Because I just recently watched the opening scene of BvS on YouTube but I think the actress for Micro’s daughter is the same girl that Bruce saved.

Micro’s son needs to stop being a dick.

The sandwich part had me laughing.

I was thinking Agent Orange was gonna send some more people to get Frank and Gunner during the night.

I suspect that Agent Orange doesn't have an unlimited supply of unattributable black ops commandos immediately on hand. ;)

This is still slow and rather tedious. I never feel in a hurry to want to watch the next episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"